Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.....

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by americanoak View Post
    lol ok ok sorry i just like to be extra sure.

Have u ever taken carb cheaters while on this diet? If not, do you know anything about them, would they actually stop the glycogen from being refilled or do they just stop insulin spikes?
    ALA would work just fine. The majority of supplements on the market have a cool picture on the front of the box,and the only way they help you lose weight is reducing the weight of your wallet!! Can you tell im not a supplement guy!!LOL

baddgsx is offline Junior Member
    I cant believe how sick i feel in the stomach doing this CKD diet. Does that feeling go away? first week is probably the hardest?

Chris

americanoak is offline Member
    haha yea i used ot buy alot of supps now i only buy protein powder and creatine. But it takes me about a year ( or more) to go throuhg an entire container of creatine so its not that bad. I also have so glutamine left over and thinking about buying bcaa's to reduce the loss of muscle while on the diet.

But what do u mean by ALA? is that the carb cheater? Are you sure these do work when on the diet?

On your carb up day , fri night and sat. does the body start building muscle? Seems like it would.

Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    I cant believe how sick i feel in the stomach doing this CKD diet. Does that feeling go away? first week is probably the hardest?

Chris
    Perfectly normal,it kinda feels like the flu.This is why most people stop and do not proceed. It gets better. How long you been doing this?

haha yea i used ot buy alot of supps now i only buy protein powder and creatine. But it takes me about a year ( or more) to go throuhg an entire container of creatine so its not that bad. I also have so glutamine left over and thinking about buying bcaa's to reduce the loss of muscle while on the diet.

But what do u mean by ALA? is that the carb cheater? Are you sure these do work when on the diet?
    R-ALA is a potent insulin -mimicking agent. It speeds the removal of glucose (sugar) from the blood AKA Glucose disposal agent!

ahh ok thanks TOP, one more question, prolly not my last either but ive been tyring to dirnk more and more water lately, is it considered drinking water if you put in 0 calorie powders like crystal lite

so if i drank 32 ounces of water of 16 of ti was with the powdered mix would it rly be like i drank 32 oz?

ahh ok thanks TOP, one more question, prolly not my last either but ive been tyring to dirnk more and more water lately, is it considered drinking water if you put in 0 calorie powders like crystal lite

so if i drank 32 ounces of water of 16 of ti was with the powdered mix would it rly be like i drank 32 oz?
    If you drink 32 ounces of water with dog piss in it,its still 32 ounces of water.

makes sense haha

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **TOP** View Post
    If you drink 32 ounces of water with dog piss in it,its still 32 ounces of water.
    this is why i like TOPs posts---u get good info and a good laugh at the same time

Perfectly normal,it kinda feels like the flu.This is why most people stop and do not proceed. It gets better. How long you been doing this?
    Last week I started a low carb diet with only carbs being broccoli and coliflower and sticking with 40 g protein every 3 hours. Scared of loosing my gains. And then I came accross your thread and switched over to ckd. So I was already low on the carbs just needed to increase fats andlower the protein. The mental discomfort hit hard today. Didn't want to work. I'm at the gym now getting ready to start the full body workout. Had a banana an hour ago and have 100g waximaize starch and 50 g protein ready for after workout. Can't wait to feel the carb load. I should look fuller from that, right? Happy carbing guys. It's fri!!!!!!

^Good glad to here you are depleting,you may feel bloated i always do but monday is what i look forward to!! I get amazing pumps and im noticeably stronger!

hey TOP, wife down 13 lbs-in 18 days---her split has been more like 45 pro -50 fat -5 carbs--gonna try and get her more toward 60 /35/ 5 and see what happens

Wonderful to here!! Tell her i said good job im proud of her!!

will do---thanks man

Choppers is offline Associate Member
    I think this definitely deserves Sticky Status.

Big respect Top. Great article and patience with all the follow up answers.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Great thread Top.....

would 4 weeks be a decent amount of time to see results?

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Great thread Top.....

would 4 weeks be a decent amount of time to see results?
    YES,although it will take 2-4 weeks to get it all down to an art form,you would definetly see an dramatic difference. If you plan on doing this i suggest before pics!!! Then do it for 8-10 weeks and take after pics,it would seem you could kick the old you's ass!

