I could really do with your help- Cutting Diet Critique

guys,

I really need some help coming up with a cutting diet. I have been on a diet (i will explain it below) for 3 weeks and have somehow managed to put on 2lbs. i dont really understand it. My current diet is as follows:

Breakfast (Pre Workout)
    2 Sachets Oats
    1.5 scoops protein

Post Workout
    Rice
    1 Can Tuna

Lunch
    HUGE Salad (about 1lb of salad!)
    2 Chicken Breast

Snack
    2 Scoops Protein

Dinner
    Any veg (nothing starchy though)
    Salmon Fillet or Steak

Bed
    2 Scoops Protein

The nutrient breakdown of the above is (approx.)
    220g Protein
    150g Carbs
    90g Fats
    2290kcals

My stats are:

24yr old, 5'10, 241 lbs, 29.8% Bodyfat (lean mass= 169.2lbs; Body Fat= 71.8lbs)

Weights:
    3 times per week, 45 minutes per workout

Cardio
    -20 minutes post workout, 3x per week
    -1 session a week 'boot camp' (its an hour long, really intense bodyweight/plyometric workout- this is done on a non-weights day)
    -2 other non weights days cardio is done for 30mins on empty stomach

I dont know why I would be putting weight on. I train hard, my cardio is good, and yet nothing is working. I wanted to get down to 190lbs by June but I dont know if that is possible.

Please please help, it is much appreciated.

Thanks

dj_pacman51 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20 View Post
    guys,

I really need some help coming up with a cutting diet. I have been on a diet (i will explain it below) for 3 weeks and have somehow managed to put on 2lbs. i dont really understand it. My current diet is as follows:

Breakfast (Pre Workout)Do 6 egg whites and 2 whole
    2 Sachets Oats Idk what sachet is, but 1/2 cup of raw oats is good
    1.5 scoops proteinSave for PWO

Post Workout
    Rice Drop rice and tuna. Have whey
    1 Can Tuna
    Have a pro/fat meal here in between
    Lunch
    HUGE Salad (about 1lb of salad!)Have a cup of whole grain rice instead or sweet potatoe. Some kinda complex carb
    2 Chicken Breast

Snack
    2 Scoops Protein Stop using shakes as meal replacements Have a pro/fat meal here.

Dinner
    Any veg (nothing starchy though)Only real meal i've seen so far
    Salmon Fillet or Steak

Bed
    2 Scoops ProteinHave 2 tbsp of natty peanut butter

The nutrient breakdown of the above is (approx.)
    220g Protein
    150g Carbs
    90g Fats
    2290kcals

My stats are:

24yr old, 5'10, 241 lbs, 29.8% Bodyfat (lean mass= 169.2lbs; Body Fat= 71.8lbs)

Weights:
    3 times per week, 45 minutes per workout

Cardio
    -20 minutes post workout, 3x per weekTry and shoot for 45 mins low intensity 65-70% max heart rate
    -1 session a week 'boot camp' (its an hour long, really intense bodyweight/plyometric workout- this is done on a non-weights day)
    -2 other non weights days cardio is done for 30mins on empty stomach

I dont know why I would be putting weight on. I train hard, my cardio is good, and yet nothing is working. I wanted to get down to 190lbs by June but I dont know if that is possible.

Please please help, it is much appreciated.

Thanks
    I put my 2 cents in bold. I only saw like one real meal. Shakes aren't meal replacements. Hope this helps. Anybody see any fault in my corrections?

thats awesome man, thanks for the help. the tuna/rice was a proper meal but i supposed whey post workout is the best choice. thanks very much

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    kick the pb before bed if your trying to cut. and use casein pro for that shake if it has to be a shake

Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME View Post
    kick the pb before bed if your trying to cut. and use casein pro for that shake if it has to be a shake
    Aww for real no pb b4 bed? Damn it(Jux bought a big ass jar of it lol). I was always told it was ok with some casein b4 sleep. Y is it bad for a cut?

Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20 View Post
    thats awesome man, thanks for the help. the tuna/rice was a proper meal but i supposed whey post workout is the best choice. thanks very much
    PWO i wouldnt have carbs. SOme ppl swear up and down its beneficial and some say no. I say no, but thats jux me.

