Help me with my diet....

Ok so i did my bmr/tdee a few times and came up with a close average. My stats are:
    23yrs
    175lbs
    5'11"
    bf% 14-15 was around 18 but cut a little so far.

The calculator says that my bmr has a maint/ is 2890.... Does that seem about right?

If it is right then what would you guys recommend that i cut my calorie intake to? I was thinking 2500 to slowly cut with a good diet of: Broiled/grilled chicken breast, eggs (whites mostly), lean red meat(sirloin), tuna in water... Carbs- sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal/oats, and broccoli and asparagus for greens/carbs.

I was going to do something like a 50/30/20 split being protein/carbs/good fats.... What do you guys think so far? I will post my meal times and amounts when i figure out my work and workout schedule along with cardio morning & night. Critique away guys!

"dirty d"

well i wouldnt do that personally, i love th 40 40 20 ratio, its perfect man.. when im low on crbs my weight room intesity sucks. at 30% carbs that gives you 217gras, i personally believe you need 2grams per body lbs of protien and 2 grams per lbm of carbs to have a good muscle growth enviroment and enough energy to destroy you workouts. i eat maitenancce cals, some say its hard to do but im putting on muscle/strenght and losing bf..

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    u say u been cuttin---that tdee calc aint gonna matter much in ur case---u need to go off the cals u been eatin and what thats been doin for ya

Alright guys thanks. I was thinking 40/40/20 would work i just didn't know if the trade off for less carbs would affect energy and intensity for lifting and what not.
    -mg1228- so what you are saying is maybe my body is used to staying around this weight no matter the calorie intake and i should minimize from that and not the calculations right?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    What's your cardio schedule like?

Quote Originally Posted by "DIRTY D" SANCHEZ View Post
    Alright guys thanks. I was thinking 40/40/20 would work i just didn't know if the trade off for less carbs would affect energy and intensity for lifting and what not.
    -mg1228- so what you are saying is maybe my body is used to staying around this weight no matter the calorie intake and i should minimize from that and not the calculations right?
    yea pretty much---just saying those tdee calculators aint gonna take into consideration that u been eating below tdee for 4 or 5 weeks----so if it says ur tdee is for example 3000 but u been staying at the same weight eatin 2500 cals then ur tdee is 2500 not 3000---so take that into consideration when u set up ur diet

^^^^ perfect thanks man. Also my cardio schedule will be monday-saturday in the morning at 5am for 30 min, and after workouts in the evenings hopefully all of those days if not at least 4 of them. I just moved so this is what i'm hoping will workout with my work schedule. I CAN CHANGE IT IN MOST WAYS BUT I WORK 8-5 AND GET ON THE BUS AT 7AM SO BEFORE AND AFTER THIS IS ALL CLEAR FOR ANYTHING YOU GUYS COULD ADVISE. THANKS GUYS1

"DIRTY D"

if u can do low intensity cardio in the morning for 45 min---and u can do 20 pwo---ive read that it takes ur body 20 min to start burning fat---so u would only be gettin 10 min if u do 30---dont know if thats true but it worked for me----i didnt do cardio pwo either

Hey i really appreciate that man, i've never heard that but it makes sense in theory to me. My body takes 5 to get tired and to actually feed off of itself and its own fat i can imagine it taking 20 min to start that. That helps alot cuz i was wondering how 30 in morning and 30 at night would play. As you said my heart rate should be up post workout so 20-25 after as long as i did the 45 in the morning seems sufficient right? Thanks mg1228! Always got good info or at least in my opinion lol. I'll let y'all know how the cardio situation works out. Thanks again!

"dirty d"

yea sounds good---u could even start out with 45min in the morning and after a few weeks add in the pwo cardio---cause if u start out balls to the walls u have nowhere to go when the fatloss slows except lowering calories--and thats ok but let that b ur last step

Hey thats an even better thought. Also a very good point, where could i go if i start doing and hour and a half a day lol. I appreciate it man. It starts tomorrow so by next week ill know what the schedule and diet will look like exactly. Thanks man ill keep you posted

"dirty d"

cool---good luck

Thread Information