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    im just having a look really...i might try it for 4 weeks in the spring....ive changed my diet up a bit this year and going to give it a good go for a few months first.....

YES,although it will take 2-4 weeks to get it all down to an art form,you would definetly see an dramatic difference. If you plan on doing this i suggest before pics!!! Then do it for 8-10 weeks and take after pics,it would seem you could kick the old you's ass!
    is it cool if we post progress pics on here?

Quote Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post
    is it cool if we post progress pics on here?
    Wont bother me a bit,post away!

can milk be used on carb up days?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    this is why i like TOPs posts---u get good info and a good laugh at the same time
    agreed haha

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    can milk be used on carb up days?
    Sure can, just make sure its skim milk ,fat free!
    Last edited by **TOP**; 01-23-2010 at 11:17 AM.

crazypat123 is offline Associate Member
    Great post top

TheUfan is offline New Member
    Aight so I dont post often but I couldnt pass this one up. Been doing this "diet" for 9 weeks. The first 2 weeks were keto only (missed my carbup bc of some bs) the next 7 weeks have been pure CKD. BTW Top is my trainer, and the last 7 weeks Ive also been on my first cycle, 500mg/wk Test-E. My stats are as follows: 5'6" 185lbs 17%bf. At the beginning of this diet I weighed 185 and was at 25% bodyfat at least if not more. Ive went from 37 waist to 32, increased muscle mass and strength. Some of this is obviously from the Test...But this is the easiest diet to follow and keep up with. You see visible results every week and after the carb ups your strength goes through the roof. My diet is closer to the Bodyopus version which is 70% fat 30% pro, 40 calories or less carbs. After week one, you feel amazing on the Fat-pro during the week. So good in fact that you may stop craving carbs altogether. Thats the rub though. This diet is designed to burn fat AND spare muscle mass. Hence the high fat ratios. Really goes against all you've been taught to believe but its phenomenal. I follow this program closely, my weekly caloric intake is 1700+-, this includes, pepperoni, ham, sausage, hotdogs, pork loin, hamburger, steak, fatty fish, dark meat chicken, cheese (lowcarb or nocarb), cream cheese-full fat only, fish oil, canola oil, natural peanut butter (2 TB or less per day), spam lite, full fat mayo. The workout plan is...Do what TOP says! cuz he's my trainer and why pay someone if your not going to do what they say. We workout monday-tuesday, cardio wed-thurs, deplete friday (hopefully am!). First 4 meals 128g dextrose, the rest of the carb-up is ratios of high to low GI carbs ranging from twinkies and little debbies (control!) to bagels and sweet potatoe fries, maybe a pizza thrown in. To me you get better results on monday if you eat through the night but you still get results either way. Read the books if you can find them. TOP knows his sh!t.

hey top, it might be a pain, but if you dont mind, you think you can PM me your diet, Im about 90 pages into the book but it hasnt gotten very much into what exactly to eat yet. I'de just like an example of what ude eat on one of the keto days and then one of the carb days.

Thanks for all the help

edgarr is offline Member
    I have a question about the full body workout. So I workout M-F hitting one body part per day. I hit it hard doing 3 excercises and 3 sets of 6-8 reps with heavy enough weight that I go to failur in 6-8 reps. This has always worked best for me. Usally on Friday I do back so I was thinking that I would skip back on the Sat full body workout. Here is what I did today. First, my pre-workout meal was stil a pro/fat one.

Supersetting everything and 3 sets 10 reps:
    Chest: flat bench and flys
    Arms: Curls and tricep pull downs
    Shoulders: Presses and side lats
    Legs: Leg press and stiff legged dead lifts also hit my calves here
    Abs

I got a real good pump and was able to be done in 40 mins or so. Right after I had a pro/carb meal and will carb up through Sun. What do you think?
    Last edited by edgarr; 01-23-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: forgot

hey top, it might be a pain, but if you dont mind, you think you can PM me your diet, Im about 90 pages into the book but it hasnt gotten very much into what exactly to eat yet. I'de just like an example of what ude eat on one of the keto days and then one of the carb days.