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_pacman51 View Post
    Aww for real no pb b4 bed? Damn it(Jux bought a big ass jar of it lol). I was always told it was ok with some casein b4 sleep. Y is it bad for a cut?
    its ok as long as it fits in ur macros---i do it every night

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    need to know ur tdee---use the info below to figure it---also need macros for each meal

make sure u watch the videos at the bottom---imo theyre a must for everyone wanting to learn how to eat

if you have not already done so, post up your stats

height
    bf
    goals.. be specific

please take the time to follow these directions, they will better prepair the both of us for the critique and tweaking of your diet..

you need to figure our your BMR (this is the basal metabolic rate of your body... which means if you were to do nothing all day, ur body would burn these many calories)

once u'v figured out your BMR, u need your TDEE (this is your total daily energy expenditure, it's based upon your activity level)

But first things first, please post up your current diet.. you have to be brutally honest about what you've been eating on average for the last few weeks so i know where your metabolism is at..
    please include macros

MACROS = pro/fat/cal/carb of every meal and a daily total on the bottom
    you can use fitday . com to help you our with this... be as detailed and specific as possible

please include the time of when u eat and the time of your workout

example:

6am pro/carb/fat/cal
    10 egg whites 50/0/0/200
    1/2 cup oats- 3/50/2/218
    53/50/2/418

REMEMBER

1g protien - 4cal
    1g carb - 4cal
    1g fat - 9cal
    1g alcohol - 8cal (some would argue 7)

also tell me what your workout reg is...

BMR formula #1 (if you bf is high, use this one... you need an accurate bf reading)

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

in order to figure out your bmr, you need to know what your lean body mass is.. so, in turn, u need to know what your body fat percentage is...

if you dont know your bodyfat percentage, go to your gym and get tested (please dont use electronic scales to get your bf checked, they're horrible)

if you cannot find a gym to get tested at, please post up a picture for estimates, we're pretty good at it (you also have the option of pming it to me if you have more then 25 posts)

Total weight x bf in decimel form = total bf weight

Total weight - total bf weight = total lean body mass

if your total lean body mass is in lbs, u can divide it by 2.2 to get it in kilograms..

for example..

i am 6'4 275lbs at 14% bf... so i would multiply 275 by .14 (converted from percent to decimal)= 38.5lbs

275 - 38.5 = 236.5lbs lean body weight

236.5 / 2.2 = 107.5 lean mass in kg

370 + (21.6 x 107.5) = 2692 BMR (this is high for the average person, im a big guy)

BMR formula #2 (only to be used if your bf is low)

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

female BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )

TDEE

Once u have you bmr, u need to calculate your TDEE, this is simply done with some multiplication...

you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

I should also give you an idea of what dieting should look like... you need to make sure every last calorie you take in isn't an empty calorie... every time you eat you should be eating with a purpose which is to fuel your body for growth and fat loss (predicated on your goals)...

Good meats/protien to eat..

Chicken Breast
    Turkey Breast
    Eggs/Egg Whites
    Bison/Deer Meat
    93% and up lean beef (ground beef, roast beef, london broil are just a few examples)
    Fish (tuna, salmon, talipa etc..)
    Whey (PWO ONLY)
    Casien (BEDTIME ONLY)

Good Complex Carbs

Oats (not that instant crap, all natural steel cut/rolled oats)
    Sweet potatos
    Yams
    Wheat Bread (no, not the enriched type)
    Ezekiel Bread
    Glutin Free Bread

Good Essential Fatty Acids

Almonds
    Avocado (my fav)
    Cashews
    EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
    Fish Oil

You can google endless more where that came from.. get creative..

Also, try to seperate your pro/carb and pro/fat meals, usually leaving your pro/fat meals for bedtime... Beefs should be eaten closer to bed time and usually falls between the last and second to last meal

PROTIEN SHAKES (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CASIEN SHAKES) SHOULD BE CONSUMED POST WORKOUT ONLY!!!!!! DO NOT CHEAT YOURSELF BY REPLACING A MEAL WITH PROTIEN SHAKE, THEY DO 1/8 OF WHAT REAL FOOD WILL DO FOR YOU IN ITS PLACE...

Below are links to a great series of diet/nutritional vidoes that will give you a better idea as to what dieting is. Please remember that Milos only gives you a standard diet while we are trying to CUSTOMIZE one with you. This is why we need your BMR/TDEE and MACROS

Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition

So you wanna learn how to Diet?

You can run a great many types of diets.. low carb, high carb, carb cycle, keto, etc.... there is no ONE right way.. the best thing you can do is pick one and stick to it while paying attention to how your body is reacting to it... some people are carb sensetive, some are not... you'll have to find out yourself

MICROCALIBRATION - Microcalibration is a must for dieting.. usually based upon your goals you will be set either 500 calories above or below your TDEE. This is a starting point and you need to be checking yourself by weight or measurment every week to scale how your body reacts..

try to remember that dieting is not an overnight thing.. it takes time and patience....

Thread Information