Nutz56 is offline Banned

dropping body fat

i'm 19, 5'9-5'10 194 lbs, about 15% bf. i would like to drop down to 11-12% bf. how much weight would that be? (i have no idea how to calculate how much weight i would be losing). i'm not lookin to get to a weight goal. example: i don't want to just drop down to 185 lbs, kuz that doesn't mean anything. i could be 185 & fat... i wanna drop pure bf & was wondering what weight i would be at about 12 or 11%? just wanting to know if that's a goal i should shoot for or not, kuz i don't wanna get too small or anything

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    well 194*.15=29.1 pounds of fat on you and 164.9 pounds of lean mass. If you dropped 9.1 pounds of fat, you'd weigh 185 or so and be 11%.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    thanks a lot bro... i guess that was one hell of a lot simpler than i figured. i mean, i knew how to get the original body weight x % of body fat (194x.15)... just didn't know how to figure the other one out. thanks alot bro

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz56
    thanks a lot bro... i guess that was one hell of a lot simpler than i figured. i mean, i knew how to get the original body weight x % of body fat (194x.15)... just didn't know how to figure the other one out. thanks alot bro
    Since you know your bf% now, why not use that as a gauge? Where were you tested? Your gym, perhaps? Callibers method?

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Since you know your bf% now, why not use that as a gauge? Where were you tested? Your gym, perhaps? Callibers method?
    back at my hs. (i'm in college now, but the pe teacher's cool) but, i don't know what it's called. the electronic thing where they pinch like, 4-5 different sites on ur body & the machine comes up with numbers then calculates the formula then ur body fat flashes... whatever that's called? and what do u mean "use that as a guage"? a guage for what?

back at my hs. (i'm in college now, but the pe teacher's cool) but, i don't know what it's called. the electronic thing where they pinch like, 4-5 different sites on ur body & the machine comes up with numbers then calculates the formula then ur body fat flashes... whatever that's called? and what do u mean "use that as a guage"? a guage for what?
    A gauge of the progress you make on yer overall plan. You want to cut overall bf, so a scale will not do it. Sounds like they used callibers in HS, but without being tested again there is really no way to know whether you are 15% or 20% or 10% (well if you were 10% you WOULD know).

Test every few weeks and this is a better mark of your progress. The callibers are not that accurate, but they serve as a good benchmark if you have the same person test each time.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    A gauge of the progress you make on yer overall plan. You want to cut overall bf, so a scale will not do it. Sounds like they used callibers in HS, but without being tested again there is really no way to know whether you are 15% or 20% or 10% (well if you were 10% you WOULD know).

Test every few weeks and this is a better mark of your progress. The callibers are not that accurate, but they serve as a good benchmark if you have the same person test each time.
    naw, in hs i was around 13%... i was just judging by the way i look now it would be around 15. and i know that a scale won't do anything, i was just wondering what 11% would put me at kuz i don't want to shoot for a goal that would make me look very small. as of 2 weeks ago i haven't been able to lift legs for about a year & a half now due to an injury to my knee, so 194 lbs with no legs is a pretty big upper body. i didn't know if dropping to around 11% would make my upper body a lot smaller or not, so i wanted a weight to think about how little i would look. but yeah, i'll check if i can get my bf tested at my gym next time i go in and check it every 2 weeks or so

naw, in hs i was around 13%... i was just judging by the way i look now it would be around 15. and i know that a scale won't do anything, i was just wondering what 11% would put me at kuz i don't want to shoot for a goal that would make me look very small. as of 2 weeks ago i haven't been able to lift legs for about a year & a half now due to an injury to my knee, so 194 lbs with no legs is a pretty big upper body. i didn't know if dropping to around 11% would make my upper body a lot smaller or not, so i wanted a weight to think about how little i would look. but yeah, i'll check if i can get my bf tested at my gym next time i go in and check it every 2 weeks or so
    So what is your cutting plan?

