Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    stokedv is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    well the way they were settin up his diet was basically keto---so if u aint gonna eat carbs for an energy source what r u gonna eat---thats right fat----in that post he had protein only in pre wo,pwo and ppwo---that wont work----take a look at the cyclic keto post by top if u want further explanation
    Yeah I read Tops CKD it's awesome...!!
    I agree with you but sont I have enough fat to live of off? like for atleast 2 weeks I really wanna eat really low low low.. , and to make CKD yeah i need to eat carbs on sunday, then workout like crazy 3 first mon,tue,wed, then only cardio thurs then friday hit the gym like never before and eat a carb PWO which most likely be smoked salmon bagel .. make it "cyclic" carbs like TOP describes.. I will do that starting next week.. will eat nothing for now

Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    Its entirely up to you... but I will guarantee with almost 99% certainty that at 40g of carbs in the diet your describing will be a horrible waste of time....
    yeah bro carbs comming up next week for me .. and then only once or twice like "carb-up phase" CKD.. should lose dem fats..

at 28%bf i think u are sensitive to carbs like donuts and pizza--no offense but u said in ur original post ur diet has been terrible over the years----carbs def aint bad if ur eatin the right ones
    It was mostly restaurant food and as I lived in Montreal for most of my life it was really really good food brooo.. like steaks and grilled chicken dishes but all served with fries , some gourmet potatoes, garlic bread with molten brie on top, all the nice condiments..
    and the portions are astonishing.. always had a beer as a drink.. should give you people a nice idea of what I had for lunch every day, never ate breakfast except the weekends... which would also be restaurant or like really bad ... At night I dont even wanna tell you people.. Montreal nightlife is amazing... everything is open all the time
    Now its TOTALLY different and it feels amazing..

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stokedv View Post
    Yeah I read Tops CKD it's awesome...!!
    I agree with you but sont I have enough fat to live of off? like for atleast 2 weeks I really wanna eat really low low low.. , and to make CKD yeah i need to eat carbs on sunday, then workout like crazy 3 first mon,tue,wed, then only cardio thurs then friday hit the gym like never before and eat a carb PWO which most likely be smoked salmon bagel .. make it "cyclic" carbs like TOP describes.. I will do that starting next week.. will eat nothing for now
    the last thing u wanna do is eay low,low,low---ur body will likely hold onto everything and when u start eating again it will most likely store as much as possible---u need to eat like 500 cals back of tdee and work ur ass off on the treadmill---this thing aint happening overnight---just my .02

the last thing u wanna do is eay low,low,low---ur body will likely hold onto everything and when u start eating again it will most likely store as much as possible---u need to eat like 500 cals back of tdee and work ur ass off on the treadmill---this thing aint happening overnight---just my .02
    Yeah treadmill is 6 days a week.. Yeah I will see what the tdee and diet looks like now...

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I am also from Montreal! Though now I live in Virginia

As for any further advice, I'd just say if you choose to do the CKD with a 1-day carb up:

1- Watch hidden carbs. Monday-Saturday just tons of leafy, green veg, a protein source with every meal, and a fat source with every meal (can be excluded if the protein is fatty like a Lamb chop or Filet Mignon, even Salmon). Count cals and carbs like a maniac. Carbs should never be over 20g daily. As for cals, please don't eat more than 800 below your TDEE because I'm afraid if you did that, your body would super-compensate and store fat like crazy when given an opportunity a few days/weeks/months down the road.

2- Proteins high in saturated fat and cheese won't hurt weight loss but stick to the good stuff in terms of fats other than what's coming from your red meat. Now's the time to develop good eating habits.

3- Whether it was carbs or horrible carb sources and timing of carb meals that got you where you are is open to discussion. Let's just assume you are very carb sensitive and go from there. That said, be careful on your carb up and don't use it as an excuse to eat doughnuts, etc. Just stick to complex carbs at first, 1 day maybe 400g, cutting off consumption in the late afternoon. Minimal fat consumption on this day, let the body make the switch to a glucose based fuel. If you see a difference in the mirror and in how clothing fits after a week or 2 but are lacking for energy during the week, try increasing the carbs on your reload day and incorporate some higher GI sources early in the day.

