Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.....

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    CARB post workout fri!!!!!!! Woooohoooo!! Love this day!

after my workout im going to take 35g protein and 100g waximaize carb for fast absorbtion. How much carbs after that on fri do i need before bed?

And, sorry TOP , im still not fully understanding carb load quantities for fri night and sat. Whats the formula? how do i calculate this?

Thanks ,
    Chris
    Refer to post #49...TOP

americanoak is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    CONFUSED/FRUSTRATED

This is my 3rd week. Week 1 I lost 5lbs and was not that strict. Weeks 2 and 3 have not lost anything (haven't gained either) and have been very strict. Week 1 my protein source was mainly white meat and tuna and fats came from oils. 2 and 3 switched to red meats, no white or fish. I am going to start a seperate log with pics but why would this be? I was at about 20% BF. I will say that I feel and think I look better and clothes fit better but is that all in my head? My recent ketosis stick had me half way up the chart at 40.

a. was my body shocked by the start of this new diet and starting HIIT cardio week one?
    b. am I gaining more lean muscle so weight isn't moving?
    c. my body just doesn't like red meat?
    d. macros no good?
    e. or is all good and this is what everyone means by "paitence"

2 eggs 143 12.6 0.77 9.9
    1 tablespn Flax oil 130 14
    Cal 273 Protein 12.6 Carbs 0.77 Fat 23.9

W/O

Protein drink 160 40
    Cal 160 Protein 40 Carbs 0 Fat

6oz uncooked beef steak 330 36 20
    1 avocado 276 4 14 25
    Pork Rinds 80 8 5
    Cal 686 Protein 48 Carbs 14 Fat 50

4oz uncooked Ground Beef 288 19.5 22.7
    10g fish oil 150 15
    Cal 438 Protein 19.5 Carbs 0 Fat 37.7

6oz uncooked beef steak 330 36 20
    5 med asparagus 31 2 3 2
    Cal 361 Protein 38 Carbs 3 Fat 22

1 sccop casein protein 110 24 3 0.5
    Cal 110 Protein 24 Carbs 3 Fat 0.5

Cal 2028 Protein 182.1 Carbs 20.77 Fat 134.1
    I would recomend having 0 carbs on monday, or atleast under 10. Make sure you are eating about 10% under your maintence cals and keeping your fat/protein at a ~ 65/35 ratio.

Also if the fish and white meat worked for you why dont you try to eat like that again for the next week and see how it goes. It sounds a little odd, but maybe your body reacts differently to red meat.

Before you started the diet you should have found out your maintence calories so if you didnt then def get those in check

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by americanoak View Post
    I would recomend having 0 carbs on monday, or atleast under 10. Make sure you are eating about 10% under your maintence cals and keeping your fat/protein at a ~ 65/35 ratio.

Also if the fish and white meat worked for you why dont you try to eat like that again for the next week and see how it goes. It sounds a little odd, but maybe your body reacts differently to red meat.

Before you started the diet you should have found out your maintence calories so if you didnt then def get those in check
    TDEE is 2600

I am going to stick with red meat one more week and then go back to white/fish and compare. I am giving this a total of 16 weeks so will keep everyone posted. Today is carb up day!!

baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    Refer to post #49...TOP
    thanks! i tweaked my eating plan for fri and sat. The bagel isle smelled soooo good today!!!

danielli is offline Associate Member
    Hey TOP, looking at your avatar, if those are your abs (or if yours look anything like them) you prob never touch it, but how does beer factor in? TOmorrow is super bowl, and I'll probably have a couple at a super bowl party. SHould I count those as carbs for the load??

Thanks!

crazypat123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danielli View Post
    Hey TOP, looking at your avatar, if those are your abs (or if yours look anything like them) you prob never touch it, but how does beer factor in? TOmorrow is super bowl, and I'll probably have a couple at a super bowl party. SHould I count those as carbs for the load??

Thanks!
    dont drink beer!!! they lower testosterone levels and increase estrogen levels!! maybe have a few shots?

Thanks!
    Yes they are mine, i built them. As far as me drinking alchohol no i dont,i hate the way it taste and what it does to my body.Its harder for me to stay away from other things than alchohol,ive never cared for it like others do. If you wanna drink,drink.And yes count that for your carb load.But like crazypat said it reduces test ,increases estrogen and cortisol and dehydrates the body. If you are on any form of AAS and drink alchohol its very counter productive. If you want the best out of your body i suggest not doing it...TOP

Quote Originally Posted by crazypat123 View Post
    dont drink beer!!! they lower testosterone levels and increase estrogen levels!! maybe have a few shots?
    no rec drugs talk please, marcus300

Quote Originally Posted by crazypat123 View Post
    Yes they are mine, i built them. As far as me drinking alchohol no i dont,i hate the way it taste and what it does to my body.Its harder for me to stay away from other things than alchohol,ive never cared for it like others do. If you wanna drink,drink.And yes count that for your carb load.But like crazypat said it reduces test ,increases estrogen and cortisol and dehydrates the body. If you are on any form of AAS and drink alchohol its very counter productive. If you want the best out of your body i suggest not doing it...TOP
    Thanks guys.

