BiteTheDust is offline Junior Member

Big Boy Needs some Big Help.

Hey all.
    I have been a lurker for about 4 years, mainly reading on lifting techniques and passing bye the new section of the forums :P

I am starting fresh on a diet rather soon and was hoping to get some advice I can follow.

I dieted about four months ago and lost 40 pounds over two months. Doing the atkins deal. But I noticed myself getting very weak at work.

I am a grocery clerk at a understaffed store so I am very active in walking around and getting up and down up and down all day from my knees to stock shelves. And because of my known stregth I am given the heavy jobs for lifting stuff.

Now here are my stats.

Sex: male
    height: 5'11
    Weight: 400 pounds.
    Bodyfat % : I would guess prob. 40 percent.

I have a very very broad body type and people are always suprised to hear how much I weight, looking at me they guess I weight at most 300 pounds. I have a big frame.

I constantly have people telling me, smarten up on what you eat and work out and you would be a scary ****ing person. But. Here is my problem. I have a horrible eating style. I over eat the **** out of everything and drink lots of pop. I know this has to stop. Today I ate two footlongs for lunch. WTF eh. I dont even feel good after. I feel sick.

Im just tired of being fat and having only two things I constantly think about, Sex and losing weight. I wish to be able to focuse more on the Sex like most other men.

So Yeah.

If I missed anything please ask and I will tell all. I have nothing to lose but about 160 pounds probably lol.

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    Hey bro. Good to hear you are ready to change your life. I wish you the best. I'm no diet
    expert but I know the guys who are are going to ask you about your TDEE to get a diet
    started for you. So go to this site and type in your info and it will give you your TDEE.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/tdee-calculator.html

Says my TDEE is 5118

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    okay. scroll throught the diet section and see what you can come up with, That number is how many calories you will need to eat in order to maintain your current weight, so you would need to cut it down in order to lose weight. In your case im not sure xactly how much. wait for a more experienced member in the diet section to help you. jaymar will be a huge help. He will direct you when he reads this.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    post up your stats.
    and here because he will ask...
    BY jamyjamjr
    Welcome to the diet forum....

if you have not already done so, post up your stats

height
    bf
    goals.. be specific

please take the time to follow these directions, they will better prepair the both of us for the critique and tweaking of your diet..

you need to figure our your BMR (this is the basal metabolic rate of your body... which means if you were to do nothing all day, ur body would burn these many calories)

once u'v figured out your BMR, u need your TDEE (this is your total daily energy expenditure, it's based upon your activity level)

But first things first, please post up your current diet.. you have to be brutally honest about what you've been eating on average for the last few weeks so i know where your metabolism is at..
    please include macros

MACROS = pro/fat/cal/carb of every meal and a daily total on the bottom
    you can use fitday . com to help you our with this... be as detailed and specific as possible

please include the time of when u eat and the time of your workout

example:

6am pro/carb/fat/cal
    10 egg whites 50/0/0/200
    1/2 cup oats- 3/50/2/218
    53/50/2/418

REMEMBER

1g protien - 4cal
    1g carb - 4cal
    1g fat - 9cal
    1g alcohol - 8cal (some would argue 7)

also tell me what your workout reg is...

BMR formula #1 (if you bf is high, use this one... you need an accurate bf reading)

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

in order to figure out your bmr, you need to know what your lean body mass is.. so, in turn, u need to know what your body fat percentage is...

if you dont know your bodyfat percentage, go to your gym and get tested (please dont use electronic scales to get your bf checked, they're horrible)

if you cannot find a gym to get tested at, please post up a picture for estimates, we're pretty good at it (you also have the option of pming it to me if you have more then 25 posts)

Total weight x bf in decimel form = total bf weight

Total weight - total bf weight = total lean body mass

if your total lean body mass is in lbs, u can divide it by 2.2 to get it in kilograms..

for example..

i am 6'4 275lbs at 14% bf... so i would multiply 275 by .14 (converted from percent to decimal)= 38.5lbs