I'm not the CKD expert but have been reading a lot of good material lately and am considering using it in the near future. By all means continue researching but the above are key to success.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I am also from Montreal! Though now I live in Virginia

As for any further advice, I'd just say if you choose to do the CKD with a 1-day carb up:

1- Watch hidden carbs. Monday-Saturday just tons of leafy, green veg, a protein source with every meal, and a fat source with every meal (can be excluded if the protein is fatty like a Lamb chop or Filet Mignon, even Salmon). Count cals and carbs like a maniac. Carbs should never be over 20g daily. As for cals, please don't eat more than 800 below your TDEE because I'm afraid if you did that, your body would super-compensate and store fat like crazy when given an opportunity a few days/weeks/months down the road.

2- Proteins high in saturated fat and cheese won't hurt weight loss but stick to the good stuff in terms of fats other than what's coming from your red meat. Now's the time to develop good eating habits.

3- Whether it was carbs or horrible carb sources and timing of carb meals that got you where you are is open to discussion. Let's just assume you are very carb sensitive and go from there. That said, be careful on your carb up and don't use it as an excuse to eat doughnuts, etc. Just stick to complex carbs at first, 1 day maybe 400g, cutting off consumption in the late afternoon. Minimal fat consumption on this day, let the body make the switch to a glucose based fuel. If you see a difference in the mirror and in how clothing fits after a week or 2 but are lacking for energy during the week, try increasing the carbs on your reload day and incorporate some higher GI sources early in the day.

I'm not the CKD expert but have been reading a lot of good material lately and am considering using it in the near future. By all means continue researching but the above are key to success.
    I live in Edmonton now bro.. it's different now.. I was wearing pants size 38 before I started being sereous (2-3 weeks ago) now all my new pants that I baught size 36 are all small.. before bed last night my waist measured 35" this morning 33 5/8 but every morning I seem to be soooo thinner..
    Thanks for the beautiful advice.. YEah I read labels like a maniac.. my roommates are like wtf dude.. but it works and I feel great

Ok people here some numbers :

My BMR came to : 1823
    I used TDEE exercise indicator of 1.55 that gives TDEE : 2825

Here the calcs let me know if I can work with this ppl .
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    205 - 100%
    x - 28%

57pnd of fat
    205 - 57 = 148LBM

67 LBM in KG

BMR = 1823

TDEE 1823 * 1.55 = 2825
    So I will Eat 2000 cals a day for now 800 from fat 1200 from pro plus all the carbs that would be in veg broc, leafy.. how does that sound?
    Last edited by stokedv; 02-11-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Keto breath is a horrible experience
    One quick tip to help it : ACV
    Yeah drinking ACV is like chugging diesel.. and it destroys your teeth if you don't brush them with a anti acid/basic toothpaste to neutralize the acid...
    I just take a graded shooter put one ounce of this horrible shit and splash it directly into my throat.. you cant freakin breath for like 30 secs while you need to still quickly start brushing your teeth.. its like being in hell drinking satan's jack but hey .. for like 6 hours no ketobrth!!! and i feel so tight because of that thing there's many threads about ACV..

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Ok people here some numbers :

My BMR came to : 1823
    I used TDEE exercise indicator of 1.55 that gives TDEE : 2825

Here the calcs let me know if I can work with this ppl .
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    205 - 100%
    x - 28%

57pnd of fat
    205 - 57 = 148LBM

67 LBM in KG

BMR = 1823

TDEE 1823 * 1.55 = 2825
    So I will Eat 2000 cals a day for now 800 from fat 1200 from pro plus all the carbs that would be in veg broc, leafy.. how does that sound?
    i think it needs to b the other way around---1200 from fat 800 from protein

x2. This diet is based on consuming and burning consumed/stored fat as fuel. You'll speed up the process of getting in and out of ketosis and will prevent eating muscle.

Tnx brotha will build that thing now

x2. This diet is based on consuming and burning consumed/stored fat as fuel. You'll speed up the process of getting in and out of ketosis and will prevent eating muscle.
    thats what im talking about will work with that now ..

