Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.....

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    Im in my first carb load and am pleasantly surprised its not as fun as i thought. I have lost appetite, get full much quicker, and have pretty much NOOO desire for carbs or sweets. I USED TO HAVE INSANE CRAVINGS. The only downfall was I crashed hard wed,thurs,fri. hopefully next week will be better
    Strange, because i'm thoroughly enjoying mine. I've gotten to eat bagels, cereal, pasta, and right now i'm pretty effing drunk off of a few margaritas. Granted, not the greatest source of carbs (high fructose corn syrup), but I don't think it's gonna kill me.

Bren is offline Associate Member
    Im in my first carb load and am pleasantly surprised its not as fun as i thought. I have lost appetite, get full much quicker, and have pretty much NOOO desire for carbs or sweets. I USED TO HAVE INSANE CRAVINGS. The only downfall was I crashed hard wed,thurs,fri. hopefully next week will be better
    I feel the same way. I am not craving carbs, I am eating them because a need to not because I want to. I get full on little portions and the carbs are making me feel sleepy all day. I had good energy all this week and I didn't lose any strength. I am looking forward to getting back on the diet and seeing better results this week.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Strange, because i'm thoroughly enjoying mine. I've gotten to eat bagels, cereal, pasta, and right now i'm pretty effing drunk off of a few margaritas. Granted, not the greatest source of carbs (high fructose corn syrup), but I don't think it's gonna kill me.
    Correct me if I am wrong but wont HFCS rapidly fill up your liver glycogen and slow down the whole ketogenic process? Granted, It will not kill you but it will slow down your results dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but wont HFCS rapidly fill up your liver glycogen and slow down the whole ketogenic process? Granted, It will not kill you but it will slow down your results dramatically.
    I'm over it now - yea, that was a stupid post, sorry. HFCS is not good no matter what diet you're doing.... I don't know it's specific effect on liver glycogen; I'm sure it's not beneficial in any way. But you have to live sometimes... that's once a week for me and I hope it's not too big a setback...

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    what do you think of cytocarb? I have got some leftover.

http://www.discountsupplements.com/P...Show=TechSpecs
    That would work but you will need to add some protein in with it.Try cytogainer or carbogain...TOP

HAHA yeah most people think its gonna be heaven but they usually end up sleepy and not wanting much food. Plus its hard because you have to limit fat,its not like you can go order shrimp cheese alfredo! Stick with the bagels you wont have as many sugar swings!

I'm over it now - yea, that was a stupid post, sorry. HFCS is not good no matter what diet you're doing.... I don't know it's specific effect on liver glycogen; I'm sure it's not beneficial in any way. But you have to live sometimes... that's once a week for me and I hope it's not too big a setback...
    So this kinda pissed me off!!

From all the bullshit post you have on this thread asking questions and being so nit-picky about everything ,you go and do something that could be one of the worst things to do for a weight loss diet!Im not really sure what to say??
    I dont think i would have had a problem if anyone else told me this. Its not so much that you drank but that you clutter the thread with post asking about how bad artificial sweetners are, but then you go and have a full on testosterone suppressing,cortisol raising,alchohol,sugar,HFCS binge??

WTF?

If you are serious about your goals stay away from the things that limit your optimum potential!

And yes BREN is correct fructose and sucrose have a main priority in filling liver glycogen first,this inturn is going to make it harder for you next week!

I am up 11lbs today, no big deal thought, this is to be expected. I am bloated as well so it looks like I gained weight but no worries, I am looking forward to getting back on track this week.
    I have not been this sore in years, I think it is because of the whole body workout on Friday. I have been separating body parts every workout since I was 19, so I think that has something to do with the DOMS I am experiencing today.

Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    So this kinda pissed me off!!

From all the bullshit post you have on this thread asking questions and being so nit-picky about everything ,you go and do something that could be one of the worst things to do for a weight loss diet!Im not really sure what to say??
    I dont think i would have had a problem if anyone else told me this. Its not so much that you drank but that you clutter the thread with post asking about how bad artificial sweetners are, but then you go and have a full on testosterone suppressing,cortisol raising,alchohol,sugar,HFCS binge??

WTF?

If you are serious about your goals stay away from the things that limit your optimum potential!

And yes BREN is correct fructose and sucrose have a main priority in filling liver glycogen first,this inturn is going to make it harder for you next week!
    Not sure what to say here... sorry? I didn't realize I was cluttering your thread; being annoying certainly wasn't my intention, but rest assured it'll stop now that i'm aware of how obnoxious i'm coming off.

