Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ADB007 is offline Associate Member

To drink, or not to drink?

This weekend im going on a 4 day cruise. Hosted by miller beer. Minimum age 18, maximum age 35 (so all young people). free Miller beer the whole trip. 9 clubs/bars on the boat.

I have been cutting strictly for my december holiday to capetown over new years. I have been dieting hard and doing plenty cardio. My goal is to get to 7% bf by then. I'm currently sitting on 9/10%

If you were me, would you go mad on this cruise like everyone else? or would you be the only person on the boat to not drink? I don't want to waste my money and dissapoint my 3 friends I am going with, but I also don't want to damage my goals for new years.

What should I do? Please help!

Klimax is offline Member
    Imo you can have fun without drinking. But if it isn't your case and you have to drink, you should accept that you'll waste some of your hard work. It's up to you to decide.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    why not have a drink a couple of nights and stay sober a couple....maybe you will have a better night sober or vice versa...but id definately enjoy myself to the full however you do it..........it sounds like it will be wild!!

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    To me it sounds as if you have already made up your mind,and you have started this post to get someone to tell you it will be ok and go for it have a good time. You need to determine whats more imortant.

Just remember alchohol supresses testosterone and increases ESTROGEN AND CORTISOL!!..TOP
    Last edited by **TOP**; 11-30-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Assuming they serve liquor also; just do shots or mix w/ diet. Alcohol is definitely the anti-cut regardless, but without the beer (all those extra carbs late at night)- you won't completely f*ck up your goals. I'm also sure you'll have access to some sort of cardio on board. So worst case scenario, accept what's going into your body and burn it off.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    take vodka shots and drink vodka waters, less simple sugars (very few in relation) and dehydration will be less. Seriously though, Live your life. You are not gonna have that body when you are 40 so use it now. unless you are trying to be a bb then just look good and be happy and have good times. You will have the memories forever (depending on how much you drink lol) but not the body.

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    let your hair down man, its 4 days out of how many days your going to be in this game

Thanks for the replies. Ye I guess I will try and stay away from the beer.. do more shots rather. I will also try have only 2 big nights out of the 4

nothingtoitbuttodoit is offline Junior Member
    unless you're competing i dont see why you shouldnt drink (you know the health risks)
    enjoy your life while your young

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    no drinking.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Determination, Sacrifice, Will, Suffering, Tears...

NO DRINKING!

crazypat123 is offline Associate Member
    your an idiot for asking this .. its not every day you get to go on a cruise with free beer and hot chicks. live it up work hard when you get back. have a good time !

Cedric is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypat123 View Post
    your an idiot for asking this .. its not every day you get to go on a cruise with free beer and hot chicks. live it up work hard when you get back. have a good time !
    I agree, gotta have a little wiggle room or you might go crazy lol Just don't make a habit of cheating an then making up for it by doing an extra hard workout the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    no drinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjj View Post
    determination, sacrifice, will, suffering, tears...

No drinking!
    words of champions!!

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    Drink Beer

Quote Originally Posted by BEER WHORE View Post
    Drink Beer
    You should have just said"AVATAR" LOL!!

gcguiness is offline Junior Member
    If your gonna drink beer, drink a "GUINESS"! You get two things, your thirst is taken care of, and secondly you get to feel like you just ate a loaf of bread!! There you have it, a drink and supper at the same time....

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gcguiness View Post
    If your gonna drink beer, drink a "GUINESS"! You get two things, your thirst is taken care of, and secondly you get to feel like you just ate a loaf of bread!! There you have it, a drink and supper at the same time....
    I agree

beer for breakfast for sustained energy and likker in the evening. IN THE BUTT, NO RUBBER!

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    you fvcking little girl. i want you to get plastered. dooo it for the boys.

well Im leaving for the cruise in the morning..
    will post pics when I get back. It's going to be epic!

DezDiggler is offline New Member
    Ever since I started thinking of beer as sandwiches I cant drink them anymore. Even my favorites. If i drink i do bourbon and diet coke. I can nurse one of those for a while and dont think its all that bad.

elcrisp76 is offline Junior Member
    Take off your shirt as often as you can, and watch all the girls drool, and the pot-bellied guys get jealous..

Who needs dutch courage?

PO OFFICER is offline Junior Member
    Drink. alot. Have fun. Then get back to your cutting diet.

Best luck

PO

Turkey is offline Junior Member
    being the less drunk guy among the sh*tfaced masses is actually a huge plus IMO, esp. if you're one of the few in shape; the ladies will love you

you're young, so enjoy your life first; that being said, practice some self-control, otherwise you will mentally 'check out' from your fitness goals, and this could derail you for up to a week after your 4-day binge; suddenly that's a 10-day cheat

few things about alcohol:

-never drink with your meals; if you do, assume you will be poorly digesting your food and assimilating a fraction of the nutrients

-it really doesn't matter what you drink; after about 4-5 drinks, your body really starts to suppress test (and mess with your blood sugar)

-remember: a night of drinking ends up being a fast; in other words, after dinner and all the way up until you stop drinking, several hours pass of no real food; make sure you break that fast before calling it a night, and make sure you avoid the stereotypical temptations of greasy food; eat pro, replace lost liver glycogen and try to take in some vitamin A and C (cantaloupe does this well); otherwise just make sure it's a simple meal
    Last edited by Turkey; 12-26-2009 at 02:37 AM.

