michael tyson is offline Associate Member

Diet advice needed. Want to gain 15 pounds if possible

26 yrs old 5"11 200 ~12% bf
    1 cycle experience test E 500mg/week
    goals: mass, strength while slowly shredding fat

about to begin a cycle of dbol , test, deca , possibly winny at the end

Here is an example of what I eat now. All of my meals have pretty much the same macros.

meal 1 10am
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    carton pasteurized egg whites
    1 gram fish oil
    56g protein, 27 carbs, 4g fat

meal 2 1pm
    2 cans tuna w/ mustard, pepper
    once slice whole grain bread
    44g protein, 25 carbs, 3g fat

meal 3 4pm
    large chicken breast w/ hot sauce or other low sodium condiment
    1 cup brown rice
    48g protein, 68 carbs, 4g fat

meal 4 7pm
    2 cans tuna w/mustard or hot sauce(or chicken if I'm sick of tuna)
    green beans OR spinach salad
    1 gram fish oil
    44g protein, 15 carbs, 8g fat

**lift like a madman**

post-workout 10pm
    2.5 scoops whey shake
    2 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
    gatorade(something with sugar)
    50g protein, 25g carbs, 9g fat

meal 5 12am
    large chicken breast
    1 cup brown rice
    asparagus (whole bundle)
    48g protein, 75g carbs, 5g fat

TOTALS**UPDATED**
    290g protein, 235 carbs, 33g fat
    2397 cals

My first impression on this diet is I could definitely bump up the carbs and fat to get more calories if needed.

Also, I like to work out late at night so meal 5 could come before I work out some nights. That will mean I do post workout meal and then go to bed an hour or so later. Please critique, rip me a new one, talk trash, whatever it takes to get me in check here. Thanks.
    Last edited by michael tyson; 01-22-2010 at 03:26 PM.

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    yea the calories and ur tdee are important---food choices look good to me

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Good diet bro. Well thought out. You don't need the gatorade PWO. At least several very knowledgeable members on here have convinced me of that and I've seen great gains without the use of simple carbs. If you insist on keeping it in; it won't hinder your goals as it is being consumed PWO after all.

would any diet guru's like to chime in? I am thinking of taking one of my meals up to 1 full cup of rice to increase my carbs a bit. Also would like to add a casein shake to my cottage cheese before bed. Thoughts?

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    that last meal needs work. try a lean beef. also you need more greens imo and sweet potatoes in a bulk are a must imo. I also strongly believe in a minimum of two meals before bed PWO not including shakes.

something like this:

WORKOUT
    shake

eggs/fish/chicken and spinach and efa and sweet potato
    ex. spinach omelet with 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites, sweet potato, efa caps, blueberries

last meal
    lean ground beef 10oz or similar
    asparagus (whole bundle)
    brown rice/sweet potato/low gi carb of your choice

Quote Originally Posted by cryste View Post
    would any diet guru's like to chime in? I am thinking of taking one of my meals up to 1 full cup of rice to increase my carbs a bit. Also would like to add a casein shake to my cottage cheese before bed. Thoughts?
    again im not a guru but it would help if we knew ur tdee and if u would total up the cals

robman11 is offline New Member
    nice good stuff.. i think i can handle 5 shakes for tomorrow.. im going to attempt ur diet if i dont explode first. thx for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    that last meal needs work. try a lean beef. also you need more greens imo and sweet potatoes in a bulk are a must imo. I also strongly believe in a minimum of two meals before bed PWO not including shakes.

something like this:

WORKOUT
    shake

eggs/fish/chicken and spinach and efa and sweet potato
    ex. spinach omelet with 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites, sweet potato, efa caps, blueberries

last meal
    lean ground beef 10oz or similar
    asparagus (whole bundle)
    brown rice/sweet potato/low gi carb of your choice
    OK well like I said, I usually work out late at night so 2 meals PWO isn't going to be possible(hence why I'm probably going to throw in casein shake right before bed). For the last meal you suggested, it is to my knowledge that you shouldn't be eating carbs such as rich right before bed because they are stored as fat while you sleep... Thats why I have protein/fat scheduled for my last meal. Is my thinking correct here?

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    OK well like I said, I usually work out late at night so 2 meals PWO isn't going to be possible(hence why I'm probably going to throw in casein shake right before bed). For the last meal you suggested, it is to my knowledge that you shouldn't be eating carbs such as rich right before bed because they are stored as fat while you sleep... Thats why I have protein/fat scheduled for my last meal. Is my thinking correct here?
    casein is not a meal. You are trying to gain 15 lbs right? eat at night. I eat at night when I am severely cutting. always eat at night!

I feel the pwo meal has its purpose: to replenish what was just lost. SO with only a pwo meal you will replenish what you have lost, however there is nothing left for further progress. not completely true but you should view it that way during a bulk.

when i cut i would eat carbs at midnight---and i workout in the morning

ok, I have added more protein and some carbs to my last meal. I also added the times of day I will most likely be eating these meals based on my lifestyle. I will not work out until 10pm or 11pm a lot of times because of work so on those nights I will try to stay up later and eat another meal before going to bed. I will work out the calories and let you know my tdee when I get some extra time.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    what's your goal with this diet?

what's the daily caloric total?