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    cut back on basically all carbs, eat only carbs in morning and right after workout. eat a lot of protein & run 5x wk on an empty stomach. i'll still lift as usual. i don't have all the meals and everything laid out or anything, i will just do the best that i can with what i've got as far as those go. beginning of this school year with no cardio i was lifting on an empty stomach with the same diet i'm gonna use & i lost a lot of bf, but the last couple months i just tried gettin as big as possible (gained fat too)

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    dam man focus on cutting sticky ><

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    yeah, i know TB, i read that thing like 4 times already... but i'm livin in a dorm right now & can't eat like the sticky says. if i were in my own house (like i will be next year) then i'd be eating like that to a T... but i can't. so i just limit carbs & take all the protein i can get. i'm following the sticky in what it says about carb intake, protein intake, when to take what, but i can't eat all the recommended foods or at all the right times.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    oh, an TB, what exactly is this... >< ???

oh, an TB, what exactly is this... >< ???
    like look at cartman
    when he gets mad he squints his eyes like that {><} AYEE!!!

carry almonds in one pocket and beef jerky in the other and your gold

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    carry almonds in one pocket and beef jerky in the other and your gold
    for the fat and protein? i could definitely do that... but when would i eat 'em? just all through the day? and at what ratio? same amount of almonds as jerky or more jerky or what? i mean, u gotta give me more here brother

between classes take in 15-20g pro and about 5-7 almonds?
    grazing is good

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    sweet man. i'll get right on that!!!

really though grab a calculater and figuer out how u can get about 300g pro a day w/ about 100g fat all from good fats and about 50 or so good complex carbs throughout the day? mebee a lil less on fats idunno hard to say u have to figure out ur own metabolic rate and daily caloric expenditure.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    really though grab a calculater and figuer out how u can get about 300g pro a day w/ about 100g fat all from good fats and about 50 or so good complex carbs throughout the day? mebee a lil less on fats idunno hard to say u have to figure out ur own metabolic rate and daily caloric expenditure.
    alright man. thanks for the help. i never thought of the jerky/almonds. that's one thing i need is somethin like that that i could just have throughout the day

niXon)( is offline Member
    like look at cartman
    when he gets mad he squints his eyes like that {><} AYEE!!!
    LOL, are you ****ting me? no one would have ever figured that out. I thought you did that to seperate sentences for some reason

niXon)( is offline Member
    yeah, i know TB, i read that thing like 4 times already... but i'm livin in a dorm right now & can't eat like the sticky says. if i were in my own house (like i will be next year) then i'd be eating like that to a T... but i can't. so i just limit carbs & take all the protein i can get. i'm following the sticky in what it says about carb intake, protein intake, when to take what, but i can't eat all the recommended foods or at all the right times.

can you not have tuna/chicken breast in your dorm? wtf? no food?

buy those PACKETS like sweet Sue TUrkey packets they have like 3-5 servings in each thats like 50g pro in a packet! eat it taste like dog food

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by niXon)(
    can you not have tuna/chicken breast in your dorm? wtf? no food?
    yeah, we got a fridge... just nothin to cook with. i got a microwave (can't really cook chicken in a microwave tho) i eat chicken every time i go to the cafeteria, but i can't go like 5 times a day to eat. i HATE all seafood (makes me sick just smelling it) so the tuna's outta the pic. i wish that i could just down tuna kuz i'd eat it all the time. i love chicken, so i might just try those packets, although i've never seen 'em. where they at TB?

yeah, we got a fridge... just nothin to cook with. i got a microwave (can't really cook chicken in a microwave tho) i eat chicken every time i go to the cafeteria, but i can't go like 5 times a day to eat. i HATE all seafood (makes me sick just smelling it) so the tuna's outta the pic. i wish that i could just down tuna kuz i'd eat it all the time. i love chicken, so i might just try those packets, although i've never seen 'em. where they at TB?
    in this really "hard to find place" called.. i believe wal.. wall.. wawlmahrt? WalMart?

Thread Information