And TOP - great abs man!

i heard somewhere that if your on gear and you drink in can cause a heart attack aswell, dont quote that by me though i dont know if its true

no rec drugs talk please, marcus300

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    no rec drug talk please, marcus300

americanoak is offline Member
    smoking + going to the gym = bad idea

Are any of you guys eating broccoli or cauliflower on ckd? Im taking some vitamin shop multivitamins in the morning. Is that enough to not need vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower?

Thanks ,
    Chris

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    I eat broccoli while on keto. About a cup at a time.

Are any of you guys eating broccoli or cauliflower on ckd? Im taking some vitamin shop multivitamins in the morning. Is that enough to not need vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower?

Thanks ,
    Chris
    Those are the best veggies to eat on keto. High in nutrients and fiber, really no net calories or carbs. Asparagus is a good one too. Really you should be getting all of your allowed carbs from veggies, up to 20g per day after subtracting fiber content. A multivitamin is not enough, you need to eat lots of veggies with any bodybuilding diet, especially keto due to the lack of overall variety. They are also a good way of curbing hunger while maintaining a caloric deficit.

How is a tablespoon of mayo measured properly? do i spoon the mayo and then use a butter knife to straight edge the top? I feel im adding too much mayo to my chicken and tuna

thanks , Chris

How is a tablespoon of mayo measured properly? do i spoon the mayo and then use a butter knife to straight edge the top? I feel im adding too much mayo to my chicken and tuna

thanks , Chris
    Just smooth it on the inner rim of the jar as you pull out. That sounds sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Just smooth it on the inner rim of the jar as you pull out. That sounds sexual.
    Ok , thanks , i was using alittle more than i should have then. it did sound sexual , lol ,

thanks ,
    Chris

What kind of exercises are you guys doing for Fridays full body workout? Isolated? , Compound? , or little of both?

Some compound exercises i was thinking of doing on that day.

Shoulders: Military Press, Hang Clean and Press, Arnold Press

Arms: Close-Grip Chin-Up (w/palms facing toward your face), Dips, Close-Grip Pushup, Twisting Dumbbell Curl

Legs: Barbell Squat, Deadlift, Lunges

Back: Chin-Up, Pull-Down, Deadlift, Row

Chest: Push-Up, Dips, Bench Press

Chris

pissed on some stix this morning and the color was very light. almost negative , what gives? i thought it would be dark as hell by now.

what can i be eating that has enough carbs to slow the keto process?

this is all i eat during the week and i dont cheat

tuna
    mayo
    chicken
    flax seed oil
    medium DD coffee/skim milk/2 sweet and low packets
    2 cups of Tea
    water
    olives
    half cup broccoli
    multivitamin

Show i knock something out?

Thanks , Chris

Nevermind , i pissed on a ketostix 30 minutes after doing 20 minutes of cardio and it was alot darker than the previous tests. Really makes sence though.

Chris

If your stick is remotely showing ,it means you are in ketosis. The stick only shows ketones NOT being used so actually you dont want it to be dark you want it to be barely seen. This would mean you are in ketosis,there isnt to many ketones floating around for it to be acidic,and your body is burning them...TOP

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    No rec drug talk please, ive edited the post's,

Thanks

If your stick is remotely showing ,it means you are in ketosis. The stick only shows ketones NOT being used so actually you dont want it to be dark you want it to be barely seen. This would mean you are in ketosis,there isnt to many ketones floating around for it to be acidic,and your body is burning them...TOP
    thanks Top!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Thanks
    sorry

edgarr is offline Member
    so on my sticks the lightest color says negative and then you have other colors with numbers 5,15,40,80,160 and they say trace, small moderate, large and gradually get darker. So I want to be negative??

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    I am so discouraged. I have been suffering for the past 4 days (18-25 carbs a day) and I bought KetoStix to make sure I was in ketosis -- apparently I'm not, it didn't change color. What happened? What should I do?

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Oh so if the stick is light pink it means I am in ketosis?

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty View Post
    Oh so if the stick is light pink it means I am in ketosis?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    so on my sticks the lightest color says negative and then you have other colors with numbers 5,15,40,80,160 and they say trace, small moderate, large and gradually get darker. So I want to be negative??
    Im beginning to wonder why im still posting,if people arent going to read the entire thread. Ive said it a thousand times ketosis is a side effect of having to low of carbs,it should not be sought after its not that big of a deal. If carbs are limited the body wont have a choice but to use bf for fuel!

