Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.....

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    What are some of the liquid carbs u guys drink on carb day, I had some sodas last carb day now after looking at this thread thinking that was a bad call?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    You should be drinking alot of water on your "carb days", but if you're a soda guy (I'm really not), then have a soda then.

I actually like having wine or a cocktail on my carb up days with big carby meal

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    okay ya, I still drank a lot of water just had about 24oz of soda and 16oz of cran juice to try and get some liquid carbs.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alluprbdy View Post
    okay ya, I still drank a lot of water just had about 24oz of soda and 16oz of cran juice to try and get some liquid carbs.
    You don't really need "liquid" carbs at all on your re-feeds.

You can restore leptin and ghrelin just fine without them.

baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    You don't really need "liquid" carbs at all on your re-feeds.

You can restore leptin and ghrelin just fine without them.
    +1 , i dont carb up with the liquids any more. I do continue to have a half a bannana before the carb up though. I engoy it. I even eat it super slow, got get your CHI in there!

Quote Originally Posted by alluprbdy View Post
    What are some of the liquid carbs u guys drink on carb day, I had some sodas last carb day now after looking at this thread thinking that was a bad call?
    Try not to have sucrose on yor carb up. Its alot better. It could just be my body, but everytime ive carbed with candy or even that sugar free flavored seltzer water i would have a not so successful carb-up.

It would even come down to what carb i eat. One week i did just pastas , one week i did just rice , and another was just oatmeal. Carbing up with just rice and just oatmeal worked better than the pastas for me.

next week im gonna combine the two and try to remember how i felt.

you dont want any fructose either.

since im super anabolic on my 1st full day of carb up i like to do abbs and alot of stretching a couple hours before bed. when i stretch i do some posing as that helps move nutrients through the body with out totally shocking it with a full body heavy workout.

ls1 fd3s is offline New Member
    ive been trying to find a compliation of ketogenic foods. I know the basics, eggs, cheese, chicken, bacon, butter, fish, beef, olive oil, half/half milk. But pecans and peanut butter are borderline as they contain 4-6gs carbs per serving. BUT i read that since they both contain 3-4g fiber each serving, something about it that the fibers cancel out some of the carbs? Im just trying to make sense of this as i LOVE pecans and peanut butter together, ****in amazing. Im gonna post my ketogenic diet up shortly and see if i can get some answers.

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Bump! Great threat...

edgarr is offline Member
    I was going to start my CKD last week but with the holiday and some traveling I am starting this week. I will have my last carb meal today around noon and then re start the carb up Friday at noon. My workout will be Mon-chest, shoulders, tris Tuesday- legs and abs, Wed-Back, bis and forearms, Thurs-am cardio, Fri- full body workout around noon and start carb up.

hex
    hex is offline Associate Member
    i was wondering what a typical weekly mealplan would look like... i assume you drop all carbs and replace in what split between fat/protien? i am at 20% or so and am looking to cut way down... the ckd seems right up my alley... mon-fri i spend working and have huge control over my diet, weekends are a little more chaotic

breakthelines is offline New Member
    Great read Top.
    About the start this tomorrow.
    Going to go P-30%, C - 5%, F - 65%.
    Cutting about 500cals down to 2400cals

spacemon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1 fd3s View Post
    ive been trying to find a compliation of ketogenic foods. I know the basics, eggs, cheese, chicken, bacon, butter, fish, beef, olive oil, half/half milk. But pecans and peanut butter are borderline as they contain 4-6gs carbs per serving. BUT i read that since they both contain 3-4g fiber each serving, something about it that the fibers cancel out some of the carbs? Im just trying to make sense of this as i LOVE pecans and peanut butter together, ****in amazing. Im gonna post my ketogenic diet up shortly and see if i can get some answers.
    Check out this article I found a while back. He has a great list of Keto foods and some good info for sure. I haven't read this whole thread yet so sorry if its already been posted.

Joseph Arcita: A Guide to Ketosis

spacemon is offline Junior Member
    lol sorry that post is a little old.....

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Bump for a great thread

Xphanial is offline Junior Member
    Greetings sir top, may I also get a PM of this book?

