barnyap is offline Associate Member

experts analyse my diet

Just a bit of basic info, currently 23 yrs old, 88kgs, about 10% bf 178cms tall, been training well over 5 years, i got my training down packed, now i thought id start twitching my diet a lil bit, ive read a few articles and wanna get leaner for summer since im in aus, heres how it looks.

Meal 1 = Protein shake + Banana (Pre cardio)
    Meal 2 = Protein shake + 6 egg whites + 425g tuna + 100g beef mince (Post workout)
    Meal 3 = Protein shake + Peanut Butter + 200g mince + banana
    Meal 4 = 3 egg whites + 425g tuna + 100g mince
    Meal 5 = Protein shake + 3 egg whites + banana + 100g mince (Post weight training)
    Meal 6 = protein shake + 3 egg whites ( Before bed)

Plus dinner which is whatever mum cooks, always healthy. all up its around 4000calories consisting of over 450g of protein, plus the dinner which is unknown. I do my fair share of cardio and training and i do get to nap during the day cos im currently on uni holidays. any input greatly appreciated

nonotone is offline Associate Member
    ----
    Last edited by nonotone; 05-20-2014 at 06:07 AM.

lol im no dorian...

a lil bit more info, i do cardio in mornings and weights in arvo, and i usually have a hour nap during the day, so if i dont eat anything over 3500, i wont grow

----
    Last edited by nonotone; 05-20-2014 at 06:06 AM.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by konateh View Post
    I'm no expert - Judging from your first post I assumed you were cutting...

If you are trying to gain weight I would cut out some of the cardio, down to 20 min sessions 2-3 times per week and just eat 3500 kcal per day.
    No. Cardio doesn't make you thin or burn muscle. It's a healthy habit, that when combined with the right diet, is a great fat loss tool. Bulking isn't about getting fat. 60 mins of low intensity would be best though.

----
    Last edited by nonotone; 05-20-2014 at 06:03 AM.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    all these posts and no one thinks that this is a bad diet? Where is the real food? All I see are protein shakes????

I dont mean to be a downer but these are my 2 cents.....

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    all these posts and no one thinks that this is a bad diet? Where is the real food? All I see are protein shakes????

was just looking at the diet and was thinking this guy is gonna get flamed for those shakes--never seen so many shakes in a diet---anyway-yea cut the shakes exept pwo and add real food everywhere else then re-post ur diet thats what the experts are gonna tell u----so instead of waitin on em go ahead and do it

but it won't do much for you in terms of fat burning
    dont listen to this--it is absolutely not true--done at the right intensity all cardio is is a fat burner
    Last edited by mg1228; 12-13-2009 at 11:04 AM.

real food? dude, theres 12 egg whites, 1kg of tuna, 500g of beef mince and a full meal in my diet, cos i do cardio i throw the shakes in there for extra protein, i dont wanna throw away my cardio, it keeps my heart healthy and vascularity up.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    maybe I would have a better idea on your diet if you listed your macros, bmr and tdee.

4000 cals/day and all those shakes just doesnt sound right. But if it works for you, who am I to judge......jmo.....

imo, u need pro from real food sources--not shakes--its the advice of experts(im not one)and i think it was advice u asked for---well there it is-- if u need extra pro then eat more meat,chicken,fish--

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barnyap View Post
    Just a bit of basic info, currently 23 yrs old, 88kgs, about 10% bf 178cms tall, been training well over 5 years, i got my training down packed, now i thought id start twitching my diet a lil bit, ive read a few articles and wanna get leaner for summer since im in aus, heres how it looks.

Meal 2 = Protein shake + 6 egg whites + 425g tuna + 100g beef mince (Post workout)
    Meal 5 = Protein shake + 3 egg whites + banana + 100g mince (Post weight training)

Plus dinner which is whatever mum cooks, always healthy. all up its around 4000calories consisting of over 450g of protein, plus the dinner which is unknown. I do my fair share of cardio and training and i do get to nap during the day cos im currently on uni holidays. any input greatly appreciated
    sorry man that diet is shocking.
    its just horrible.

advice to give would be more real food, I would get rid of most of shakes if not all.

You need your efas and your good source of carbs.

Protein should be easy chicken breast, egg whites,tuna,fish,lean red meat,turkey etc.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by popsinc View Post

Thank you
    real food? dude, theres 12 egg whites, 1kg of tuna, 500g of beef mince and a full meal in my diet, cos i do cardio i throw the shakes in there for extra protein, i dont wanna throw away my cardio, it keeps my heart healthy and vascularity up.
    Don't drop the cardio. When cutting at a low bf I recommend maintenance calories and to up the cardio for the 500+

****are you bulking or cutting?

****bulk - ok, cut - drop the banana

***workout or cardio? don't sorkout on an empty stomach, cardio only and low intensity for you if you have a low bf%, shake is not needed.

****drop the banana, add veggies

****ok

****drop the shake bro, save your $

****lean red meat is best here, eggs are gone quick

see ****
    no need for all the shakes.

whats wrong with shakes? im eating 12 egg whites,500g mince and 1kg tuna on top,

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    save your money. why add shakes? they do nothing. I guess it doesn't hurt but I like to think that the body will choose the easy route and take the shakes and neglect the food if you do this. I have no back to that argument whatsoever and it is probably bs anyway, that's why I say save your money.

Thread Information