275 - 38.5 = 236.5lbs lean body weight

236.5 / 2.2 = 107.5 lean mass in kg

370 + (21.6 x 107.5) = 2692 BMR (this is high for the average person, im a big guy)

BMR formula #2 (only to be used if your bf is low)

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

female BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )

TDEE

Once u have you bmr, u need to calculate your TDEE, this is simply done with some multiplication...

you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Once you have your TDEE, i need you to watch these videos

Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition

So you wanna learn how to Diet?

this video will give you a great idea as to what your diet should be looking like and the foods you should be eating..

it's also very informative as to how dieting works and what you need to be doing..

once you've aquired this vast knowledge and done what i'v asked of you, please post up a new diet for critiquing and finalization...
    please include macros and times just as before...

try to remember that dieting is not an overnight thing.. it takes time and patience....

weight: 400 pounds
    height: 5 foot 11 inches
    bf: I dont know how to check for sure but I will guess 40 percent.
    goals.. be specific
    BMR: 3318.299940181818
    TDEE: 5118

Current Diet: I eat out, ALOT. I work in a grocery store and alot of the time once I am done a shift I dont even wanna look at a can of food or a head of letuce. I wanna get fast easy food. Which is a bad thing I know.

Here is a example of my diet on a work day.

Wake up at 10am.

11 am get a footlong double meat sub from subway with every veg on it.
    a large coke and a bag of chips.

Start work at 1230 pm

first break at 4 pm. Eat another footlong sub. Usually same deal as the first.

7 pm last break at work. Have a bottle of pop or a 1 litre jug of chocolate milk.

Done work at 9pm. Go get a slushy and some candy on the way home from work.

goto bed at 1am. (usually play games or watch TV once I am home)

My only work out I get at the moment is that I do at work. Which usually has me very sore and tired by the end of it. Mainly cause of my weight and walking and kneeling on concrete all day.

On days off work. I will sleep in till around 10am still. Wake up. Have a cup of coffee and watch the news.

Around 12 or 1 Pm I will go out for lunch.

Then come home after renting a movie and be a lazy bastard.

Play video games and such. Until dinner, some times go for subway or order pizza, I order two large pizzas. One for dinner and one for the next day for lunch or what ever. And as always, got lots of pop around for drinking.

also tell me what your workout reg is... : At the moment I dont have one, this friday I am getting my first gym membership and I will be working out every other day before work.

BMR formula #1 (if you bf is high, use this one... you need an accurate bf reading)

I dont have any access to the gym till friday for a test so here is a pic for you guys to guess, Im guessing 40 percent.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/850...1745396151.jpg

Dipolognon is offline New Member
    do you play world of warcraft or any MMO? i used to weigh 260lbs, i lost 40 lbs since i quit playing video games(its very time consuming that leads to lack of sleep all the time) and stop drinking soda/fast food.. heheh.

hahah yeah I do play WoW... It is deff a life sucker!

mysixpackabs is offline Associate Member
    Warcraft DotA?

Klimax is offline Member
    At first you should start to eat clean at least. No fast food, but chicken, oil, brown rice, veggies, sweet potatoes, beef...
    The Atkind diet is crapp; however if you can manage a no carb diet, you could do a Cycling Keto diet.

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Bro first off... Good for u ... U want to improve yourself...honestly I give u my props ... A lot of people when they reach your weight they just give up.... Good for you congrats once again

This is a lifestyle.... This is living, u will feel better about urself and be healthier... Sex will come as a side effect of this lifestyle... Lots of it... Nothing to worry about... Except if ur ruhlfreak( inside joke ull know what it means eventually) ...

