Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    this is what i originally posted for nark to look at------basically took out all milk and used water with oats with splenda and cinnamon--------took out simple carbs PWO and ate 3/4 oats again, no gatorade or oatmeal cookie---------where it says sirloin or filet in meal 6 i stuck to sirloin or 96% lean gr beef----------and in meal 7 i would substitute with 3 eggs and natty pb 3 nights a week or so----------didnt eat any bread for the 1st month or so nor did i cheat----but i did introduce ezeikiel bread as i went along------got tired of the brown rice pretty quick and started using sweet potatoes with splenda and cinnamon, i ate these alot more than the rice--------hope this helps, like i said it was right at 2100 cals on cardio dayss and 2700 on WO days----after 2mo i did lower cals on both days by 2-250 because fat loss had slowed and this seemed to work-----------------also did a high carb day every 7th day but not till i was into it about 3 weeks or so----gbrice, if u havent watched the milos videos on the bodybuilder diet u need to---it really helped me------if u dont know what im talking about could someone post them please-----or u could seach the diet forum for them---they get posted all the time in here for new guys asking about diet
    Thanks again man, you're helping me out a great deal. I wonder if it's 'proper' to ask him directly for help? I've posted my diet (in new threads) several times but have never heard from him - maybe he's no longer active on these boards?

PS - I actually did see all of the Milos videos - that's where I became so conerned with the 2-3g of protein per lb. of body weight - Milos seemed adamant about that!

I really want to start a diet like this because what i've seen from your pics - that's really inspirational. I'd still probably reduce carbs just a bit, my split would look something like this:

250g protein = 1000 calories
    190g carbs = 760 calories
    50g fats = 440 calories

Total of 2210 daily calories, very close to a 40/40/20 split. Now, I just need to learn exactly when to eat what, because obvioulsy what i'm doing now is NOT right - I haven't seen an ounce of difference in 3 weeks running!

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Thanks again man, you're helping me out a great deal. I wonder if it's 'proper' to ask him directly for help? I've posted my diet (in new threads) several times but have never heard from him - maybe he's no longer active on these boards? yes its ok--but hes really busy--again hes doin all that for free--it took a while for him to get to my post as well
    PS - I actually did see all of the Milos videos - that's where I became so conerned with the 2-3g of protein per lb. of body weight - Milos seemed adamant about that!pretty sure he was adamant about 1gr per lb--and if its diffucult for u to gain weight then 1.5-2gr per lb
    I really want to start a diet like this because what i've seen from your pics - that's really inspirational. I'd still probably reduce carbs just a bit, my split would look something like this:

250g protein = 1000 calories
    190g carbs = 760 calories
    50g fats = 440 calories

Total of 2210 daily calories, very close to a 40/40/20 split. Now, I just need to learn exactly when to eat what, because obvioulsy what i'm doing now is NOT right - I haven't seen an ounce of difference in 3 weeks running!
    that split looks ok---just divide 2200 cals into 5-6 or 7 meals and then eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours---just try to stay away from eating to many carbs at night---do the pro/carb meals, for example breakfast, pre Wo, post Wo and 1 other meal and the pro/fat meals later in the evening and before bed

that split looks ok---just divide 2200 cals into 5-6 or 7 meals and then eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours---just try to stay away from eating to many carbs at night---do the pro/carb meals, for example breakfast, pre Wo, post Wo and 1 other meal and the pro/fat meals later in the evening and before bed
    Similar to what i'm doing now, just different macros. As it is now, I don't take any carbs (with the exception of fiberous veggies) after my 3rd meal at 10:30am.

It's strange though, even with what i'm doing now, I would have thought to see SOME difference - it's SUCH a drastic difference from what I was doing. I wasn't even getting 150g protein/day, and getting WAY too many carbs, including right before bed. Changing it up like I did, however flawed, should have yielded SOME results. Hrm... maybe i'm just a freak of nature incapable of losing body fat beyond what i've done so far!