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xphanial View Post
    Greetings sir top, may I also get a PM of this book?
    Top has been gone for awhile

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Cyclical ketogenic carbohydrate manipulation is just an interpretation of carb cycling, but with a more extreme approach to initiating glycogen depletion and utilizing the refeed/overfeed periods. I would assume that this approach would provide you with periodical glycogen super-compensatory uptake activities. Just have to time those crucial periods appropriately to correspond with your exercise routine.

However, because of the rapid fluctuation I would assume you'd experience dietary keto-adaptation, but it wouldn't fully set in I think.. I could be wrong, but during true glycogen depletion you're overall mood is distraught until the shift is completed and your body begins to allocate it's cellular currency towards fatty acid oxidation.
    Last edited by Splifton; 11-03-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splifton View Post
    Cyclical ketogenic carbohydrate manipulation is just an interpretation of carb cycling, but with a more extreme approach to initiating glycogen depletion and utilizing the refeed/overfeed periods. I would assume that this approach would provide you with periodical glycogen super-compensatory uptake activities. Just have to time those crucial periods appropriately to correspond with your exercise routine.

However, because of the rapid fluctuation I would assume you'd experience dietary keto-adaptation, but it wouldn't fully set in I think.. I could be wrong, but during true glycogen depletion you're overall mood is distraught until the shift is completed and your body begins to allocate it's cellular currency towards fatty acid oxidation.
    I see...........

started on Monday the 9/11/15.
    I'm full all the time, that never happens.
    been feeling tiered though, no loss of strength, just feels like I have a cold. is that normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xphanial
    started on Monday the 9/11/15. I'm full all the time, that never happens. been feeling tiered though, no loss of strength, just feels like I have a cold. is that normal ?
    Having zero carbs can make you feel, 'blah'.

Are you carbing up on the weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    Having zero carbs can make you feel, 'blah'. Are you carbing up on the weekends?
    Friday night and Saturday. Trying to eat 450g of carb is hella hard >_<
    Have been having headaches to.

Friday night and Saturday. Trying to eat 450g of carb is hella hard >_< Have been having headaches to.

Sorry I should elaborate,

191g fat 65%
    155g pro 30%
    31g carb 5%

2455 cals all up.
    Eating every 3 hours, starting from 6:30am
    Saturday =
    ?% fat
    150g pro
    450g carb
    Really struggling to eat that much rice and spud :/

Sorry I should elaborate, 191g fat 65% 155g pro 30% 31g carb 5% 2455 cals all up. Eating every 3 hours, starting from 6:30am Saturday = ?% fat 150g pro 450g carb Really struggling to eat that much rice and spud :/
    You should keep fats around 50-60 grams on those carb up days.

Are you a diabetic?

Have you ever had your blood glucose measured?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    You should keep fats around 50-60 grams on those carb up days. Are you a diabetic? Have you ever had your blood glucose measured?
    No I'm not diabetic, but have also never had it measured.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    this is awesome thread, I'm 3rd day on 20-25g carbs/day ~2500 kcal/day regimen, today had super-craving and desire of me quitting and getting those cookies loaded with peanut butter, topped with some bananas and get these apples in there, but after every meal that went trough my "face-door" that was just ~10g worth of carbs and sh1tload of fats and protein, cravings disappeared like a bad dream.

I guess my ketosis is taking place as my wife complained of my bad breath smelled like a "wet-dog", and for the last 10hours I've been thirsty as hell .. literally today drank ~4Liters of water, throat feels constantly dry and no matter how much water I take in it doesnt wash it off enough, pissing waterfalls every time I go in to bathroom... yet no headaches..

Day1 and day2, especially day2 - I have been hit with extreme fatigue and brain-fog like I was just thinking wtf am I doing, this cant be good, and then told myself (self talk) I bet this is my body craving for carbs switching to ketosis and wants me to eat all that carb in the kitchen... but I just hit on some games on the PC having some free time to get brain distracted and it worked well... then came the feed time

also, while on low carbs, after meals I stay full for very long, looks like 1-2 times feed a day is going to be the case, and it may be handy with new works planned ahead

Bump!!!

Found it

its the best diet thread EVAR!!!