The path is not easy... Nor fast to travel, but rest assured that every moment on from today Is about u and u will thank urself for every lb or gram u loose... For every pop u don't drink... For every home made high protein... Moderate carb and fat meal....for starving urself and feeling like ur gonna vanish out of hunger...
    It's all good man, u will loose weight and u will set an example in your community, If I was u I'd be saving money for the new wardrobe and taping myself as u could even get hired to promote one of the silly weight loss programs( hey it's still money), but seriously take pics every week.... Make a log... Keep us posted... We like To know that more and more people are getting into a healthy lifestyle

Once again congrats and keep it up good luck

Dipolognon is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheDust View Post
    hahah yeah I do play WoW... It is deff a life sucker!
    hehe i can tell a fellow WoW player from a mile away lol. You should start thinking of stop playing it or just play it casually like i do (i stopped raiding and just arena pvp, get points in/grief some people then thats it lol). Anyway, goodluck to us haha.

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    Hey just chiming in to say good luck bro, SO glad to see you here. Your life must change from here on out. We don't **** around here.

good luck bro.

stokedv is offline Associate Member
    I will be honest with you... I am very glad to hear that you want to lose the weight.. and I am very happy that you are on your way to a new healthy life.. but I will repeat myself its a NEW LIFE.. no more pizza... no more subway... ALL OF THE FOOD should be cooked by YOU.. and you should definitely do cardio 2 times a day.. and you should go to the gym every single day .. I will PM you with some more advice and my personal experience... its been a month now that I am enduring this aweful crave but now I can wear those size 32 pants.. and I was wearing 40 before I started.. and the crave goes away because you adapt and get used to it.. I am very happy with the results and it's woth it.. the hardest part is to stick to it , and restart every time that you quit.. but it's way worth it.. and sex will come when the six pack will come i can guarantee this to you

Damn, I wasnt expecting such a strong support community. This is very motivating. thanks guys!!!

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40 View Post
    okay. scroll throught the diet section and see what you can come up with, That number is how many calories you will need to eat in order to maintain your current weight, so you would need to cut it down in order to lose weight. In your case im not sure xactly how much. wait for a more experienced member in the diet section to help you. jaymar will be a huge help. He will direct you when he reads this.
    so you looked at his tdee and you think that's okay??

who do you know that eats 5k calorie a day without being a pro bb or.. well.. overweight...??

weight: 400 pounds
    height: 5 foot 11 inches
    bf: I dont know how to check for sure but I will guess 40 percent.
    goals.. be specific
    BMR: 3318.299940181818
    TDEE: 5118

Current Diet: I eat out, ALOT. I work in a grocery store and alot of the time once I am done a shift I dont even wanna look at a can of food or a head of letuce. I wanna get fast easy food. Which is a bad thing I know.

Here is a example of my diet on a work day.

Wake up at 10am.

11 am get a footlong double meat sub from subway with every veg on it.
    a large coke and a bag of chips.

Start work at 1230 pm

first break at 4 pm. Eat another footlong sub. Usually same deal as the first.

7 pm last break at work. Have a bottle of pop or a 1 litre jug of chocolate milk.

Done work at 9pm. Go get a slushy and some candy on the way home from work.

goto bed at 1am. (usually play games or watch TV once I am home)

My only work out I get at the moment is that I do at work. Which usually has me very sore and tired by the end of it. Mainly cause of my weight and walking and kneeling on concrete all day.

On days off work. I will sleep in till around 10am still. Wake up. Have a cup of coffee and watch the news.

Around 12 or 1 Pm I will go out for lunch.

Then come home after renting a movie and be a lazy bastard.

Play video games and such. Until dinner, some times go for subway or order pizza, I order two large pizzas. One for dinner and one for the next day for lunch or what ever. And as always, got lots of pop around for drinking.

also tell me what your workout reg is... : At the moment I dont have one, this friday I am getting my first gym membership and I will be working out every other day before work.

I dont have any access to the gym till friday for a test so here is a pic for you guys to guess, Im guessing 40 percent.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/850...1745396151.jpg
    thank you for being honest.. i appreciate it...

obviously your diet is horrible..

you look like u might be 40+.. could u send me a pic without a shirt on?? full body?
    we can keep it confidential..

now im going to ask you a strange question.. what is the name of the girl in that picture with you??

she looks very very familiar

Says my TDEE is 5118
    this is very, very wrong.. because the calculator you used does not put bodyfat vs. lean body mass into consideration....

i have a better formula, but i need u to send that pic

I will send a pic tommorow. Need to get my camera. I am gonna be doing a week by week pic of myself as well to keep track of progress. I am one of those people who NEEDS to see physical change or I beat the shit out of myself lol.