To answer the question the best place to be though is low. This means your body is using ketones for fuel. too many ketones showing on the sticks means that your body is making many and dumping them and that can cause the blood to become acidic,this is one of the reasons why when you tell people your on a keto diet they say "isnt that dangerous?"
    Last edited by **TOP**; 02-12-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Thanks
    sorry marcus

....too many ketones showing on the sticks means that your body is making many and dumping them and that can cause the blood to become acidic...
    So now I'm a bit confused TOP. By Wednesday, i'm back into the dark color on the ketostix, shoudl I up my carbs during the week? Right now I'm at about 20-25 max.

Sorry, I never really thought this was a big deal until your last comment.

suprman09 is offline Associate Member
    I have been on keto for about a month now. I notice after my fifth meal of the day I am no longer hungry. Should I try and eat anway? Is my body trying to tell me something? I aim for 50g pro and 20-25g fat per meal. 5'10", 210, unsure BF. 5 to 6 meals a day.

So now I'm a bit confused TOP. By Wednesday, i'm back into the dark color on the ketostix, shoudl I up my carbs during the week? Right now I'm at about 20-25 max.

Sorry, I never really thought this was a big deal until your last comment.
    Over time this could pose to be a problem if you were to stay in ketosis for long periods. Diets like atkins,never had you doing carb ups. The diet was always keto,this is the reason many feel its bad on your kidneys. But because we cycle and carb up ,we are only in ketosis for a limited time. Dont worry your not gonna die.(I hope LOL)...TOP
    Last edited by **TOP**; 02-13-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suprman09 View Post
    I have been on keto for about a month now. I notice after my fifth meal of the day I am no longer hungry. Should I try and eat anway? Is my body trying to tell me something? I aim for 50g pro and 20-25g fat per meal. 5'10", 210, unsure BF. 5 to 6 meals a day.
    This comment has me worried! Are you counting calories or just eating blindly? You cant just eat whenever and expect results. They need to be carefully calculated. Post your diet...TOP

Over time this could pose to be a problem if you were to stay in ketosis for long periods. Diets like atkins,never had you doing carb ups. The diet was always keto,this is the reason many feel its bad on your kidneys. But because we cycle and carb up ,we are only in ketosis for a limited time. Dont worry your not gonna die.(I hope LOL)...TOP
    thanks TOP !!

suprman09 is offline Associate Member
    This comment has me worried! Are you counting calories or just eating blindly? You cant just eat whenever and expect results. They need to be carefully calculated. Post your diet...TOP
    Here is the diet:

I weigh everything uncooked

Meal 1: 8 oz ground beef, 1 slice american cheese- 51p, 21f, 2c

Meal 2: 1.5 scoops ON pro complex, 1/3 cup pistachios, 1 slice cheese- 58p, 25f,11c

Meal 3: 8 oz chicken, 1 slice cheese, 1 oz. peanuts- 56p, 24f, 9c

Meal 4: Meal 1,2, or 3

Meal 5: Meal 1, 2, 3

Average macros a day: 275p, 115f, 45 c,
    Cals: 2315

I should be eating about 2700 cals a day according to my my TDEE-500, but I am just not hungry after my 5th meal. Sometimes I substitute my proteins for tuna and eggs and I adjust the fat content from there. I really aim for 50p and 20-25f a meal. Thanks for the help TOP.

How do people have issues/confusion with this diet?! I put my 28% bf lifting partner on this diet a few days after initially reading Top's post. He's a lazy, fat ex-linebacker who's never dieted - also down 16 lbs. in just under a month, while seeing an increase in his squat/dead-lift unbelievably. The only rules he sticks to is that he counts cals and doesn't eat above his TDEE (minor deficit) and he limits the carb up to healthy food and doesn't use it as an excuse to eat sugary food. That said, he eats plenty of bacon and such, lol.

Just don't over-eat, over-think, or cheat. You will lose weight, you're body won't have a f*ckin choice!

Quote Originally Posted by suprman09 View Post
    Here is the diet:

I weigh everything uncooked

Meal 1: 8 oz ground beef, 1 slice american cheese- 51p, 21f, 2c

Meal 2: 1.5 scoops ON pro complex, 1/3 cup pistachios, 1 slice cheese- 58p, 25f,11c

Meal 3: 8 oz chicken, 1 slice cheese, 1 oz. peanuts- 56p, 24f, 9c

Meal 4: Meal 1,2, or 3

Meal 5: Meal 1, 2, 3

Average macros a day: 275p, 115f, 45 c,
    Cals: 2315

I should be eating about 2700 cals a day according to my my TDEE-500, but I am just not hungry after my 5th meal. Sometimes I substitute my proteins for tuna and eggs and I adjust the fat content from there. I really aim for 50p and 20-25f a meal. Thanks for the help TOP.
    Well first of all your diet is kinda vague you skimp on meals 3,4,5. But if the macros are the same then ok.

For the bad news you obviously didnt read the whole thread, i said your ratio must be fat-60-65% pro 30-35% and whatever is left can be carbs!!You however have
    Fat (45%) Carbs (8%)
    Protein (48%)

This must be fixed in order for it to work! Up the fat lower the protein immediately...TOP

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread Information