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Cardio and diet are going to be your best friend soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by boz88 View Post
    Cardio and diet are going to be your best friend soon lol.
    Already are buddy.. already are..

yungone501 is offline Senior Member

yungone501 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    Im sorry for not posting for a long time... I am so much into this diet thing.. For the past 4 days (since thursday included) My day looked like this:

7 am : 6 eggwhites
    Workout
    12Pm : 1 Chicken breast (10 ounce appprox) with salad, broc, 2 Tbsp EVOO
    4Pm: Tuna can / Baked Tuna patty with veg (120 -150g) + 1 Tbsp whole mayo
    6-7Pm : Half a chicken breast, or ultralean ground beef (baked balls, grilled patty, 8 Oz approx)
    Nothing else...
    Cardio is EVERY DAY post workout 25Min, or on wednesday saturday and sunday it's 45 min with abs and thats it..

The rest of the training looks like this

My Week

Day 1
    chest:
    Benchpress 10 8 8 7
    Bench Flyes 10 8 8 7
    tricep (Rope pulldown, dumbell, other random) 10 8 8 7

Day 2
    Back (Any kind of row, seated) 10 10 9 8
    Dumbell Bentover Row 10 10 9 8
    Biceps 10 9 8 8
    Abs 15 15 15 15

Day 3
    Abs 20 20 20 20
    45 Min Cardio

Day 4
    shoulders
    Barbell Front raise 10 8 8 7
    Military Press 10 8 8 7
    Barbell Upright Row
    whatever you want, stick to 3-4 exercises

Day 5
    Legs
    squats
    extension
    leg curl

day 6
    Cardio 45 Min
    Abs 20 20 20 20

Day 7
    Cardio 45 Min
    Abs 20 20 20 20

I supplement creatine and glutamine drink a ton of water.. No protein shakes yet... I dont want to calculate the macros of this as I know I need to limit myself on food as there is ALOT OF FAT TO LOSE.. The fat is melting tho.. I feel tighter everyday and getting veines out never saw veines on my body before..
    Last edited by stokedv; 02-15-2010 at 11:33 PM.

All I can say is that if you still planning on a long-term CKD set-up until you're where you wanna be; you need to up the fat! Just having rotisserie chicken parts w/ the skin on and doing 80/20 ground beef would probly get your macros right, but I'd just keep ur current diet and up the fat via oils/avocodos. Really, beyond that, I'm probly the one person who thinks your diet is fine. Sure, there's a lot lacking from a bodybuilding perspective but ur losing weight rapidly and that's what's important right now. Good job man. Also, the more cardio the better. Since we're obviously saying muscle-building is a secondary objective here, just do as much cardio as you can stand to do.

Your workout looks pretty good for now. I'd say do both straight-leg and regular dead-lifts. I saw great results when I incorporated these into my routine when still dieting off loose fat. I felt my lower back fat/love-handles disappear very quickly.

All I can say is that if you still planning on a long-term CKD set-up until you're where you wanna be; you need to up the fat! Just having rotisserie chicken parts w/ the skin on and doing 80/20 ground beef would probly get your macros right, but I'd just keep ur current diet and up the fat via oils/avocodos. Really, beyond that, I'm probly the one person who thinks your diet is fine. Sure, there's a lot lacking from a bodybuilding perspective but ur losing weight rapidly and that's what's important right now. Good job man. Also, the more cardio the better. Since we're obviously saying muscle-building is a secondary objective here, just do as much cardio as you can stand to do.
    You're not the only one bro Tnx for your input I do as much cardio as I can eating no carbs is making me really weak and more wimpy during workouts but i still push.. so yeah its melting.. I feel so firm on my stomach never had lower body fat than I have now.. and still many more pounds to go... I will hit waist size 34 by next week at this pace..

Your workout looks pretty good for now. I'd say do both straight-leg and regular dead-lifts. I saw great results when I incorporated these into my routine when still dieting off loose fat. I felt my lower back fat/love-handles disappear very quickly.
    Deadlifts eh.. should I put these in my back or leg days?
    I cant believe I forgot deadlifts..

