gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

How does one know for sure? (calorie level on a cut diet)

We know that if caloric intake is too high, you're not going to lose fat - you will probably gain it.

I have also been told that if my caloric intake is too LOW, my metabolism will slow and again fat loss will not happen, the body will try and hold on to what it has.

The question is - let's say after a month on my cut diet, there is NO change either way. How would I know whether to decrease or increase calories? I only know my BMR and TDEE by using the formulas, but I never feel confident that they're accurate. Due to this, I don't know if i'm taking in too few or too many calories.

Also - is the 2nd part true where if calories are too low, metabolism will slow (and fat loss will cease to happen) IF:

a) i'm getting 1.5g protein per lb. of bodyweight, and carbs and fat are relatively low... and

b) i'm eating every 3 hours, 7 meals a day.

I just want to make sure that if i'm doing the wrong thing, it doesn't go on for months and months and I come to find i've been wasting my time.

I look forward to your replies, thanks!

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    We know that if caloric intake is too high, you're not going to lose fat - you will probably gain it.

I have also been told that if my caloric intake is too LOW, my metabolism will slow and again fat loss will not happen, the body will try and hold on to what it has.

The question is - let's say after a month on my cut diet, there is NO change either way. How would I know whether to decrease or increase calories? I only know my BMR and TDEE by using the formulas, but I never feel confident that they're accurate. Due to this, I don't know if i'm taking in too few or too many calories.

Also - is the 2nd part true where if calories are too low, metabolism will slow (and fat loss will cease to happen) IF:

a) i'm getting 1.5g protein per lb. of bodyweight, and carbs and fat are relatively low... and

b) i'm eating every 3 hours, 7 meals a day.

I just want to make sure that if i'm doing the wrong thing, it doesn't go on for months and months and I come to find i've been wasting my time.

I look forward to your replies, thanks!
    most likely after 2-3 weeks you will know if ur diet is working---if u stay same weight and bf%--u will then know ur tdee

Haha man you weren't lyin about about being on a similar page. I've cut my calories and have lost some water weight(salt out of diet as much has helped is think) and a little fat around the lower belly. But all the posts and questions you ask are very relavent and i appreciate it cuz the answers to your questions are helping alot of us out man. Keep them coming lol.

Thread Information