I ask alot of questions because I like to be informed. I don't like doing 'this or that' just because somebody tells me to, I like to know WHY. You consider it cluttering the thread with bullshit posts, I consider it being a relatively intelligent and informed person. I'm not a robot.

All that said, I went out for dinner with my wife last night and had 3 1/2 margaritas (not sure what the F they put in there to get me drunk off of 3!). I have been so godamn strict for the past year and 3 months, and didn't realize a few drinks was selling my soul to the devil. Yes, I know that alcohol is bad for any diet, and the particular drinks I had were a double wammy with alcohol and alot of shit sugar. I see people who are on strict diets that take cheat days every week and eat pizza, chips, cake, ice cream, all the shit you can think of - I never do that and that seems much worse to me. BTW - they still seem to recognize their fat loss goals. I would never do this (the drinking) during the week, I don't 'break' my diet. I didn't think it was the worst thing to do during my carb load weekend. Guess I was wrong, we live and learn.

Sorry again for cluttering your thread with useless shit.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Just to slip this in I recently started using Stevia, and if it is as healthy as the studies show it really is amazing. Flavor is great and is 600x sweater then splenda so you only have to use very little. Def check it out. When I was on a regular diet one small packet was enough to sweeten 1 cup of oatmeal. Also if you are looking for a good carb drink with no artificial sweetners or aspartame try out Cytomax Natural, mix this with some tasteless whey and your all set
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 03-07-2010 at 03:09 PM.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    well lol......i had a litre of vodka lastnite! ive actually felt worse eating carbs this weekend than anytime last week without them!....ill be glad to back on the bacon, salmon and chicken lol......

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^ I am going to puke right now, I used to look forward to carbs, now all I can think about is that nice lite green salad with mozz cheese balls and grilled chicken

I guess i'm still in carb mode, because i'm missing my carbs and feeling hungry as hell again...

Not sure what to say here... sorry? I didn't realize I was cluttering your thread; being annoying certainly wasn't my intention, but rest assured it'll stop now that i'm aware of how obnoxious i'm coming off.

I ask alot of questions because I like to be informed. I don't like doing 'this or that' just because somebody tells me to, I like to know WHY. You consider it cluttering the thread with bullshit posts, I consider it being a relatively intelligent and informed person. I'm not a robot.

All that said, I went out for dinner with my wife last night and had 3 1/2 margaritas (not sure what the F they put in there to get me drunk off of 3!). I have been so godamn strict for the past year and 3 months, and didn't realize a few drinks was selling my soul to the devil. Yes, I know that alcohol is bad for any diet, and the particular drinks I had were a double wammy with alcohol and alot of shit sugar. I see people who are on strict diets that take cheat days every week and eat pizza, chips, cake, ice cream, all the shit you can think of - I never do that and that seems much worse to me. BTW - they still seem to recognize their fat loss goals. I would never do this (the drinking) during the week, I don't 'break' my diet. I didn't think it was the worst thing to do during my carb load weekend. Guess I was wrong, we live and learn.

Sorry again for cluttering your thread with useless shit.
    Like i said my point was not that you drank alchohol ,t was that you seem to be so anal about little things and then something huge like alchohol comes about and you seem to have no problem at all doing that. Do you see my point? Here is an example,you worried yourself about having a diet root
    beer the other day ,but then you go and have 31/2 margaritas. This is what i didnt understand.

Like i said my point was not that you drank alchohol ,t was that you seem to be so anal about little things and then something huge like alchohol comes about and you seem to have no problem at all doing that. Do you see my point? Here is an example,you worried yourself about having a diet root
    beer the other day ,but then you go and have 31/2 margaritas. This is what i didnt understand.
    TOP - I completely understand. However, it has less to do with me being anal and alot more to do with learning and having the knowledge. In other words, I am constantly seeking information and asking questions. That doesn't mean that I will always make the right decisions based on that knowledge. If I were being anal, i'd be following the carb load of BodyOpus 100%, but i'm not. I read that artificial sweetners are bad during keto; I wanted a second opinion, that's all.

Again, I honestly didn't think drinking a few margaritas (I wouldn't call 3 1/2 a binge) was that bad during the carb load - I would never do this during the week because it's obvious how detrimental that would be. If it's that detrimental in general, then I have to consider this a lesson learned. It was just a bit shocking when I felt like I was being crucified for it.