What's your TDEE?

Goal: As much lean mass as I can get without gaining a lot of fat. I want to look good. Powerlifting body and an HGH gut is not something I'm interested in.

Calories:
    1160pro
    940carb
    297fat
    2397 cals total

TDEE = 2522

MUST EAT MORE CALS!
    Last edited by michael tyson; 01-21-2010 at 11:51 PM.

shoot me a pm to remind me to look over this when i get back from school tonight

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Your food choices look pretty good. Your are going to want to bump up the calories a bit to reach your goal. I would start adding in 200 a week until you get to around the 3000 mark. Being you also want to shed some fat you are going to want to incorporate some cardio. I would suggest 30-40 minutes 5x a week to start. That should help get some fat off of you without hindering your ability to add some quality muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Your food choices look pretty good. Your are going to want to bump up the calories a bit to reach your goal. I would start adding in 200 a week until you get to around the 3000 mark. Being you also want to shed some fat you are going to want to incorporate some cardio. I would suggest 30-40 minutes 5x a week to start. That should help get some fat off of you without hindering your ability to add some quality muscle.
    by cardio do you mean on an empty stomach in the morning? Also, what kind of cardio? moderate cardio like riding a bike, walking at a steady pace for 30 minutes? thanks for the input bro.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Empty stomach or PWO is my preference but if you have to do it another time to fit it into your schedule then do that. What you choose to do is up to you, bike, treadmill ect.. I would be aiming for a constant HR of 130-140. That might be a tad high for some peoples liking but you are only 26 YO and those sessions are not that long.

agreed as always

Empty stomach or PWO is my preference but if you have to do it another time to fit it into your schedule then do that. What you choose to do is up to you, bike, treadmill ect.. I would be aiming for a constant HR of 130-140. That might be a tad high for some peoples liking but you are only 26 YO and those sessions are not that long.
    OP, definitely listen to FireGuy, i can personally attest that he knows his shyt

26 yrs old 5"11 200 ~12% bf
    1 cycle experience test E 500mg/week
    goals: mass, strength while slowly shredding fat

about to begin a cycle of dbol , test, deca , possibly winny at the end
    can you write out the cycle so i can see dosage and durations
    Here is an example of what I eat now. All of my meals have pretty much the same macros.

meal 1 10am
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    carton pasteurized egg whites
    1 gram fish oil
    56g protein, 27 carbs, 4g fat
    i would double the oatmeal and add in either some egg yolks or some more fish oil(eggs are only 100 on the bioavailability scale when the yolk and white are together as each as certain amino acids the other lacks
    meal 2 1pm
    2 cans tuna w/ mustard, pepper
    once slice whole grain bread
    44g protein, 25 carbs, 3g fat
    whole grain is okay, i would go with sweet potatoes or brown rice, but aim for double the carbs as well
    meal 3 4pm
    large chicken breast w/ hot sauce or other low sodium condiment
    1 cup brown rice
    48g protein, 68 carbs, 4g fat
    not bad, needs more good fat though
    meal 4 7pm
    2 cans tuna w/mustard or hot sauce(or chicken if I'm sick of tuna)
    green beans OR spinach salad
    1 gram fish oil
    44g protein, 15 carbs, 8g fat
    this is okay, but i would up the carbs to at least 30g
    **lift like a madman**

post-workout 10pm
    2.5 scoops whey shake
    2 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
    gatorade(something with sugar)
    50g protein, 25g carbs, 9g fat
    double the carbs and cut the PB, you want this to be digested quickly
    meal 5 12am
    large chicken breast
    1 cup brown rice
    asparagus (whole bundle)
    48g protein, 75g carbs, 5g fat
    this meal should be 60 minutes after the shake(whey digests in 45-60 minutes), and if this is before you sleep i would drop carbs out of here, cut to around half and add more fish oil

TOTALS**UPDATED**
    290g protein, 235 carbs, 33g fat
    2397 cals

My first impression on this diet is I could definitely bump up the carbs and fat to get more calories if needed.

Also, I like to work out late at night so meal 5 could come before I work out some nights. That will mean I do post workout meal and then go to bed an hour or so later. Please critique, rip me a new one, talk trash, whatever it takes to get me in check here. Thanks.
    Don't make these changes all at once, but gradually, recalculate your totals and let's see where you end up, then we can fine tune

Cycle:

WEEKS
    1-12 Test E 625mg(1.25ml mon morning, thurs night)
    1-10 deca 450mg(.75ml mon morning, thurs night)
    1-5 dbol 50mg/ED
    11-14 winny 50mg/ED
    11-14 test prop 100mg EOD
    1-14 hCG 500 iu/week(250iu mon morning, thurs night)
    1-18 prami .5mg/day
    1-14 adex .25mg/EOD

PCT 3 days after last shot of prop.
    15-18 clomid 100/50/50/50
    15-18 nolv 40/40/20/20

any clue how much cooked rice it takes to equal a cup of uncooked rice? I have been doing like 2 cups cooked when attempting to measure 1 uncooked.

Thread Information