But... i'm always ready to re-modify and am looking forward to trying what worked SO WELL for you. I will be starting this in the first full week of January - no point in starting now, because the holidays will undoubtedly screw me all up.

Similar to what i'm doing now, just different macros. As it is now, I don't take any carbs (with the exception of fiberous veggies) after my 3rd meal at 10:30am.

It's strange though, even with what i'm doing now, I would have thought to see SOME difference - it's SUCH a drastic difference from what I was doing. I wasn't even getting 150g protein/day, and getting WAY too many carbs, including right before bed. Changing it up like I did, however flawed, should have yielded SOME results. Hrm... maybe i'm just a freak of nature incapable of losing body fat beyond what i've done so far!

But... i'm always ready to re-modify and am looking forward to trying what worked SO WELL for you. I will be starting this in the first full week of January - no point in starting now, because the holidays will undoubtedly screw me all up.
    how long u been on current diet

how long u been on current diet
    Ok, not to bore you to death, but there is a little history here that I have to share so you know where i'm coming from:

I started hitting the gym in December last year. I was 255lbs, grossly out of shape. I had no idea about dieting (as if I do now!) and did the wrong thing - I was on VERY low daily calories - i'm estimating somewhere around 1300. I also was only eating 4 times a day - I literally had a meal at 8:30am and then not again until 1:30pm. Due to calorie restriction alone, I managed to drop 60lbs - but i'm willing to bet alot of it was lean mass. In fact to have lost 60lbs and STILL have this much fat on my body today - I have no doubt.

Anyway, the 'weight' loss stopped after about 5-6 months, and I started changing things up. Calories were upped to about 2000, and meals were more frequent, including a PWO meal (yes, I wasn't doing this before). Still no changes.

I would say over the past 2 months I have been eating similar to how I am now, but it has been tweaked and modified every couple of weeks, mostly based on feedback from this forum.

This CURRENT diet - i've only been doing for 3+ weeks. I should note that I messed up earlier - I have NOT been taking 400g protein per day; i was only contemplating doing that. I have been taking 300g per day for the past 3 weeks, and trying to make up the remaining 1000 calories (for my 2200 total) through carbs and fats, but i'm probably coming up short since carbs are pretty non-existent for the most part.

It's hard to imagine that adding MORE carbs to my diet is going to help me lose body fat, but your pics are the proof that it works, at least it did for you. I feel like i'm pretty much doing everything right for the most part - 7 meals a day, literally eating every 3 hours, high protein, low carbs and fat. It seems like a formula for fat loss but it's clearly not working!

Sorry for rambling, i'm super tired and getting delerious! Thanks again for reading through, and I hope I can get this licked!

Ok, not to bore you to death, but there is a little history here that I have to share so you know where i'm coming from:

I started hitting the gym in December last year. I was 255lbs, grossly out of shape. I had no idea about dieting (as if I do now!) and did the wrong thing - I was on VERY low daily calories - i'm estimating somewhere around 1300. I also was only eating 4 times a day - I literally had a meal at 8:30am and then not again until 1:30pm. Due to calorie restriction alone, I managed to drop 60lbs - but i'm willing to bet alot of it was lean mass. In fact to have lost 60lbs and STILL have this much fat on my body today - I have no doubt.######i did this very thing before i learned to eat--i ate 2 times a day, lunch and dinner--how stupid is that now that we know
    Anyway, the 'weight' loss stopped after about 5-6 months, and I started changing things up. Calories were upped to about 2000, and meals were more frequent, including a PWO meal (yes, I wasn't doing this before). Still no changes.

I would say over the past 2 months I have been eating similar to how I am now, but it has been tweaked and modified every couple of weeks, mostly based on feedback from this forum.

This CURRENT diet - i've only been doing for 3+ weeks. I should note that I messed up earlier - I have NOT been taking 400g protein per day; i was only contemplating doing that. I have been taking 300g per day for the past 3 weeks, and trying to make up the remaining 1000 calories (for my 2200 total) through carbs and fats, but i'm probably coming up short since carbs are pretty non-existent for the most part.