Thanks for all the help
    I do just regular keto foods that are on a keto diet.If you want ideas research the Adtkins diet, its keto. As far as the carb load i use maltodextrin,bagels,corn flakes,rice cakes ive used oatmeal creme pies and other snack foods but do my best to steer clear of FRUCTOSE and SUCROSE at all cost.

There are a few things in the book you have (BODYOPUS) that i disagree with and there are things in lyle mcdonalds book i disagree with.But i ty to take things from each and mold it to fit my own beliefs...TOP

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    i have a question about the full body workout. So i workout m-f hitting one body part per day. you only do 1 bodybart a day? Seems like a waste to me!!i hit it hard doing 3 excercises and 3 sets of 6-8 reps with heavy enough weight that i go to failur in 6-8 reps. This has always worked best for me. Usally on friday i do back so i was thinking that i would skip back on the sat full body workout. Here is what i did today. First, my pre-workout meal was stil a pro/fat one.
    next time eat 2 pieces or so of fruit to get you out of ketosis and also help power the workout.eat it 60 min before your workout.supersetting everything and 3 sets 10 reps:
    Chest: Flat bench and flys
    arms: Curls and tricep pull downs
    shoulders: Presses and side lats
    legs: Leg press and stiff legged dead lifts also hit my calves here
    abs the set up looks ok but i would actually do 3sets of 20 with 2 rotations

i got a real good pump and was able to be done in 40 mins or so. Right after i had a pro/carb meal and will carb up through sun. What do you think? good but if your goals is ultimate fat loss i would cut carbs saturday night then go back keto sunday.

~top~

To "THEUFAN"

Wazzup!!

edgarr is offline Member
    ~top~
    I have a question about the full body workout. So I workout M-F hitting one body part per day. I hit it hard doing 3 excercises and 3 sets of 6-8 reps with heavy enough weight that I go to failur in 6-8 reps. This has always worked best for me. Usally on Friday I do back so I was thinking that I would skip back on the Sat full body workout. Here is what I did today. First, my pre-workout meal was stil a pro/fat one. So I am still taking protein here right, just adding fruit??
    Supersetting everything and 3 sets 10 reps:
    Chest: flat bench and flys
    Arms: Curls and tricep pull downs
    Shoulders: Presses and side lats
    Legs: Leg press and stiff legged dead lifts also hit my calves here
    Abs When you say 2 rotations do you mean then that I would do a total of 6 sets?
    I got a real good pump and was able to be done in 40 mins or so. Right after I had a pro/carb meal and will carb up through Sun. What do you think?
    Yes my goal is fat loss so only one day of carb load?

Yes my goal is fat loss so only one day of carb load?
    Well if you started today its not 1 day of carbs its the rest of friday and all of saturday!

edgarr is offline Member
    Well if you started today its not 1 day of carbs its the rest of friday and all of saturday!
    No, sorry if I am not clear. So all of Friday was still Keto, around 35 grams of carbs only. Sat (today) I started to carb up.

No, sorry if I am not clear. So all of Friday was still Keto, around 35 grams of carbs only. Sat (today) I started to carb up.
    OK sorry i was wrong i thought you started friday,its hard to keep everyones questions straight! You depleted sat so go through all day sat and discontinue sunday night...TOP

oak2429 is offline Associate Member
    what does your workout look like on friday. the fullbody one?

There are a few things in the book you have (BODYOPUS) that i disagree with and there are things in lyle mcdonalds book i disagree with.But i ty to take things from each and mold it to fit my own beliefs...TOP
    things like what? if you dont mind explaining

also what do you eat post workout on the keto days
    Last edited by americanoak; 01-24-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    During the keto-phase; does it matter how many cals above TDEE? With 70% of cals via fat, it's easy to go way over naturally.

things like what? if you dont mind explaining

also what do you eat post workout on the keto days
    ill take a guess and say shake and udos oil??

If i stay true to this diet 100% , how long do you think itll take to get down to single digits from 18-19% body fat?

Chris

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread Information