And before I go posting pics to yeah. I need to know if you live around me, I honestly couldnt live with a pic of myself in the shape I am in being in circulation. I havnt even had my shirt off in public since I was 11. So yeah. I am pretty hard on myself for how I look. I live in Gibsons, BC, Canada. You live near there?

you didn't answer my question... who is the girl in that pic you posted??

i live in southern cali..
    Last edited by jamyjamjr; 09-29-2009 at 11:19 PM.

And before I go posting pics to yeah. I need to know if you live around me, I honestly couldnt live with a pic of myself in the shape I am in being in circulation. I havnt even had my shirt off in public since I was 11. So yeah. I am pretty hard on myself for how I look. I live in Gibsons, BC, Canada. You live near there?
    we're gonna fix that bro.. it'll take time and patience but it's absolutely fixable..

and the girls name is Melissa Rheaume. a good friend of mine

Bro I use to not take my shirt off either ... But that will be solved... Things here will be confidential depending on how much of an a-hole the member is, jamyis known to help people... The big plus of being here is that u will prob get advise u would have to pay for.... For free and prob a better one....plus... Rest assured man once here it's the last time u will look like that so ppl won't even know it's u in case the pic gets around (whic I don't thik)

and the girls name is Melissa Rheaume. a good friend of mine
    she looks like a larger version of my ex.. laeh lexington..

she could be her twin bro..

how long have you known her??

about three years. I am goin to get my camera now

Have you done your cardio today??? How did you do? Me like others are going to Watch this post closely.. Remember dont run! With your weight your joints are going to hurt baaad so you are more likely to quit... Fast walking is what made me able to run now.. I run for 45 minutes streight now and it took me one month of cardio 2 Times a day to achieve this .. For the second Time cardio session of the day you can jog but try to alternate with biking or at the gym eliptical, stairclimbs or whatwver other cardio.. Remember to eat right!!!!! Before and after workouts

I just got back from doing my cardio

Did a hour a bike at the gym. then some weights.

For breakfast I had some Old fashioned oats plain and a egg with some ham. (no sugar ketchup on egg like 1 carb per tablespoon)

Lunch I had a can of tuna and a red pepper cut up.

Man if there is a bike available use it... Easy on ur joints if not try eliptical

Why did you get banned Jam, you are a nice guy

Will do bud. thanks for the email

grinchinit is offline Associate Member
    good luck man and dont worry about it! stress is one of those things that will stop you from losing weight so keep it easy on yourself and be happy with the improvements you make! i used to weigh 220(im 5'9) now im 170 and i feel great but still goin! be consistent and nothing will stop you!! you will inspire so many people if you accomplish what your setting out for

cya around the board!

I just got back from doing my cardio

Did a hour a bike at the gym. then some weights.

For breakfast I had some Old fashioned oats plain and a egg with some ham. (no sugar ketchup on egg like 1 carb per tablespoon)

Lunch I had a can of tuna and a red pepper cut up.
    KK bro tomorrow do your weights, and then do the cardio for 30 minutes... and do a quick walk in the morning for an hour... then come home and eat 7 egg whites and half cup oats with a nail pinch of splenda.... you will feel great!!!
    do that every day .. cardio before weights is not good you exhaust yourself with cardio... but it's good to do a moderate to sprint run for like 4 minutes to warm you up and put the blood in the right place ...

PS : And please build up a nice diet with Jamy go trough his sticky (it's up here in this post) calculate everything nicely and make a nice list of every meal with every time you have to eat it.. post it here and people will tweak it for you ... it's awesome how you can save a couple hundred bucks by getting your diet fixed up here professionally instead of going to a nutritionist... and it works tested and proven.. many many times...
    Last edited by stokedv; 10-01-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Thread Information