JBarron is offline Member

Question about diet.

Ok I eat pretty heavy, I've been clean bulking the past few months. Anyways, some days I will notice that I wake up and I will have a huge breakfast, like today for instance. 1 8oz steak, 2 eggs, 4 egg whites, 2 pieces whole wheat bread (big slices), 1 banana, 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter, 1 scoop whey protein, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 3 cups of milk.

Now I'm force feeding myself the last few bites of steak and eggs, I eat it for breakfast everyday almost. However, on a day like today I got hungry maybe 1 hour after i ate all that, like literally stomach growling hungry. This only happens on certain days, most days I'm fine for about 3 4 hours.

Why is this? Same routine everyday, but somedays I just get really hungry after big meal.

Cliffs
    -Eat big ass breakfast everyday
    -Most days the breakfast meal keeps me full for 3-4 hours
    -However somedays I get hungry just 1 hour later
    -Why is that?

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarron View Post
    Ok I eat pretty heavy, I've been clean bulking the past few months. Anyways, some days I will notice that I wake up and I will have a huge breakfast, like today for instance. 1 8oz steak, 2 eggs, 4 egg whites, 2 pieces whole wheat bread (big slices), 1 banana, 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter, 1 scoop whey protein, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and 3 cups of milk.

Now I'm force feeding myself the last few bites of steak and eggs, I eat it for breakfast everyday almost. However, on a day like today I got hungry maybe 1 hour after i ate all that, like literally stomach growling hungry. This only happens on certain days, most days I'm fine for about 3 4 hours.

Why is this? Same routine everyday, but somedays I just get really hungry after big meal.

Cliffs
    -Eat big ass breakfast everyday
    -Most days the breakfast meal keeps me full for 3-4 hours
    -However somedays I get hungry just 1 hour later
    -Why is that?

interesting,i know you say you have same routine everyday but does your hunger coincide either the day of or day after with say leg routine or any other bodypart or is the days you are very hungry just happen randomly? I know on the days i do cardio i am hungry all day.

So far it's been pretty random, Idk if it has something to do with what I ate the night before (which is usually the same amount of food each night). It doesn't bother me to much cuz I kind of look at it like, well if i'm getting hungry that quick maybe my muscles and body need the nutrients cuz they are wanting to rebuild.

Thanks for the reply, i know it's not an easy question to answer lol.

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    dam--that breakfast looks like 1400-1500 cals---wish i could eat like that

Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    dam--that breakfast looks like 1400-1500 cals---wish i could eat like that
    Yeah I always load up pretty good on breakfast, cuz i don't get to eat again untill around 2 or 3pm cuz of work. It's not very easy for me I'm severely force feeding myself the last few bites lol. But that's what gets me somedays I eat like that, and stomach is rumbling in about an hour in a half. I'm thinking maybe I don't have enough slow digestive food in that meal, idk.
    Last edited by JBarron; 03-13-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Yeah I always load up pretty good on breakfast, cuz i don't get to eat again untill around 2 or 3pm cuz of work. It's not very easy for me I'm severely force feeding myself the last few bites lol. But that's what gets me somedays I eat like that, and stomach is rumbling in about an hour in a half. I'm thinking maybe I don't have enough slow digestive food in that meal, idk.
    ^^^^ is that a recent pic of you? Looks like you got plenty in there to keep you full,plenty of fat! you could try to take out the banana, ww bread and replace with something like steel cut oats and see how that works for ya. What type of work do you do? So there is no way you can bag some chicken breast or turkey cutlets and keep on you? Or even some mrp bars? Im not big on tha bars but up to about a year ago i used to have to use them at work,just find you a good 1 with good nutritional content.

Picture is about 1 month old, I've put on about 5 more pounds since then.

Yeah I have some oats, I just thought they digested about faster then anything, unless the steal cut oats you mention are different. And I am a waiter, and when we get busy I really have no time to stop and eat, and I've been caught stealing food thousands of times lol.

I do sometimes take in cans of tuna or an apple, I also drink about 2 pitchers of water throughout the work shift, to try and keep a full stomach. So far since the first post the last two days I've been good on stayin full after my breakfast.

I drink 1 big glass of milk and 1 big glass of water before I eat anything, so I don't eat quite as much, but I'm stayin full :-)

Picture is about 1 month old, I've put on about 5 more pounds since then.

Yeah I have some oats, I just thought they digested about faster then anything, unless the steal cut oats you mention are different. And I am a waiter, and when we get busy I really have no time to stop and eat, and I've been caught stealing food thousands of times lol.

I do sometimes take in cans of tuna or an apple, I also drink about 2 pitchers of water throughout the work shift, to try and keep a full stomach. So far since the first post the last two days I've been good on stayin full after my breakfast.

I drink 1 big glass of milk and 1 big glass of water before I eat anything, so I don't eat quite as much, but I'm stayin full :-)
    yeah bro i understand how in your line of work you are very pressed for time,i would just get it in where i could fit it in,the reason i mentioned the oats is that it should digest slower than your ww bread and banana and might be a little more filling and yes steal cut oats digest a little slower than regular rolled oats.

Awesome thanks for the info bro, can you only buy these online? Or do they have them at walmart or anything?

well in my area walmart used to carry them but dont anymore so get the steel cuts from HEB,Whole foods and any type of grocery store that sells health/organic foods.

Thread Information