adem- is offline Junior Member

weight loss plateau

BF: 12.5%
    Height: 173cm
    Weight: 74.5kg

So i have been dieting for the last 4 weeks.
    in the second week i started clen 2 weeks on, 1 week off, now im into my 4th week.

It has been going really well. Ive gone from 14.7% BF to an estimate of 12% - 12.5%.
    I was loosing weight really fast and now its seemed to have slowed down......by the way i have been doing cardio 30mins 5 nights a week. On top of a 1 hr session 6 days a week. Im going over seas next week so im really trying to rip up.......

My diet consists of:

8:00am - 300ml egg whites, 300ml milk. 1 cup oats. L-glutamine, vitamin B, t-bol tabs (testosterone boosters) and the animal pak m stak tablets.

9:30am - 1 bannana and 1 low fat yohurt (small one)

12:30pm - 10oz chicken/beef with vegetables

4:00pm - 9oz tuna in a salad.

5:00pm TRAINING

6:30pm - protein shake, l - glutamine and honey

7:00pm - 10oz chicken/fish/ beef with salad or vegetables

9:30pm -125g cottage cheese with l - glutamine

10:00 BED

Is there anyway i can boost my weight loss.....should i minus out a meal?? or would that promote catabolism.....

Any thoughts would be great.......

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adem- View Post

So i have been dieting for the last 4 weeks. Its only been 4 weeks. you prolly lost some water.

in the second week i started clen 2 weeks on, 1 week off, now im into my 4th week.

It has been going really well. Ive gone from 14.7% BF to an estimate of 12% - 12.5%. how do u know its 12%

I was loosing weight really fast and now its seemed to have slowed downOnce again a good sign it was water......by the way i have been doing cardio 30mins 5 nights a week. On top of a 1 hr session 6 days a week. Im going over seas next week so im really trying to rip up.......am cardio/post w/o cardio?

My diet consists of:

8:00am - 300ml egg whites, 300ml milk. 1 cup oats. L-glutamine, vitamin B, t-bol tabs (testosterone boosters) and the animal pak m stak tablets.

9:30am - 1 bannana and 1 low fat yohurt (small one)

4:00pm - 9oz tuna in a salad.

6:30pm - protein shake, l - glutamine and honey

7:00pm - 10oz chicken/fish/ beef with salad or vegetables

Is there anyway i can boost my weight loss.....should i minus out a meal?? or would that promote catabolism.....

redo this diet with efas, pro every meal, complex carbs 1-3 meals etc

cut the carbs from fruit honey and milk.

i dont think you put much time into this diet. it would help if you look up others diets and adjust according to your goals. thers a bunch here. watch the videos and repost imo.

fitday.com will help track macros.
    Last edited by LionsGate; 11-25-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Thanks for the reply, few questions.....
    efas???

isnt honey good after training to spike insuline levels??
    in regards to the bannana im happy to minus that. and put some more protein in there....
    also why would i need more carbs in my diet?? wouldnt i want as least as possible to reduce weight gain. ....

the cardio during the week is post work out. so i train, have a protein shake (no carbs except for honey) then do cardio. To reduce catabolism.
    Sat and Sunday i try to do AM cardio when i wake up as i have time.....

do u want me to post some photos then u can see bf%??

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Thanks for the reply, few questions.....
    efas???

isnt honey good after training to spike insuline levels??
    in regards to the bannana im happy to minus that. and put some more protein in there....
    also why would i need more carbs in my diet?? wouldnt i want as least as possible to reduce weight gain. ....

the cardio during the week is post work out. so i train, have a protein shake (no carbs except for honey) then do cardio. To reduce catabolism.
    Sat and Sunday i try to do AM cardio when i wake up as i have time.....

do u want me to post some photos then u can see bf%??

Yes, do yourself a favor and post photos.

EFA's are essential fatty acids. And they are essential to quality weight loss in bodybuilding diets. You should pick up a blend of capsules as well as having lots of small servings of good fats like avocados, almonds, and olive oil with your meals.

As a general rule, if you want to lose fat quickly, you should cut out sugar. In the case of many of us here, we don't have any at all. Definitely skip the PWO honey and banana as you've said. Up the protein as mentioned and have some fat.

There is nothing wrong with having carbs however, they are needed for glycogen storage/energy levels/quality gains. There is a huge difference between complex carbs (fuel) and simple carbs/sugars. Simply plan your carb meals early in the day as they will mentally and physically fuel your athletic lifestyle. Do not eat them in your final 3 meals as to prevent any from being stored.

Good sources of carbs:
    Breakfast - Real Oats, Real Grits, Ezekiel bread toast, Swedish grain bread toast, Spelt Bagels are a recent fav. of mine.
    Lunch - The above mentioned breads for sandwiches, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, Brown rice, barley.

There are many more sources of good carbs/fats, do some research. Bear in mind that some will do more for you than others.

So i have been dieting for the last 4 weeks.

It has been going really well. Ive gone from 14.7% BF to an estimate of 12% - 12.5%.
    I was loosing weight really fast and now its seemed to have slowed down......by the way i have been doing cardio 30mins 5 nights a week. On top of a 1 hr session 6 days a week. Im going over seas next week so im really trying to rip up.......

My diet consists of:

8:00am - 300ml egg whites, 300ml milk. 1 cup oats. L-glutamine, vitamin B, t-bol tabs (testosterone boosters) and the animal pak m stak tablets. Skip the milk, this is like 15g of sugar or more. Fill the void w/ 2 tbspn. natural peanut butter or your preferred fat.

