Terinox is offline The One & Only

How Much Protein In How Many Hours????

Sup ya'll,

Alrighty, how much protein can your body handle??? I am 20 years old. I am about to start my cycle on Sunday. Right now, I try to get about 30-40 grams of protein every 2 hours. Can by body handle this? Can it handle more?

I do that about 6 times a day (6 X 2 = 12 hours) and so I get about 6 X 40 grams of protein = about 250 grams of protein. However I do get a bit more from "other" things I eat (I get about 200 grams just from tuna and protein shakes. I eat 3 cans tuna and 3 protein shakes a day, that gives me 200 by itself. Plus other things like cottage cheese, dinner, etc...puts me close to 300 grams.

Can I get more? Can I get like 50 grams in one sitting??? I need to know, thnx.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Everybody can handle different amounts of protein. I would say 40-50 grams per serving is ok. I myself try to get around 60 or so per serving. Just remember to get a good amount of fiber because eating high protein can plug things up.....if you know what I mean. LOL

Rich8888 is offline Member
    and drink lots and lots of water. A high protein diet is rough on the kidneys..need to flush em out..so to speak....

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    i think 250g/day is ok for most people, unless your REALLY big, like 220lb solid muscle, i've seen some people here say they take 350-400, and thats just a fast ticket to kidney failure in my opinion, i think you should be aiming to only be taking 1 protein shake a day (40-50g) then the rest in real food, lets face it, there is a lot more in those shakes then just protein.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    how does 3 cans of tuna give you 200gms of protein

white albacore tuna 6oz can has 12gm of protein per serving and there is about 2.5 servings per can drained

chunky light in oil has 13 gm per serving in a 6 oz can and contains about 2.5 servings per can drained

12x2.5=30x3 cans 90gms of protein
    13x2.5=32.5x3 cans=97gm of protein
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Originally posted by abstrack
    how does 3 cans of tuna give you 200gms of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>

white albacore tuna 6oz can has 12gm of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> per serving and there is about 2.5 servings per can drained

chunky light in oil has 13 gm per serving in a 6 oz can and contains about 2.5 servings per can drained

12x2.5=30x3 cans 90gms of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>
    13x2.5=32.5x3 cans=97gm of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>

Dude, I said "from the tuna and the protein shakes"

I don't know about the kind of tuna you buy, the kind I buy is not oil, its in water, and it's 30 grams of protein each can. I eat 3 of those, that gives me 90 grams of protein correct?!? Now, along with that, I drink 3 protein shakes which added with milk gives me 40 grams each. Now 3 of those would give me 120 grams of protein corect?!? So now, adding 90 and 120 gives you 210 grams of protein (about). So, that's over 200 from the protein and tuna. Plus I eat cottage cheese, regular foods, etc...which give me probably another 100 (if i'm lucky). So now that's about 300 grams of protein.

I weight 200lbs, so I need lots of protein. Also I'm about to start my cycle and am hoping to gain 15-20 pounds, so, althought it's a lot of protein shakes, I have n choice (i'm also a university student) so it's very hard to keep getting "real" foods in me

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    whoaa!!! chill out buddy

sorry I read the thread wrong, my bad!!!!!
    i understand where you're getting the results
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Originally posted by abstrack
    whoaa!!! chill out buddy

sorry I read the thread wrong, my bad!!!!!
    i understand where you're getting the results

Dude dude i'm totally chilled out. It's all good. It just seemed from your post like you were getting all into it with the calculations etc...

But wutever, it's all good

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    As to how much protein your body can handle, well I believe its a matter of trail and error personally.......Your roughly 200lbs right now correct? I'd aim to get in 300 grams minimum especially while your on cycle, and even shoot for 400 grams through out the day....but make sure like it was already mentioned, to drink tons of water and get some good fiber in you as that is alot of protein and it can be hard on the kidneys over an extended period of time, good luck and happy eating bro

Originally posted by Fullback57
    As to how much <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> your body can handle, well I believe its a matter of trail and error personally.......Your roughly 200lbs right now correct? I'd aim to get in 300 grams minimum especially while your on cycle, and even shoot for 400 grams through out the day....but make sure like it was already mentioned, to drink tons of water and get some good fiber in you as that is alot of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> and it can be hard on the kidneys over an extended period of time, good luck and happy eating bro
    It becomes quite hard to get alot! If I eat every 2 hours or so, and eat about 6 times a day. If I force down about 50 grams of protein each sitting, that's only a total of 300 grams. Now I know that's good, but that's only when I can even do that. Some days I'm at school for almost 7-9 hours, and that can be a pain in the ass.

Can people give me some other suggestions to foods that are high in protein. So far my diet is mostly, tuna, protein shakes, cottage cheese, and sometimes chicken (when I can get it and make it).

Let me know, thnx,
    T.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    1.5 grams of protein per lean pound divided into six meals aday.

300/6 = 50g per sitting, eat 2.5-3hrs apart.

chicken, tuna, egg whites, lean mince, lean steak, skimmed milk, skimmed milk powder, salmon, kidney beans, lowfat cottage cheese, if it used to be alive eat it LOL

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    [ if it used to be alive eat it LOL [/B][/QUOTE]
    I like it!!!

Dammit, why haven't they invented a pill yet that you just swallow and gives you 50 grams protein?!?!?!?!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Terinox
    Dammit, why haven't they invented a pill yet that you just swallow and gives you 50 grams <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>?!?!?!?!

Because then every jackass that works out would be huge, the diet part would be so easy people would be growing like weeds. I am happy that getting the proper diet down is so hard. It keeps all the lazy people small.

Pain.

Originally posted by painintheazz

Because then every jackass that works out would be huge, the diet part would be so easy people would be growing like weeds. I am happy that getting the proper diet down is so hard. It keeps all the lazy people small.

Pain.
    Very good point

Farmer is offline Member
    Ya bro, if your working out hard you should be fine with like 250-300 grams of protein. Like with a lot of other things your body works on a "demand" type basis. If your body needs it, it will use it, if it doesn't it won't. ya heard

peace

Thread Information