I always appreciate your opinion or I wouldn't be asking questions. I hope I can continue to post in your thread without feeling like i'm annoying you.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    With regard to alcohol, and I say this with no intention of being a dick, it should be an obvious exclusion from the lifestyle of anyone dedicated to their physique enough to pursue a strict BB diet. I mean, if I didn't have the willpower not to drink while I on a strict cutting regiment, I certainly wouldn't have the willpower to be on said regiment in the first place.

Also, I work as a bartender and I'll tell you right now - for each one of my Long Islands or margaritas, you may as well be eating a bag of sour-patch kids candy because any good bar man knows to load that shit up with simple syrup and sour mix. Remember, even 1 shot of tequila is 100 calories. Make that 2 shots, add the syrup, sour, cointreau, and a float of Grand Marnier and multiply by however many you have. Then add that to your total cals for the day via food. You've negated a week of fat loss.

Not directed at you specifically Gbrice - just trying to emphasize how bad these drinks really are. What ever happened to Jack and Diet?

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    With regard to alcohol, and I say this with no intention of being a dick, it should be an obvious exclusion from the lifestyle of anyone dedicated to their physique enough to pursue a strict BB diet. I mean, if I didn't have the willpower not to drink while I on a strict cutting regiment, I certainly wouldn't have the willpower to be on said regiment in the first place.

Also, I work as a bartender and I'll tell you right now - for each one of my Long Islands or margaritas, you may as well be eating a bag of sour-patch kids candy because any good bar man knows to load that shit up with simple syrup and sour mix. Remember, even 1 shot of tequila is 100 calories. Make that 2 shots, add the syrup, sour, cointreau, and a float of Grand Marnier and multiply by however many you have. Then add that to your total cals for the day via food. You've negated a week of fat loss.

Not directed at you specifically Gbrice - just trying to emphasize how bad these drinks really are. What ever happened to Jack and Diet?
    Tank you for spelling that out, people do not realize how bad alcohol really is, especially for the bodybuilder.
    On top of the de-hydration, alcohol has been shown in many studies to lower serum testosterone levels and if that isn't bad enough, it also increases the body's output of CORTISOL!
    If that sounds bad, that's because it is, this would set anyone back a week in just one night. Bottom line; not worth it, carb load or not.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Always measure raw.
    OH S#@T I bet Im 400 calories a day atleast over what I thought

The formula for the carb load is also debatable, but from what ive seen most do a 14-16 grams of carbs per LEAN BODY MASS in kgs so if your lean mass is say 150 you divide that by 2.2 which =68/ 68 multiplied by "we will say 14" =952 carbs divide by 24 hours which is 12 meals would be 79 carbs per meal.

Like i said there are many variations of the carb load but this is probably the easiest. So you can see how your cals will skyrocket depending on your lean body mass,this is why i said mine can reach over 10,000 in a period/ 952 carbs by4=3808cals just from carbs alone another 20-30 %from protein and the rest from fat and you have a a loaded weapon!!

If this write up confuses you ill try to help with the formula better but its looks easy as i can get it!

CARB LOAD RULES

STAGE 1 iNITIAL 24 HOURS
    Feedings-12
    carbs-16x lean bodyweight in kg
    Type -glucose polymers and startches(malto dextrin is what i use)

Meal 1-4 -Drink 2 grams carbs per kg of lean bodyweight of liquid simple sugard or glucose polymers per meal.WHEY SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE LIQUID DRINKS. Just to get this 100% strait I lift at 4pm on Friday done at 6pm, so 6pm, 8pm, 10pm and midnight are just Liquit Protein like whey and casein and Malto, no solid foods until 2am?

MEALS 5-8-These should be liquid carbs and solid high glycemic carbs(such as cornflakes) Eat 1.5 g of carbsper kg of lean bodyweight at each meal
    Now I can start with the solid protein, eggs and such as well as skim milk and cornflakes? Bagels and whaterver else is high in carbs 30% protein and minimal fat, probably just fish oils and the fat in the whole eggs
    Meal 9-12-Finally you get to eat some real food eat.5grams of solid starches and some liquid carbs per kg of lbm at each meal

STAGE2
    Feedings-12
    Type-Mixed,primarily starches

MEAL1-4-Each meal 1gram carbs per kg of lbm SINCE INSULIN SENSETIVITY IS DECLINING YOU SHOULD EAT MORE SOLID CARBS AND PROTEINS!

