Thread: protein limit

gamemania is offline Junior Member

protein limit

your body can only absorb a finite amount of protein consumed at any one seating. for argument's sake lets say this is 50g. now, what if you consumed four different proteins which have different absorption times: whey isolate, whey concentrates, milk protein isolate, and micellar casein all at once like i have with my protein shake.

Does this mean i would be able to consume a greater amount of protein at one seating because all these proteins will be absorbed at different times?

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    This is simply not true. I don't know where this myth of protein absorption came from. If this was true then i could consume 10,000 calories if protein one sitting and only absorb 200 calories worth. Oh my i think i hit the holy grain of dieting, loosing weight, whilst eating unlimited foods!. Your body will absorb ALL protein that you eat, just like it will carbohydrates and fats.

Your protein groups are incorrect. Whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate have the same absorption rate, as they are the same protein type, where peak blood levels of amino acids are around 60-90min after consumption (thats why i like pre-WO shakes).

Milk protein isolate is 80% micellar casein protein and 20% whey protein. You see when casein gets into your stomach, it reacts with the HCL acid in your stomach and begins to thicken, or curd, just like cheese. It is this process of thickening that slows down absorption. Due to the high presence of micellar protein, the whey protein will curd along side the micellar protein and hence have its absorptions slowed down a bit.

Peak blood plasma levels of amino acids from casein protein peaks at around 4 hours after absorption and continues for another 2 or so hours.

Casein protein is GREAT during the day, i would consume 100g or so of pure milk protein isolate, unflavored, with milk, around 2 or so sittings a day to keep a steady stream of amino acids during the day. The only time i have either pure protein whey isolate or whey concentrate is both before and after training sessions, be it cardio or resistance.

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    Whey protein concentrate is whey protein derived from milk, where milk protein is known as whey protein. Milk has two types of proteins, whey and casein. Whey concentrate, is the whey protein from milk with a majority of the fat and sugar removed. Whey protein isolate is whey concentrate but further proceed to remove virtually all of the fat and sugar. It is the same protein.

Thread Information