ImACrazyJewDaddy is offline Associate Member

Angry Having problems with weight gain.Need proffesional help

Ok, this is my 2nd time posting a diet issue and Ive been stuck on eating this way for a year now! Keep in mind, I am a Night shift worker. I get up at around 12-or 1pm. leave the house at 4pm, and work till 3:30am. My job is EXTREMELY TASKING ON MY BODY, and I also can't eat seafood... Anyways,This is what I've been doin. (Training days)
    Wake up and have a whey shake 45mins before hitting the gym(with 2% fat milk) .
    Post workout:eat a cup worth of steamed broccolli/form of fruit...apple/banana/or raspberries along with 3 lean chops and a another whey shake (water) Or a bagel with cream cheese and 3 eggs.
    Time frame is inbetween 1-3:45 pm.

At work. 1st break at 7pm. 2 peices of chicken tenderloins seasoned with cajun spices. either an apple/orange/pear. Glass of milk

lunch at 10pm. 3 chicken tenderloins, 2 slices wholewheat/double fiber bread with 8oz deli sliced turkey and a Tblsp of miracle whip. Another cup steamed brocolli.

Break at 1am. Same as 1st break w/turkey sandwhich added.

home around 3-4am. Casien whey shake with milk and some more turkey.

Im 170 lbs, and my bf is around 11% and still can't seem to get that shredded ab/chest look. Has alwways been my problem...but My back and arms are rippped! I don't drink soda. I have atleast a gallons worth of water aday,and Ive cut out alcohol as well. I feel/know that My diet is lacking. I need some help in getting me into the right diresction. I feel my protien is plenty high, and a good majority of it from actual food. fat is mostly from the dairy, carbs seem to be my problem. I have to bust my butt at work doing hard physical labor for 10 hours using every muscle in my body. Im having an extremely hard time with getting the appropriate mix of simple and complex carbs I think.. Please help.

I want to stay the same weight, and drop my Bf a good 4% before summer. Or, do a Test E cycle and stay about the same bf, but gain a good 15lbs.

But i really want to get my diet in check. This diet I have followed for almost 12 months now and Has gotten me pretty lean and hard, but like I mentioned before....still can't get the ripped abs/chest I have been wanting.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hi,
    I also work night, 3rd shift 6 pm - 6 am so I know the feeling except I have 3 days off one week and 4 the next so my sleep is ALWAYS screwed up and that is a curse.

I am about the same measurements as you except I weigh 185+
    The key is eating real food. Forget the shakes except 1x a day, 2 max. I also loose weight easily if I miss one or two meals. On my work days I can eat 6-10x a day, basically all day long I am putting food in my mouth.

You really need to eat at least 6x a day, real food not counting shakes.

Im not a diet guro by any means so you will have to do more reading here but I did not see any eggs in your diet? I lack in that also but I TRY to do at least 6+ a day, many people eat 15+ a day.....I fail several days a week when it comes to eggs but need to be better.

Yes it's hard to eat all the time but you have to find tricks to do it. I take food in the car and most anywhere. Eating something not 100% healthy like chicken wings or even a chicken burger is better than skipping a meal but dont make a habit of it.

If I only ate 4x a day and not as much as I do I would easily be back down to 170 in now time.

Dont eat so much at one sitting either like the 3 chicken breast. Spread it out through the day.

I am trying to get the ripped abs also before summer, actually in 3 weeks. LOL I have abs but not like by AVY, not yet. I have a little bit of natural fatty tissue on my chest/stomach area even as a kid but not enough to consider gyno. Diet and cardio is really the key.

ImACrazyJewDaddy is offline Associate Member
    I eat 3 eggs aday with a prework out sup.45min to an hour before the gym. This is immedietly when I wake up. I have to eat light, because If i eat too much I get a nausea feeling when I hit the weights, and the fact I have no appetite when I wake up a soesnt help either. I can't eat all day, those break times are the only times while im at work. So , if you count my preworkout and post, that is about 6x's a day.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by ImACrazyJewDaddy View Post
    Ok, this is my 2nd time posting a diet issue and Ive been stuck on eating this way for a year now! Keep in mind, I am a Night shift worker. I get up at around 12-or 1pm. leave the house at 4pm, and work till 3:30am. My job is EXTREMELY TASKING ON MY BODY, and I also can't eat seafood... Anyways,This is what I've been doin. (Training days)
    Wake up and have a whey shake 45mins before hitting the gym(with 2% fat milk) .
    Post workout:eat a cup worth of steamed broccolli/form of fruit...apple/banana/or raspberries along with 3 lean chops and a another whey shake (water) Or a bagel with cream cheese and 3 eggs.
    Time frame is inbetween 1-3:45 pm.

At work. 1st break at 7pm. 2 peices of chicken tenderloins seasoned with cajun spices. either an apple/orange/pear. Glass of milk

lunch at 10pm. 3 chicken tenderloins, 2 slices wholewheat/double fiber bread with 8oz deli sliced turkey and a Tblsp of miracle whip. Another cup steamed brocolli.

Break at 1am. Same as 1st break w/turkey sandwhich added.

home around 3-4am. Casien whey shake with milk and some more turkey.

Im 170 lbs, and my bf is around 11% and still can't seem to get that shredded ab/chest look. Has alwways been my problem...but My back and arms are rippped! I don't drink soda. I have atleast a gallons worth of water aday,and Ive cut out alcohol as well. I feel/know that My diet is lacking. I need some help in getting me into the right diresction. I feel my protien is plenty high, and a good majority of it from actual food. fat is mostly from the dairy, carbs seem to be my problem. I have to bust my butt at work doing hard physical labor for 10 hours using every muscle in my body. Im having an extremely hard time with getting the appropriate mix of simple and complex carbs I think.. Please help.

I want to stay the same weight, and drop my Bf a good 4% before summer. Or, do a Test E cycle and stay about the same bf, but gain a good 15lbs.

But i really want to get my diet in check. This diet I have followed for almost 12 months now and Has gotten me pretty lean and hard, but like I mentioned before....still can't get the ripped abs/chest I have been wanting.
    post your diet with your stats like this
    meal 1
    jidaofhdispfhp

meal 2 (2 hours later)
    jifdsahfipads

Meal 3 (1.5 hours later and it is preworkout)
    fhdisfhi

etc

Thread Information