MEAL5-8-Eat .75 grams of carbs per lbm of normal food (rice,pasta,potatoes)

MEAL9-12-.5GRAMS OF CARBS. Since you want to begin lowering blood glucose before you begin another week of carb depletion,you should eat just the opposite of what you would expect! Go back tosimple liquid carbs and proteins.Basically you want a sugar crash to get you into low blood sugar. Yes insulin ishigher but the actual amount of carbs per meal is quite low. Finally back to Malto and Whey and Casein? I just wonder because you seem to favor regular PWO meals as apposed to whey but if I am reading this right I should be taking 8 shakes over a 24hr period? Please let me know if I am off course?

TRY YOUR BEST TO STAY AWAY FROM FRUCTOSE AND SUCROSE,THESE REFILL LIVER THE MOST AND THATS WILL IN TURN TAKE YOU LONGER TO DEPLETE YOUR STORAGE.

By following this formula everyone will hit there 16grams over the duration no matter what difference you have in LBM from the next guy. I hope this helps people with carb loading...TOP
    A big thanks to TOP and MG

Thanks Damien, no offense taken at all, actually I appreciate the info. I knew it was bad, but had no idea it was THAT bad.

I think my biggest problem is this: if I started out as a 'regular' guy where my cut diet lasted a few months, I could abstane from alcohol for that period of time, no problem. Since I started out at 80+ lbs. overweight, i've been on a 'cutting' diet for over a year and am just getting really tired of saying no to myself, plain and simple. It's just getting old, and I expected to look alot better by now, I expected to be eating to GROW by now. My fault for clearly underestimating how tough this would be, ESPECIALLY this last 10-15lbs of fat.

That said, I have a bachelor party this weekend and i'm the best man; it's gonna be tough to sit there and be stone cold sober while everybody goes wild around me. It's not even practical. Probably gonna be another week shot to shit, i'm sorry to say.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Thanks Damien, no offense taken at all, actually I appreciate the info. I knew it was bad, but had no idea it was THAT bad.

I think my biggest problem is this: if I started out as a 'regular' guy where my cut diet lasted a few months, I could abstane from alcohol for that period of time, no problem. Since I started out at 80+ lbs. overweight, i've been on a 'cutting' diet for over a year and am just getting really tired of saying no to myself, plain and simple. It's just getting old, and I expected to look alot better by now, I expected to be eating to GROW by now. My fault for clearly underestimating how tough this would be, ESPECIALLY this last 10-15lbs of fat.

That said, I have a bachelor party this weekend and i'm the best man; it's gonna be tough to sit there and be stone cold sober while everybody goes wild around me. It's not even practical. Probably gonna be another week shot to shit, i'm sorry to say.
    Dont beat yourself up mate......and if you want a drink at the weekend then do it! shit you only live once and your the best man!.......just dont tell anyone on the thread! LOL

i can understand TOPs and Damiens position but they are 100% bodybuilders thats there life......us mere mortals lol....have to do the best we can with what we have...

First of all; how many times will you be the best-man at a friend's wedding in your life? I think not enough to justify missing out on the food/drink - sometimes you just have to say f*ck it and live your life. Rome wasn't built in a day but it didn't collapse in just one day either.

I went through the same phase you're currently enduring over the summer. I fell off my diet and training/diet regiment for over a year and gained 50 lbs. For those who know how anal I am about dieting, it may be hard to believe. Even harder to believe from someone like me, I couldn't stand being out of shape for another day, so I went on a crash diet of under 1000 cals per day and trained like an animal - I lost that weight in 2 months. Sure enough, that last 10-15 lbs. wouldn't go. In fact, it looked terrible since it was only stored in my love handles and belly, my extremities were ripped.

I started eating a real BB diet and making nice gains but always had that loose skin/belly fat hanging over my head. I fell into this phase of self-pity as I watched everyone around me eat, drink, and be merry. I started joining in the festivities and was taking steps back before I knew it. Finally, I accepted that if I was gonna be able to be ~10% bf again, while having regular cheat days/meals I would have to do a lot of cardio because I had clearly damaged my BMR. So, I began running outside every morning at top speed for 30 minutes or until my lungs failed and doing 60 minutes LIT PWO. Within 60 days, I had abs again and now, I really don't have any urge to cheat.

And f*ck - I keep ranting on this thread. My bad.

edgarr is offline Member

I don't agree with this at all. What if you work extra hard that week and extra hard the next week, ie. instead of being 500cals under tdee go 700, add extra cardio, wouldn't this offset the extra cals? What if you only drank vodka and water? Ok, so not much can be done about lowering TEST levels but how old are you, what are your test levels? What if you are supplementing with TEST?

