Razor172 is offline Junior Member

working on a schedule for night time

hi all
    been trying to get diet just right reading alot and getting ideas from everyones post thanks guys. with the way my schedule runs i kind of set this up. first my stats are age 42, 5'11in, 170lbs, bf is like 12-15 maybe very active my goal is to put on mass and the cut i hope.

5am protein shake
    7am gym
    10am 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 8oz of orange juice, whole wheat toast, and 1 cup of oatmeal
    12noon protein shake
    1pm bedtime
    5-6pm dinner with family chicken, beef, veggie, potato or pasta
    8pm protein shake
    8-10pm back to bed
    10pm ready for work ( I was going to put a protein shake here to)
    12am can of tuna or chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat bread
    3am dinner basiclly what ever i put together from dinner that night( brown rice) then i start over 5am

ok so this is what i got for schedule my next step is all the numbers my BMR is 2300-2400 i think if im doing it right and with a moderate activity factor and think it something like 3800 that sounds high. This is where i need the help of the pros here and see if i can get some help in tweaking this setup. I really have no cycle time under my belt but most likely will do a test only or add dbol the novice cycle I. so i could use all the help i can get
    thanks Razor

Cals Fat (g) Carbs (g) Prot (g)
    Total 2,897 56.2 277.3 304.6

this is what im getting from fitday
    Last edited by Razor172; 10-03-2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: to add text

ok i got the kcal up. the times are they good for my meals? here are my last blood work that i had done. this was more then 6 months ago. should be better lost 15lbs when i got back into gym. I guess all i need to know is if my times are good and i can play with the foods as i get more into it.

Hemoglobin A1C 5.2
    cholesterol 164
    Triglycerides 53
    HDL 45
    LDL 110
    total cholesterol 3.6L

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor172 View Post
    hi all
    been trying to get diet just right reading alot and getting ideas from everyones post thanks guys. with the way my schedule runs i kind of set this up. first my stats are age 42, 5'11in, 170lbs, bf is like 12-15 maybe very active my goal is to put on mass and the cut i hope.

5am protein shake
    7am gym
    10am 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 8oz of orange juice, whole wheat toast, and 1 cup of oatmeal
    12noon protein shake
    1pm bedtime
    8pm protein shake
    8-10pm back to bed
    3am dinner basiclly what ever i put together from dinner that night( brown rice) then i start over 5am

ok so this is what i got for schedule my next step is all the numbers my BMR is 2300-2400 i think if im doing it right and with a moderate activity factor and think it something like 3800 that sounds high. This is where i need the help of the pros here and see if i can get some help in tweaking this setup. I really have no cycle time under my belt but most likely will do a test only or add dbol the novice cycle I. so i could use all the help i can get
    thanks Razor

I came up with 2253 for bmr and tdee is 3492.

As far as calories, Id keep them just over maint. Train hard, do cardio 3 times a week to keep any unwanted fat off and I think that you will be fine........jmo......

as far as the diet itself, someone might jump in and help out with one because everybody has different eating types and habbits...

what I can say is lose the shakes except for post workout. You need real food instead unless your really have a loos for time. Dump the pasta and add sweet potatoes and for veggies eat your greens!!..

Im not a pro here so I hope that I can help out a bit!!!!

hey thanks i will drop shakes and use them only if i miss a meal and at PWO work. I drop pasta love sweet potato lol. ok so i should keep over the 2253 or the higher number 3492? thanks alot Razor

hey thanks i will drop shakes and use them only if i miss a meal and at PWO work. I drop pasta love sweet potato lol. ok so i should keep over the 2253 or the higher number 3492? thanks alot Razor
    Based on your information, 3492 is at maintenance level and to bulk or cut go up or down by 500 and start from there. 2253 will be starving yourself!

ok thats what i thought the 3492. thanks alot for the help

ok thats what i thought the 3492. thanks alot for the help
    anytime bro!!!!!!!

killface is offline Associate Member
    hi all

5am protein shake
    7am gym
    12noon protein shake
    1pm bedtime
    8pm protein shake
    8-10pm back to bed

thanks Razor

Damn man, that's a crazy schedule. I work Midnight-0900 but I only sleep for one period of time ~1000-1700. I train right before work instead of after which is what it looks like you do. I'll take a closer look and see if there's any advice I can give when I have some more time.

yeah i work 11 to 7 am i go to gym at 7. Im done around 10am then i eat and do what i have to. get to bed by 1pm then im back up around 6. I only sleep around 4-5 hours if im luck. then theres the times i got to work 7-7 in the summer then i sleep like 12-5 and get up for work by 6pm. so you can see why its hard to hold my diet sometimes just dont feel like eating or i dont get time at work. Im really hopping i can make this work.

hi all

5am protein shake
    7am gym
    12noon protein shake
    1pm bedtime
    8pm protein shake
    8-10pm back to bed

thanks Razor

It looks like you're trying to accommodate your family's schedule so see if this will work for you. It's still probably not ideal but I think it's a better plan than what you're currently doing.

6:00PM: You should be fine with carbs in this meal even though you're going back to sleep shortly. Since this is YOUR breakfast, your body should use everything up within the couple hours before your nap. Maybe take it easy on carbs here, you'll just have to test it out.
    8:00PM: Nap
    10:00PM: I'd eat some real food here, protein + complex carbs again.
    1:00AM: Try to replace the bread with a better carb source
    4:00AM: Dinner
    6:00AM: Shake
    7:00AM: Gym
    10:00AM: Post-WO? What I would do here is have a PWO shake with protein and simple carbs directly after your workout. Then, if you have to eat "breakfast" (family time?), lose the carbs.
    12:00PM: Try to make this whole food like beef, cottage cheese, or a casein shake, get some fat too.
    1:00PM: Bed

That's what I would do. You'll obviously have to fill your macros in for yourself. The basic idea I was following is to not have you sleeping on a bunch of carbs - get them in at the beginning of your day instead. That's why I don't like that nap in there but I know you need it.

wow thanks that will help out alot. it looks better managed then what i had. ill start doing it that way and see if it works better for me thanks again killface

No problem, sorry it took so long.

I really only have time to post here when I'm at work so I had to wait until I got back. Hrm... Seems backwards.

yeah lol. ill keep you posted on how its going

hey killface that schdule has been working out great even feel better.not so full in the morning. my body was feeling real good in the gym yesterday. on my way there now. thanks again

I'm glad I could help brother.

Thread Information