maine_mass is offline New Member

Question early morning pre workout food

I have been going to the gym and working out at 6:30am. My question is would drinking a protien shake be good enough for a pre-workout food? I really hate to eat anything that early in the morning for some reason.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by maine_mass;5057***
    I have been going to the gym and working out at 6:30am. My question is would drinking a protien shake be good enough for a pre-workout food? I really hate to eat anything that early in the morning for some reason.
    I had the exact same problem as you and also workout 1st thing in the morning - 5:30am for me! =)

I think it's important to eat pre-workout no matter what time of day, but ESPECIALLY in the morning. You need to get some food in there and break that fast that sleeping all night caused. On top of that, you need to have readily available energy for the grueling workout ahead.

That said, a protein shake alone isn't going to do anything for you. You definitely need the protein, but you need carbs to help move that protein along and more importantly give you energy for the workout. I do a 1/2 cup of oats at 4:30am + a protein shake. It takes 1.5 minutes in the microwave. I prep it the night before (oats, cinnamon, salt, splenda), then the next morning just add water, pop it in the mic, go take a pi$$ and it's ready by the time i'm done! Now I actually look forward to it, and I think you will too!

Good luck, hope this helps!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I cant stand the "normal" choclate/vanilla shake before a workout. A great alternative is something like cytomax mixed with tasteless whey protein. I taste like a sports drink and it gets you everything you need. check it out

http://www.discountsupplements.com/S...Search=cytomax

Nice...thank you for the suggestions. It is gonna be hard to get up extra early though...but im gonna try it.

skitz1 is offline Junior Member
    I'd strongly suggest some kind of solid carbohydrate prior to a work-out if it's first thing in the morning. You'll be able to put more weight up.

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    i do the shake and oats too---but if u cant do that just put a banana in your shake-- that will cut it down to having to get up 18 sec earlier than u are now, lol----im the same way with my sleep

javerton is offline Associate Member
    2 scoops whey, 1/2 (metric) cup oats. Perfect pre workout combo. Take 20-30 mins before workout.

domeyeahaigh is offline Senior Member
    peanut butter + ezekial and maybe one scoop of some protein or bcaa's....
    creatine shake (size on is rad), caffeine: optional, personally id rather endure all the pain of it with no caffeine.

Thanks guys. I think the bannana and oats in my shake is doing the trick. Not too bad either.

Thread Information