Forgot to mention that my water intake is insane 1 liter at the gym (before during after) .5 Liter every meal and 2 pots of green tea every day 1L each.. 5 Liters?
    I also drink lots of coke zero and I know its nasty but its the only thing that keeps me in there..
    Last edited by stokedv; 02-16-2010 at 12:53 AM.

I'm definitely losing fat.. and gaining a bit of str!
    I will make pics by the end of the week as you can already see a difference compared to the other pic.. Scale is now 198 .. 7 pounds in 3 weeks..

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    21 Years old
    5'11
    205pnds
    Fatso, with some muscle underneath. I would call 28% please help me determine, I attached pics.
    Gym experience : Always started and stopped, due to stupidity, immature behavior, lack of discipline and commitment... you name it!

Always been moderately fat all my life, due to very poor diet/call-center lifestyle and I've been reading the forums here since i'm 18, without posting, just reading, mostly about gear. Thank god I ended up reading, I was about to sign up for gyno surgery.. had no idea...

So now I want to build a solid cutting diet, CKD style, with maybe 40g of carbs a day MAXIMUM coming from 1 peace of wholewheat bread(not every day) or oats in the morning (15-20g carbs breakfast meal, 50% of daily carb intake, is that ok?) and veggies (mostly broc). As people here are pretty good with predicting bf% I want to calculate my TDEE and stuff. I will be posting my macros right after I get a solid prediction. Electronic scale calls 29%, no pinch test is administered at my gym lol. Never got pinch tested in my life.
    I have been going to the gym 6 times a week for 2 weeks (week 3 now).

Milos Sarcev videos are great, and I will be using formulas and info from Jamyjams sticky.

My goal is to cut 2 pounds a week, for 8 weeks, which should cut me 16 pounds of realistic losses. Then I want to run a cycle, but discussion about that coming up near April. All I can say now is that it's going to be Test E only , with solid PCT and bulk diet.

Thanks and RIP T-MOS, Thanks Jamyjam, Perfectbeast, Musclescience
    Special thanks to Cory (Nark) for his diet info contribution to this forum, I should say he is definitely THE diet guru, you motivated me lots this time bro.

Thanks in advance for the info brothaz! more questions and info to come.
    Attachment 105312

Attachment 105313

Attachment 105314.

S
    Thanks for the kind words mate.

BUMP for a heads up on how you're doing.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    Thanks for the kind words mate.

BUMP for a heads up on how you're doing.
    What a pleasure to see Mr Springer on my post
    I just came back from my cardio, about to eat 5 eggwhites..
    The scale showed 193.6 after 35 mins HIIT on empty stomach..
    I definitely lost some strength but i'm not losing much muscle.. my split as of now looks like this here:

Vlads Week

Day 1
    chest:
    Benchpress 10 8 8 7
    Bench Flyes 10 8 8 7
    tricep (pick 2-3 exercises of your choice) 10 8 8 7
    Cardio 25

Day 2
    Back (rows, seated) 10 10 9 8
    Dumbell Bentover Row 10 10 9 8
    Delts 10 10 9 8
    Biceps (pick two random exercises) 10 9 8 8
    Abs 15 15 15 15
    Cardio 25

Day 3
    Abs 20 20 20 20
    45 Min Cardio

Day 4
    shoulders
    Barbell Front raise 10 8 8 7
    Military Press 10 8 8 7
    Barbell Upright Row
    whatever you want, stick to 3-4 exercises

Day 5
    Legs
    squats
    extension
    leg curl
    same calf stuff as above

day 6
    cardio 45

Day 7
    If I want cardio 45 (and I usually do)

I would HUGELY appreciate some advice on a diet you would think would work best in my case because I'm eating really low low low right now but try to be frequent (4 or 5 times in the day) .. I avoid carbs to the max but still eat them in peanut butter and broccoli.. sometimes, I eat 1 peace of mac's flax bread (17g carbs, whole grain, list of vitamins) in the morning with my eggs and creatine...
    Thanks for your time I appreciate it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information