9:30am - 1 bannana and 1 low fat yohurt (small one) At least 40g of sugar in this meal/snack. Wait until 10:00 AM to have your 2nd meal and make it a real meal. Tuna sandwich on Ezekiel bread or something

12:30pm - 10oz chicken/beef with vegetables Add a small handfull of almonds or something here, it's that easy.

Big 4 hour void here between meals; it won't kill you though. Still you should try to squeeze your first 4 meals a bit closer together by spacing the 1st 3 out by 2.5 hours or so. You'll be more satiated and nourished.

4:00pm - 9oz tuna in a salad. I'd go with a better pre-workout meal, something w/ a complex lean pro/carb/veg/fat

6:30pm - protein shake, l - glutamine and honey No honey, just to confirm.

7:00pm - 10oz chicken/fish/ beef with salad or vegetables Some of those EFA's will be vital here.

Bearing in mind my above post and these corrections, go ahead and post that pic and revise your diet. Post it with macros (how many pro/carb/fat/cal) when you can and we'll go from there. Lots of guys here who will hook you up. However, the above corrections WILL break that plateau for sure, even if a lot of the initial fat loss was water.

Thanks heaps for that, ill make the changes tonight and post a new diet to confirm and some photos to follow.

My diet REFORMED consists of:

8:00am - 300ml egg whites, 100ml milk. 1 cup oats. L-glutamine, vitamin B, t-bol tabs (testosterone boosters) and the animal pak m stak tablets. (i need the 100ml milk to make it edible) and 1 tbs natural penut butter

9:30am - 1 tuna sandwich or salmon with handful almonds

4:00pm - 9oz tuna in a salad. <-- dont know what to change this to

6:30pm - protein shake, l - glutamine no honey

7:00pm - 10oz chicken/fish/ beef with salad or vegetables & avocado

Also ive dropped in some photos........id say bf% is around 12.5%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails weight loss plateau-use-2.jpg   weight loss plateau-use-3.jpg  

you look great as is! what is your goal? i assumed cutting.

u never followed a diet prior? pics are good man.

POPS is offline Senior Member

8:00am - 300ml egg whites, 100ml milk. 1 cup oats. L-glutamine, vitamin B, t-bol tabs (testosterone boosters) and the animal pak m stak tablets. (i need the 100ml milk to make it edible) and 1 tbs natural penut butter[I]TRY ADDING WATER TO YOUR OATS AND 1T OF SPLENDA[/I]

9:30am - 1 tuna sandwich or salmon with handful almonds

12:30pm - 10oz chicken/beef with vegetables MAKE SURE THAT THESE VEGGIES ARE EITHER GREEN BEANS OR BROCCOLI
    4:00pm - 9oz tuna in a salad. <-- dont know what to change this to[I]ADD A HANDFULL OF ALMONDS HERE[/I]

6:30pm - protein shake, l - glutamine no honey

7:00pm - 10oz chicken/fish/ beef with salad or vegetables & avocado

9:30pm -125g cottage cheese with l - glutamine DUMP THE COTTAGE CHEESE BECAUSE OF THE SUGAR AND THROW IN SOME EGG WHITES AND SOME FISH OIL10:00 BED

Just my 2 cents here man.....

8:00am - 300ml egg whites add some yolks in for you efas. from what ive read it helps absorb the protien from the whites also, 100ml milk. no milk-to much sugar 1 cup oats. save carbs till your second meal-if your doing a.m. empty stomach cardio L-glutamine, vitamin B, t-bol tabs (testosterone boosters) and the animal pak m stak tablets. (i need the 100ml milk to make it edible) use water and stevia and 1 tbs natural penut butter not sure about this, if u add yolks u should skip pb and maybe a cap of fish oil or two. u can save the pb till last meal with cottage cheese

9:30am -1 tuna sandwich [B]how is this prepared? what kind of bread and mix with the tuna? or salmon with handful almonds better choice with salmon and nuts a cup or two of veg will help too. lota veg helps to feel fuller longer. very little carbs and cals.

12:30pm - 10oz chicken/beef with vegetables add efas imo. im pretty sure it helps with shuttling the proteins

4:00pm - 9oz tuna in a salad. <-- dont know what to change this to pre-workout(1-1.5 hrs before) should include some complex carbs. basically a sweet tater with some lean protein is a common staple.

6:30pm - protein shake, l - glutamine

7:00pm - 10oz chicken/fish/ beef with salad or vegetables & avocado <--good

9:30pm -125g cottage cheese with l - glutamine add some efas fish oil pb etc

im by no means an expert. this is just regurgitated info that most members will tell u. once u get a better structure of the diet the gurus will help fine tune it for you.

also fig out your bmr and tdee to help them adjust your diet. or as a quick reference multiply your weight (in lbs) by 10-12 for you daily calorie intake for dropping weight.

All good suggestions, just implement them and stick to it 100% for 2 weeks. Make sure to take not of how clothes fit/abdominal definition/vascularity as water weight and muscle gains can contribute to seemingly minuscule weight loss. After a 2 week trial period, feel free to tweak it based on the foods you most enjoyed and what seemed to work best in general. You should see 1.5 pounds of quality weight loss per week; sans muscle loss. BTW, you look good bro, you'll be ripped in no time.

Thanks heaps for the comments and feedback guys, really good help.
    I think ive finally got my diet down pat. Just need to stick to it now!! Ill post some more photos in about a month to see progress.

Thread Information