Thread: Keto help

jccnewbie is offline Senior Member

Keto help

OK, so I have done the atkins diet several times with great results but I was never on cycle either. I have been bulking now for 6 weeks and have to cut my cycle short from an unexpected seizure.

What differences are there in atkins and keto? How should the Keto plan be layed out and how should I train while on it?

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    Isn't Atkins a keto diet? Not sure if there are any differences. IMO don't do a keto diet until you are done with PCT and back to normal, just eat clean. Actually I'm not a big fan of keto diets. I have done keto twice and, for me, I lose too much muscle. I think a clean diet is easier to do and works just as well, if not better.

big_k is offline Associate Member
    I have done Keto Diet successfully, just follow a 60% fat 30% Protein 10% Carbs

I cut down carbs to 5% in order to get more protein (35%)

I Lost significant amount of fat doing this diet, and not paying attention to the sources of fat as long as it fit my macros it was good..

Now when I cut I use something like the Anabolic Diet / Palumbo Diet. Similar idea, but way more protein

Myself and friends have been successful in losing a lot of bodyfat, while retaining and even gaining a little mass on this.

Heres a Rough Guide
    Code:
    MEAL #1
    5 whole eggs (make sure to buy *****-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good *****-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the *****-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
    "Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
    "Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
    SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (*****-3) eggs and 4 extra whites
    My diet is similar but with no protein shakes, all whole foods, remember you need to tweak it to your own needs.

And lastly since you are low carbs, that means low glycogen stores so the key to cardio is Low Intensity, and long bouts, It gets boring, but it gets the job done.

You get one cheat meal a week, same time, and its a cheat meal, you can go to town just get some carbs/fat/protein, although personally I keep it High Carbs/Protein/ some fat

Hope this helped.

got fina? is offline Member
    I too have used the Keto diet with great results. Dropping from 24% bf to about 8% in a 2 month period is very realistic for me when using this diet.

If u could fight off the extreme weakness u will get from this diet, and still hit the gym to your fullest potential, you will see great results.

Probably the best diet i have ever tried for shedding fat so rapidly, and the one i goto before every summer.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    First off, Atkins is a Keto diet. I've just decided to go keto for 2 weeks to get under 10% bf before beginning my cycle. My diet is all but identical to your posted one, however, I find myself taking advantage of the diet's paramaters and having some melted cheddar cheese on my eggs and some crumbled Blue/Gorgonzola on my proteins. Any drawback to this as it results to fat loss or is fat all the same on this diet? Of course, I still have healthy fats like almonds/avocados too. Remember, when doing a diet like this - a cup of berries isn't out of the question w/ breakfast either!

big_k is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    First off, Atkins is a Keto diet. I've just decided to go keto for 2 weeks to get under 10% bf before beginning my cycle. My diet is all but identical to your posted one, however, I find myself taking advantage of the diet's paramaters and having some melted cheddar cheese on my eggs and some crumbled Blue/Gorgonzola on my proteins. Any drawback to this as it results to fat loss or is fat all the same on this diet? Of course, I still have healthy fats like almonds/avocados too. Remember, when doing a diet like this - a cup of berries isn't out of the question w/ breakfast either!
    If you're following a Palumbo style "keto" diet, then you're not supposed to. He believes in eating ALL healthy fats. Oils, different nuts, etc. But in all honesty some cheese here and there is not going to hurt you, as long as you account for the calories. Its just that you don't want to shift over and make it your main source of fat calories, because then you can potentially run into some problems health wise.

A cup of berries is actually a no-no on most keto diets, unless you're doing a TKD (Timed Keto Diet) where you only ingest carbs before and after your workout. But you never replenish with a cheat meal.

There are thousands of combinations, in the end, if fat loss is your goal you're going to get there as long as you keep calories under control. Just know what works for your body, experiment and you'll find the recipe for success!

Quote Originally Posted by got fina? View Post
    I too have used the Keto diet with great results. Dropping from 24% bf to about 8% in a 2 month period is very realistic for me when using this diet.

If u could fight off the extreme weakness u will get from this diet, and still hit the gym to your fullest potential, you will see great results.

Probably the best diet i have ever tried for shedding fat so rapidly, and the one i goto before every summer.
    I've actually managed to not only put on SOME mass while I'm cutting with Palumbo, but in fact a lot of my lifts increase. I might be the exception and not the norm, but I have also used Keto-like diets for years so I might believe its partially due to my body being accustomed to it.

jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Great advice guys, this was exactly what I was looking for. I totally ballooned up while on test and I'm probably around 25% bf now (although I'm sure a big part of that is water weight as well). I'm lookng forward to starting this diet and shredding these ugly pounds.

Thanks again

Klimax is offline Member
    During a cycle tdee raises because of the increase lbm.

Thread Information