Stinger910 is offline New Member
    What if you simply don't carb load and stay in ketosis for weeks or even months?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger910
    What if you simply don't carb load and stay in ketosis for weeks or even months?
    Then you would stay/be in keto and not cycle carbs

Stinger910 is offline New Member
    is one more beneficial than the other? or is Carb Cycling just to keep you sane but not quite as effective at burning fat as Keto is, ect?

oh man, I will come out rude as fu*k now, but cmon you're now seated in this amazing thread about this very diet, it all starts at page #1, full of info and answers to all and any questions that may arise, why not to read trough... ? And if you cant be arsed, there's even a search engine here that works miracles on this site
    You should like the answers since you have all these questions

its about finding what works for you, and in a sense - ANY DIET WILL HELP YOU BURN FAT IF USED CORRECTLY

Bumpity bump!!!

Kiltit is offline New Member
    Just adding additional resources to get info from. Dr Dominic D'Agostino, Dr Rhonda Patrick are two excellent sources. Also can check them both out on JRE podcast. Some really excellent material to dig into.
    Just sharing my experience. I do not know how to count macros. I eyeballed my keto experience, had a bad keto flu episode at days 4-7. Minor weight lose the first week. After 45 days I dropped 50lbs. But I was also A little outta shape. 295 down to 245. I kept the diet simple for me and portable. I am fanatical about my dietary supplementation, all my vitamins minerals and fats. So that stayed the same. I completely cut out all my carbs. Breakfast was a huge spoonful of coconut oil and vit/minerals. Lunch was 2 avacatos with garlic salt pepper and hot sauce. Ate dinner at around 6 which was coconut oil, 2-3 hamburger patties(the cheap meat) or 3-4 roasted chicken thighs, steamed vegetables with a quarter stick of butter melted on the veggies.
    The vegetables were always green leafy, broccoli, asparagus cabbage or Brussels sprouts. Meat was always the same and would use mustard on the patties. I know that sounds really bad with two meats, but I like it. It's cheap and easy. I also has a really tight budget to stay in so this was the best bang for my buck. If I felt hungry, I'd eat a spoonful of coconut oil, sour cream, or anything high in fat for a fatbomb to get me through. Mark Sisson has some really good resource material on what foods are good sources of fat. Anyway, always nursing a bad back so other than walking, there was no working out, and all that weight fell off. It was the best I'd felt in yrs. This got me into intermediate fasting,(eating between 4-7pm) giving me roughly 22-24hrs of fasting between meals. Truth is after you become fat adapted, you don't eat. I done several 3 day fasts this year just for the cellular cleansing affect.
    If not for holidays and events throughout the yr, I don't think I'd ever come out of ketosis. When I'm there, I feel so good with energy even if I'm fasting.
    Last edited by Kiltit; 08-27-2017 at 03:47 AM.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Just adding additional resources to get info from. Dr Dominic D'Agostino, Dr Rhonda Patrick are two excellent sources. Also can check them both out on JRE podcast. Some really excellent material to dig into.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiltit View Post
    That's my next JRE podcast I'm going to listen too. Makes doing cardio a breeze, just kinda get lost in how well he conducts those interviews.
    RaginCajun and Kiltit like this.

Yes JRE will pass the time quickly. Dr Patrick has been on the show about 5 times. Might want to have a notebook handy to jot down notes or a time in the podcast to go back to and revisit. Same for Dr D'Agostino and Mark Sisson podcasts. Dr Patrick has a podcast/website "Found My Fitness" with hours of info from hot/cold shock proteins, gene editing through nutrition and everything under the sun dealing with DNA and cellular health. A lot of her podcasts I've listened to several times over which generally takes me into other avenues of bettering my health.
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiltit View Post
    Yes JRE will pass the time quickly. Dr Patrick has been on the show about 5 times. Might want to have a notebook handy to jot down notes or a time in the podcast to go back to and revisit. Same for Dr D'Agostino and Mark Sisson podcasts. Dr Patrick has a podcast/website "Found My Fitness" with hours of info from hot/cold shock proteins, gene editing through nutrition and everything under the sun dealing with DNA and cellular health. A lot of her podcasts I've listened to several times over which generally takes me into other avenues of bettering my health.
    Thanks for sharing that info! I'll get on it. Listening to Dom right now.
    Kiltit likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thread Information