It's hard to imagine that adding MORE carbs to my diet is going to help me lose body fat, but your pics are the proof that it works, at least it did for you. I feel like i'm pretty much doing everything right for the most part - 7 meals a day, literally eating every 3 hours, high protein, low carbs and fat. It seems like a formula for fat loss but it's clearly not working!####everybody is different--some people respond well to carbs some respond well to fats---ive heard a couple guys say that ur body has to get used to eating 6-7 meals a day, up to 90 days---
    Sorry for rambling, i'm super tired and getting delerious! Thanks again for reading through, and I hope I can get this licked!
    good job on the 60lbs--i know it wasnt all muscle-------do this---- re-post ur diet close to a 40/40/20 split in a new thread so it will get looked at by some of the guys that really know there shit---it may take a little longer to get a response being with the holidays and all but b patient---we'll get this figured out-----also cut and paste that story of how u have been eating up till now in the new thread as well---that will help these guys know where ur coming from, very important

i was just thinking------if u were eating 1300 cals for 5 -6 months and the weightloss stopped, then thats ur tdee---ur body got used to the 1300 cals and learned to maintain there-----when u started eatin right and more cals ur body was probably like "im holding on to all of this in case he goes back to eatin 1000 cals again---may take some time to get ur tdee back up there and get ur metabolism goin again------------anyway just thoght id share that with u

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    BJJ - I didn't realize my diet was that bad. What specifically is so bad about it? Too much protein? What about the 2-3g per lb. of body weight 'rule of thumb'? I have no problem reducing my protein intake to 300g daily which equates to 1200 calories. I need to make up the additional 1000 calories through carbs and good fats.

Why do you say that i'm forcing my body to use amino acids to be converted into energy? Is this because you don't think i'm getting enough carbs/fats?

I certainly am not interested in ruining my skin, liver, kidneys or heart - I AM interested in getting down to 10% body fat. Please help me accomplish this! I have revised my diet 5 times in the past 1.5 months just to be told it sucks each time!

PS - I appreciate your feedback, I am just getting frustrated because I don't know what I should be doing, and everybody is telling me different things - i.e. increase carbs, reduce carbs, etc. etc.

I am SICK of carrying around this body fat and would LOVE to be well on my way to 10% by this June. I would GREATLY appreciate ANYBODY who can help me accomplish this goal! I am not looking for the easy way out by asking for help; I have done a ton of research, but wind up more confused then before I started because there is so much contradictory information out there!

~Frustrated
    It looks like you have found a hand already.

However, I want to poin out that you can make your organism do whatever you want if you learn how to handle the insulin and glucagon hormonal axis.

Good luck

i was just thinking------if u were eating 1300 cals for 5 -6 months and the weightloss stopped, then thats ur tdee---ur body got used to the 1300 cals and learned to maintain there-----when u started eatin right and more cals ur body was probably like "im holding on to all of this in case he goes back to eatin 1000 cals again---may take some time to get ur tdee back up there and get ur metabolism goin again------------anyway just thoght id share that with u
    I'll be posting a revised diet today following closely the 40/40/20 split, and then hopefully I can get help from there (NARK!!!).

Wow, if 1300 calories is my TDEE, i'm SCREWED! That's enough food for a mouse! Would you suggest I stay at 2200 to 'retrain' my body for higher calories? I barely have muscle to begin with; I do NOT want to lose ANY lean mass, I cannot afford it!

I'll be posting a revised diet today following closely the 40/40/20 split, and then hopefully I can get help from there (NARK!!!).

Wow, if 1300 calories is my TDEE, i'm SCREWED! That's enough food for a mouse! Would you suggest I stay at 2200 to 'retrain' my body for higher calories? I barely have muscle to begin with; I do NOT want to lose ANY lean mass, I cannot afford it!
    That's a ? For the experts. Just make sure u explain ur situation in ur new post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information