I am no BB or Model, I am reaching my goals....yes, as fast as I would like...no, but who REALLY does? Life is more then just 1 or 2 goals.....have FUN or it will pass you by!

qwert is offline New Member
    does anyone know if pan frying the meats with sunflower oil would be ok for this diet?

and the sugars in whey protein does it matter?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    YES, but so will a 40/40/20 and alot of other diets out there. Im not trying to say this is the only diet that works. I happen to also like 40/40/20. Although i think this is one of the best for muscle preservation and also it helps people feal like they are cheating so mentally it helps also.

This diet has also been around for a very long long time.

Also they put people on KETO diets that have epileptic seizures,just an interesting bonus!

Edit: I've found what I was looking for.
    Last edited by Swifto; 03-10-2010 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Dont beat yourself up mate......and if you want a drink at the weekend then do it! shit you only live once and your the best man!.......just dont tell anyone on the thread! LOL

i can understand TOPs and Damiens position but they are 100% bodybuilders thats there life......us mere mortals lol....have to do the best we can with what we have...
    Thanks bro! I just need to find a comfortable balance of what I want for my body, and enjoying my life at the same time. TOP and Damien got where they were due to being ultra dedicated; I don't know that I have that in me, but at the same time i've proven to myself that I can be alot more dedicated than I ever though - you should have seen my lifestyle 1.5 years ago.

First of all; how many times will you be the best-man at a friend's wedding in your life? I think not enough to justify missing out on the food/drink - sometimes you just have to say f*ck it and live your life. Rome wasn't built in a day but it didn't collapse in just one day either.

Thank you for the encouragement bro! The idea of negating an entire week of dieting from a few hours of drinking (I think you posted that earlier) frankly scares the $hit out of me...but like you said, I do need to live my life as it's the only one I have.

I went through the same phase you're currently enduring over the summer. I fell off my diet and training/diet regiment for over a year and gained 50 lbs. For those who know how anal I am about dieting, it may be hard to believe. Even harder to believe from someone like me, I couldn't stand being out of shape for another day, so I went on a crash diet of under 1000 cals per day and trained like an animal - I lost that weight in 2 months. Sure enough, that last 10-15 lbs. wouldn't go. In fact, it looked terrible since it was only stored in my love handles and belly, my extremities were ripped.

Wow, you're absolutely right when you say this is what i'm going through right now! I wouldn't say my extremities are ripped and i'm sure you had/have alot more muscle mass than I, but true that my absolute worst areas are my sides and belly - and strangely enough the lower outer portion of my chest (I can still fill an a cup).

I started eating a real BB diet and making nice gains but always had that loose skin/belly fat hanging over my head. I fell into this phase of self-pity as I watched everyone around me eat, drink, and be merry. I started joining in the festivities and was taking steps back before I knew it. Finally, I accepted that if I was gonna be able to be ~10% bf again, while having regular cheat days/meals I would have to do a lot of cardio because I had clearly damaged my BMR. So, I began running outside every morning at top speed for 30 minutes or until my lungs failed and doing 60 minutes LIT PWO. Within 60 days, I had abs again and now, I really don't have any urge to cheat.

I felt great when I was eating the 40/40/20 diet recently; it's the cleanest i've EVER eaten by far, but honestly after 2 months I didn't really see or feel much difference at all, which is why I decided to try a keto diet. I also damanged my BMR in my first year of dieting (calories around 1200 daily and protein way too low). I am slowly working at bringing it back up.

And f*ck - I keep ranting on this thread. My bad.

You're not ranting at all, this is all really helpful to me, so thank you again!
    Comments in bold

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. What if you work extra hard that week and extra hard the next week, ie. instead of being 500cals under tdee go 700, add extra cardio, wouldn't this offset the extra cals? What if you only drank vodka and water? Ok, so not much can be done about lowering TEST levels but how old are you, what are your test levels? What if you are supplementing with TEST?

I guess that's what i'm going to have to do. I'm 34 - I don't know what my test levels are but i'm willing to bet they're relatively low. I am not currently on any AAS or supplements other than protein, fish oil, creatine and a multi-vitamin.

I am no BB or Model, I am reaching my goals....yes, as fast as I would like...no, but who REALLY does? Life is more then just 1 or 2 goals.....have FUN or it will pass you by!

