Thread: diet help

ess3489 is offline Junior Member

diet help

i have not seen as much gains as i did when i just started lifting 3 years ago.... the past year i have seen some increase in strength but my body size will not grow. i really want to gain some solid mass with little fat gain.

i know diet is key here so i want to get it right so i can start to grow. usually i eat alot of deer meat and fish and chicken with veggies or oats and pwo shake..... so i am going to post my diet on here as today goes on what exactly i eat so yall can help me.

btw im 6'1 195lbs and 22 yrs old. bf is somewhere around 15-18 percent

11:00 am- 4 eggs with yolks -honestly i was not that full not sure
    - 2 peices whole wheat bread if i should add anything or just leave it alone
    - 3/4 cups of oat

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Add in 6-8 egg whites to your breakfast for starters what about the rest of your diet?

im going to post my diet up as i eat today to get a good idea of when im eating and what im eating..... so instead of 4 eggs i should eat 6-8 and only eat the whites no yolk?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Still eat some whole eggs as well as the egg whites.

fastwardo is offline Junior Member
    Your first meal doesn't seem to have enought protein. I think 4 whole eggs comes out to like 20 grams of protein if I'm not mistaken. You need 195 grams of protein a day just to maintain your muscle, and you need enough calories. If you eat 6 times a day, you will need a minimum of 33 grams of protein per meal. Again, that is to maintain your current muscle.

Actually, I think 100% whole wheat bread has 5 grams of protein per slice, and I think 3/4 cup of oatmeal has around that much as well. I guess that comes out to around 35 grams of protein in your first meal. Probably still not enough for you to bulk up though. Don't forget, to bulk you will also need a good amount of complex carbs as well

so what would you recomend me adding to it to get more protein and more complex carbs?? i really want yall to give me food examples or sample breakfast so i know what to eat and how much of it. and thanks for all the replies so far

LOL I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Once we know what your whole diet throughout the day looks like, we will be able to help you. It all depends on your goals too, of course.

haha ok well ill keep posting what im eating and when and yall critique it at the end and let me know exactly what to change

next meal 1:45- 1skinless chicken breast and 1 skinless chicken thigh with mustard and pepper ( around 50-60 grams of protein i think)
    - 3-4 cups of the frozen veggies u buy in a bag from the store
    mostly has broccoli peas spinach carrots mushrooms onions
    - 2 pieces whole wheat bread
    Last edited by ess3489; 09-16-2009 at 01:06 PM.

3-4 cups was alittle over kill on the veggies for me..... next time probably more like 2-3 cups. ill keep posting up my diet as my day goes on

Hey bro, It would be a lot easier on everyone here if you were to just go ahead and post your entire days diet all in one post tonight before you go to bed. It will be much easier to read, instead of having to scroll up and down to see each meal. Just a suggestion. And it doesn't really matter how much veggies you eat. We eat them as a source of fiber and some nutrients, not as carbs. Most people don't even count them as carbs, they are just a staple you should eat with each meal to keep your digestive system in shape.

will do ill post up tonight the entire day all in one

Thread Information