stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici

Post Post post workout meal

Ok im a little confused, but from what I have been researching many people say after your PWO shake, 1 hour later you should have another meal of real food with protein and complex carbs. But usually I wait 2-3 hrs to have my next meal.

My question is, is it necessary to eat one hr after your PWO shake? and is it necessary to include carbs as well? I thought my PWO shake of 80g of carbs would replenish my lost glycogen during the workout. Any help would be much appreciated.

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Are u taking iso mass extreme gainer ?

green22 is offline Senior Member
    In most cases yes cause most PWO drinks are not that high in calories, unless they are more like weight gainer drinks. my post workout is 2 peices of fruit, usually an apple and banana and 2 scoops of whey. Its bout 400 cal so in an hr Im usually hungery. So I guess you sould determine when and what to eat based on what you consume PWO.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    Ok im a little confused, but from what I have been researching many people say after your PWO shake, 1 hour later you should have another meal of real food with protein and complex carbs. But usually I wait 2-3 hrs to have my next meal.

My question is, is it necessary to eat one hr after your PWO shake? and is it necessary to include carbs as well? I thought my PWO shake of 80g of carbs would replenish my lost glycogen during the workout. Any help would be much appreciated.
    I guess it would also depend if youre bulking or cutting. Im cutting right now so my pwo shake is protein and fats.

Klimax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post

It's necessary to have a good diet. If you eat pizza at dinner it isn't so important if you eat 1h or 3h after you pwo shake.
    Glycogen replenishment occours in 2 days not with 80g carb.

Thread Information