Little Herc is offline Associate Member

How much protein do I need.

Hi guys
    I'm 5.7 190 and low to mid 20% body fat.

I'm currently bulking Dirty but 100% better than ive done in the past. I atleast make sure to get my protein and keep carbs in at appropriate times. Sometime im lazy and instead of making some chicken and veggie I go to burger king and get 2 of their 32g protein and 200g of fat burgers and a large diet coke lol

I shoot for 1.5g of protein per pound a day. I really dont have a big appetite and got sort of a nervous stomach (get sick if i eat to much) and was wandering I have got to count my body fat into the 1.5g per lb equation. So basically im looking for an excuse not to have to eat as much.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    If eats between losing out on protein or eating BK, I'd just lose the protein. You are what you eat.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Herc View Post
    Hi guys

I'm currently bulking Dirty but 100% better than ive done in the past. I atleast make sure to get my protein and keep carbs in at appropriate times. Sometime im lazy and instead of making some chicken and veggie I go to burger king and get 2 of their 32g protein and 200g of fat burgers and a large diet coke lol

I shoot for 1.5g of protein per pound a day. I really dont have a big appetite and got sort of a nervous stomach (get sick if i eat to much) and was wandering I have got to count my body fat into the 1.5g per lb equation. So basically im looking for an excuse not to have to eat as much.
    Dude if you are dirty bulking at 20%bf with burger king... well let's just say that getting the exact protein you need is the least of your worries.

you also need GOOD fats... and maybe you are getting sick because of what you are eating. seriously though...

Little Herc is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, i know, its bad but I'm one of the few guys i know whos body fat can get that high and I dont really look bad meaning my gut and face dont fatten up as much as some.

I dont eat bad during cuts and i usually straighten up my diet about a month before just so i dont have to cut as long.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    well if you wanna look good you have to eat your protein, efas, and carbs (good...)

Klimax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Dude if you are dirty bulking at 20%bf with burger king... well let's just say that getting the exact protein you need is the least of your worries.

you also need GOOD fats... and maybe you are getting sick because of what you are eating. seriously though...
    ^^+1

For the proteins, i would have 1.5g /pound of lbm of high quality proteins. Extra proteins will come from carb sources. If you're bulking and taking much kals and carbs 1g may be enough. I see alot people who eat 2g/lbs bulking and complain that they don't grow; imo that's because of the tons of unecessary pro.
    Last edited by Klimax; 11-22-2009 at 10:59 AM.

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, i know, its bad but I'm one of the few guys i know whos body fat can get that high and I dont really look bad meaning my gut and face dont fatten up as much as some.

Really??? PICS!!!!
    Not trying to be mean but 5'7 190 @20%bf is Probably not a pretty sight. I could be wrong though...

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys

At 20+% bodyfat, 'dirty bulking' will only result in more bodyfat. Personally I think you're wasting your time and cash with this approach.

re: Your protein requirements... You're currently shooting for just short of 300gr of protein (1.5gr*190lbs) per day. I really can't see you needing that much... particularly since your LBM is less than 150 lbs. If you were doing a high protein, low-carb, low-to-moderate fat keto-type diet (and cutting)... maybe.

Bulking?

No.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Thread Information