Agreed! I spent the last 10 years hiding and being a fat fv(k, I am now relatively 'normal' and would like to enjoy being alive again just a bit!
    Comments above in bold

Half way through my 2nd week on the diet. Looking forward to the gym today. So far no strength loss on my Monday workout. I can already see that i am more vascular and i can see more definition in my abs. On my carb load days i have been taking allot of Metamucil as a part of the carb load to make sure i am regular and it is working well.

edgarr is offline Member
    Comments above in bold
    What it is worth. I am on HRT so have routine blood work done. One time I decieded to do it back to back after a long, hard drinking weekend. Before weekend 280 after weekend 288 (which is still low). Now in all fairness I was having sex all weekend too so that may have helped elevate them but all the alcohol did not lower them.

Of course my levels are really low but just thought it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by qwert View Post
    does anyone know if pan frying the meats with sunflower oil would be ok for this diet?

and the sugars in whey protein does it matter?
    There are no carbs in sunflower oil. Same with meat. Answer: of course it would be fine.

It depends what brand you use, some have as much as 10g of sugar per 40g protein. If that's what the label says, then yes, it matters and you should switch. If there is only 1-2g of sugar and 5-7g net carbs (most whey protein) then 1 shake PWO is fine.

qwert is offline New Member
    alright. it's in the safe zone. thanks for clearing that up.

2nd week of keto and everything is on track.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    What it is worth. I am on HRT so have routine blood work done. One time I decieded to do it back to back after a long, hard drinking weekend. Before weekend 280 after weekend 288 (which is still low). Now in all fairness I was having sex all weekend too so that may have helped elevate them but all the alcohol did not lower them.

Of course my levels are really low but just thought it was interesting.
    HRT wouldn't that shut down your natural production anyway and you would be reading values strickly off the HRT dosing? So if your getting synthetic testosterone in your system alcohol probably wont affect it the same as it would natural testosterone, albeit possibly deregulating receptors a bit. If your on HRT nothing should really move your #'s excpet raising or lowering your dose. Its not like you have partial natural testosterone and partial synthetic you either have one or the other.

baddgsx is offline Junior Member

My carb up days are the hardest but are getting better and better. What's the best cereal to eat on the carb up days? I'm thinking mini-wheats without the frosting. I came accross these bars called cliff bars at the supermarket and they have them at the gas stations. It has some vitamins 5g fat , 44g carbs 20 of it sugar and 10g pro 250 calories. And it's super tastey. Is the sugar in this bad for the carb up day. It's not fructose.

Thanks , chris

Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    What's the best cereal to eat on the carb up days?

Thanks , chris
    Personally, I LOVE Kashi Go Lean cereals... I could live off of them! My Favs are the Honey Almond Flax, and the Berry Crumble. They have around 4-5g fat per serving, 35-30g carbs, and a few grams of protein - but the ingredients are way better than alot of cereals out there, much more natural. Try and find them, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

OH man, I love Kashi cereals. You should try the toasted berry crumble.
    9g Protein 8g fiber 18g of whole grains 190calories 4 grams of fat

BigTMan123 is offline New Member
    Quick question:

Would you recommend using pre-workout supplements like Jack3d or NO-Explode on the lifting days?

Thanks.

BigTMan123 is offline New Member
    There are no carbs in sunflower oil. Same with meat. Answer: of course it would be fine.

It depends what brand you use, some have as much as 10g of sugar per 40g protein. If that's what the label says, then yes, it matters and you should switch. If there is only 1-2g of sugar and 5-7g net carbs (most whey protein) then 1 shake PWO is fine.
    FWIW, I use ON Gold Standard Whey (Delicious Strawberry) ... it's only 2g carb per serving.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr View Post
    HRT wouldn't that shut down your natural production anyway and you would be reading values strickly off the HRT dosing? So if your getting synthetic testosterone in your system alcohol probably wont affect it the same as it would natural testosterone, albeit possibly deregulating receptors a bit. If your on HRT nothing should really move your #'s excpet raising or lowering your dose. Its not like you have partial natural testosterone and partial synthetic you either have one or the other.
    You are correct however this was after coming off of HRT for more then a year, long story but had some prostate issues. So I was natural at this time of testing.

Just to be clear. I'm not promoting drinking.......I am promoting living your life the way that you want!

last week there was no hunger and no cravings, but I am really looking forward to start of my carb load tomorrow. I have had carb cravings all day today. When I get real bad cravings I just chew some sugar free gum. The end of my 2nd week and I can see some results already. Next week's results should be even better.

Thread Information