ruSsian_Bear is offline New Member

Morning workout diet advice BADLY needed.

I am 1 month away from running my 1st cycle. Researching diet. My question is this: i workout in the mornings. 6:30 start, 30 min cardio followed by 1 hour weights. (Would love to be able to workout in the afternoons but my afternoons are dedicated to spending time with my 2 beautiful kids). There is a 45 min time window from when i wake up to start of workout. What should the pre workout and post workout meal look like??? What should it consist of??? So far all the info i found on this forum and others is breakdowns for people working out afternoons. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    my schedule is just like yours--even down to the 2 beautiful kids

my pre wo meal---1 sc ON 100% casein & 1 scoop ON 100% whey/ 3/4 cup oats with water and splenda/multivitamin/2 fish oil

my pwo meal---2 scoops whey/ 3/4 cup oats with water splenda/2 fish oil----on leg day i will add a banana to the shake

big29rodeo is offline New Member
    Thanks for the advice MG. I was just going to make post asking about doing a pre-workout and post workout shake if you lift early mornings.

no prob----u could do 3 whole eggs 4-5 whites with the oats pre wo if u want---i do that sometimes---makes me too full in the gym though

amostofi1999 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    my schedule is just like yours--even down to the 2 beautiful kids

my pre wo meal---1 sc ON 100% casein & 1 scoop ON 100% whey/ 3/4 cup oats with water and splenda/multivitamin/2 fish oil

my pwo meal---2 scoops whey/ 3/4 cup oats with water splenda/2 fish oil----on leg day i will add a banana to the shake
    why casein in the morning pre-workout?

take that 45min to an hour bfor workout then wo for 1hr 15min--so i just want it to b there for a little longer---imo casein shakes are much more like real food than whey

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    MG - I do my cardio and workout in the morning like you, but I lift first and do cardio immediately after. I have always heard this is better as you don't use up all your energy on cardio and then have a sub-par weight training session.

I'm curious as to why you (and the OP) do cardio first? And also, since you're doing cardio first why not do it on an empty stomach like a lot of people suggest? OR is the pre-workout meal simply the lesser of 2 evils, meaning even though it's counter productive to cardio, you're choosing to eat it for your weight training session?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    MG - I do my cardio and workout in the morning like you, but I lift first and do cardio immediately after. I have always heard this is better as you don't use up all your energy on cardio and then have a sub-par weight training session.

I'm curious as to why you (and the OP) do cardio first? And also, since you're doing cardio first why not do it on an empty stomach like a lot of people suggest? OR is the pre-workout meal simply the lesser of 2 evils, meaning even though it's counter productive to cardio, you're choosing to eat it for your weight training session?
    no--i dont do cardio on weight days---i do am cardio on an empty stomach on non wo days

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    no--i dont do cardio on weight days---i do am cardio on an empty stomach on non wo days
    DOH! Ok, gotcha. So your cardio days and weight training days are completely separate. I wish I could do this, but i'm training 4 days a week now which only leaves me 1 day for just cardio (which I do on an empty stomach). The weekends are MINE damnit!!!

yea---i wo 3 days do cardio 4

jixxxer is offline Associate Member
    I do the same as gbrice75, as I heard its better to do cardio after weights. Im just torn between what to do about meals in that time frame.....should i take in a shake then cardio or wait till cardio is over, which is what ive been doing.....

wait till after cardio

javerton is offline Associate Member
    Just a regular pre workout meal.. 20-30 mins before workout. Could try 2 scoops whey, 1/2 (metric) cup oats in a shake. Works great for me.

over812 is offline Junior Member
    I'm working out in the mornings also, thanks for the advice mg!

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    I'd have a bowl of Corn Flakes w/ skim milk, dead serious

Thread Information