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    have fun

least on one interesting note

alcohol cant be stored as fat

im not encouraging drink alcohol

but it is the reason why a pure alcoholic is always skinny and thin

Turkey is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post

but it is the reason why a pure alcoholic is always skinny and thin
    this is more due to malnourishment over time

the combo of test suppression, cortisol elevation, not eating for several hours, yet taking in empty cals at the rate of about 100-150 cals an hour is a recipe for muscle suicide

alcoholics are skinny b/c they have no muscle (and a poor diet which does not help to spare what little muscle they still may have), and are actually holding onto mostly fat b/c they are constantly in starvation mode

there's a reason why pro BBers and many athletes choose pot over alcohol

gazbrum2009 is offline New Member
    you only live once deffo have the beer and girls haha

.EA. is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    words of champions!!
    Very miserable champions at that.

I've yet to understand something. Why do work on your body? My guess is to look good for the ladies. So then why don't you reap the rewards for all your hard work and let loose once in a while. That's the point. That's why you go through blood, sweat and tears. If you never reap your rewards...well it's kind of like playing the lottery just so you can say you won it, but you never actually collected your prize. Unless of course you've been stuck in the closet all your life.

Everything has it's place. Alcohol is only deteriorating with 'prolonged' use and abuse. Once in a while it's completely fine. Hell, it may even give you more motivation after the 4 days to go out and get better.

I can't stand Borderline-type minded people. It's either black or white. It works, gets shit done, but there are always transition phases. Ignoring the grey completely is probably not a wise choice.

So yeah. Drinking once in a while on a couple of nights will not cause you to all of a sudden "drop back and lose your hard work". Just like how one shot of Test E will not kill you. Drinking only a few times a year will not have ANY effect on the physique. Some of the BBers, and certain people get so obsessed with "health" (if you can call it that) that they preach about the negative sides of everything that's not "productive" to their goals.

Life's a journey and an adventure. Go out, have fun, enjoy yourself. Wheel broads and collect the rewards.

Sh1t that last one ryhmes. Sweet.

I just got back from 4 days in vegas...

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I just got back from 4 days in vegas...
    and you were abstinit from alcohol, good for you!

i caNt spell abstinit hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by MONEY AND MASS View Post
    and you were abstinit from alcohol, good for you!

i caNt spell abstinit hahaha
    **** no! Haha it was my girls 21st. but I probably had less the whole trip than most people have in one night.

if im ever around alcohol i just drink beers and never rarely have more than 4 or 5

I drink vodka water, less simple sugars and water has nothing. I stop at 1 on an out night and in vegas I had very few. I am not even dieting right now though, so it's kinda whatever.

its just so temping to go out get hammerd and do somthin stupid... self control, self control...

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Don't drink - its seriosuly overate.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    I agree with most guys here champ, u only live once. Most pro BB regret when they were younger they did not party much or drink any alcohol.

But thats why they have a hectic physic.

If you are going to get smashed, be sure to drink plenty of water next day and try and sweating it out with a good cardio session.

Hate Being Small is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    words of champions!!
    Ye we can all tell ur married freak

hot stuff is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .EA. View Post
    Very miserable champions at that.

I've yet to understand something. Why do work on your body? My guess is to look good for the ladies. So then why don't you reap the rewards for all your hard work and let loose once in a while. That's the point. That's why you go through blood, sweat and tears. If you never reap your rewards...well it's kind of like playing the lottery just so you can say you won it, but you never actually collected your prize. Unless of course you've been stuck in the closet all your life.

Everything has it's place. Alcohol is only deteriorating with 'prolonged' use and abuse. Once in a while it's completely fine. Hell, it may even give you more motivation after the 4 days to go out and get better.

I can't stand Borderline-type minded people. It's either black or white. It works, gets shit done, but there are always transition phases. Ignoring the grey completely is probably not a wise choice.

So yeah. Drinking once in a while on a couple of nights will not cause you to all of a sudden "drop back and lose your hard work". Just like how one shot of Test E will not kill you. Drinking only a few times a year will not have ANY effect on the physique. Some of the BBers, and certain people get so obsessed with "health" (if you can call it that) that they preach about the negative sides of everything that's not "productive" to their goals.
    Life's a journey and an adventure. Go out, have fun, enjoy yourself. Wheel broads and collect the rewards.

Sh1t that last one ryhmes. Sweet.
    Nice to see someone with both feet on the ground!

Let's see a show of hands.
    How many of us are making a living from bodybuilding?.. I thought so.
    I'm all for health and doing the best we can to better ourselves, but MY GOD people, we live in the real world. It's not healthy to be a fanatic, either!! Take your shirt off. Hell, take your pants off if you can get away with it. Raise hell, live life. Then get your ass back to work like the rest of us!!(you lucky S.O.B.)

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    just drink once in a while and enjoy your life. Seriously some people are far too anal. To each their own though, i rarely drink on cycle however i do once in a while, its new years tonight and i will be having a few!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information