Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member

Help with diet-Trying to lose

32 years old
    6'0"
    245lbs
    18.5% BF-Had it checked by my trainer.

Right now I am on an Hdrol cycle(3.5 weeks left) and I am trying to lose some fat. I am having a real hard time losing the weight. Go to the gym 6 days a week to lift and I do cardio everytime I am there. Usually about 20 minutes. Either 20 minutes stair climber, 20 minutes eliptical, or 20 minutes run/walk on the treadmill at a 8.0 and 4.0.

Below is a few days worth of food log that I have been logging for my cycle at another forum.

I will say that I seem to put weight on very quickly when I get off my diet and eat alot of carbs.

Last year I went from 276lbs(March 09) to 225lbs(October 09). Got off my diet with youth football and put 20lbs back on in about two months. Since January 2010 I started back up and am trying to lose it all again. This time I am not quitting when its football season. I am completely fed up with my body and am ready for the change. Got a nice vacation planned in August with a bunch of couple and I don't want to be the only beached whale in the group. So please help a guy out.

Below is a few days worth of food log. I workout after work so its usually around 6:00 or a little later before I get to the gym Between weight and cardio I am usually there 1.5 to 1.75 hours. Thanks in advance for the diet.

I also saw the sticky thread with the sample cut diet that I am looking into also.

DIET
    2 eggs
    4 oz. chicken
    1/2 tomato

6 oz. chicken
    1 scoop of whey

6" grilled chicken sub from Subway

4 oz. chicken
    1 scoop of whey

1 scoop of whey
    WORKOUT

1 scoop of whey

6 oz. chicken
    1/4 cup grated cheese
    Lavash bread

DIET

Vegetable soup-Times are rough(LOL)

1 scoop of whey
    6 oz. chicken

8 oz. chicken

4 oz. chicken
    1 scoop of whey

1 scoop of whey

WORKOUT

2 scoops of whey

I know my diet is not real good right now. Not getting enough solid food. Just have not went to the grocery store. Trying to stretch a dollar

Hamburger patty-1/2 red meat and 1/2 deer meat. Probably 8 oz.
    6oz chicken
    1 scoop of whey
    Hamburger patty on wheat bun with slice of cheese
    4 oz. chicken
    1 scoop of whey
    1 scoop of whey
    WORKOUT
    1 scoop of whey
    6 oz. chicken
    1 Lavash bread
    3 Tbsp of wholly guacamole
    1/4 cup low fat grated cheese

DIET
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    1 serving turkey sausage
    1 low carb tortilla

5 oz. chicken
    Fiber One Bar
    1 scoop of protein

Turkey wrap for Jasons Deli(359 calories)

4 oz. chicken
    1 scoop of whey

1 scoop of whey
    5 oz. chicken

WORKOUT

2 scoops of whey

DIET
    5oz. chicken
    Low carb tortilla
    1/4 cup low fat grated cheese

1 scoop of whey
    Apple
    1/2 cup of egg beaters
    1 serving turkey sausage
    2 whole wheat waffles

2 sclices whole wheat toast
    2 cans tuna
    1 low fat cheese slice

1 scoop of whey
    2 sclices whole wheat toast
    2 Tbsp low fat peanut butter
    Nature Valley Granola Bar

WORKOUT

2 scoops of whey-post workout

12 pieces of Sushi roll

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    ur diet is all over the place---diet at the top has no carbs or fat---the other days do--idk

come up with a diet at a 40/40/20 split and post it--btw omit all whey shakes except pwo

need to know ur tdee---use the info below to figure it---also need macros for each meal

make sure u watch the videos at the bottom---imo theyre a must for everyone wanting to learn how to eat

if you have not already done so, post up your stats

height
    bf
    goals.. be specific

please take the time to follow these directions, they will better prepair the both of us for the critique and tweaking of your diet..

you need to figure our your BMR (this is the basal metabolic rate of your body... which means if you were to do nothing all day, ur body would burn these many calories)

once u'v figured out your BMR, u need your TDEE (this is your total daily energy expenditure, it's based upon your activity level)

But first things first, please post up your current diet.. you have to be brutally honest about what you've been eating on average for the last few weeks so i know where your metabolism is at..
    please include macros

MACROS = pro/fat/cal/carb of every meal and a daily total on the bottom
    you can use fitday . com to help you our with this... be as detailed and specific as possible

please include the time of when u eat and the time of your workout

example:

6am pro/carb/fat/cal
    10 egg whites 50/0/0/200
    1/2 cup oats- 3/50/2/218
    53/50/2/418

REMEMBER

1g protien - 4cal
    1g carb - 4cal
    1g fat - 9cal
    1g alcohol - 8cal (some would argue 7)

also tell me what your workout reg is...

BMR formula #1 (if you bf is high, use this one... you need an accurate bf reading)

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

in order to figure out your bmr, you need to know what your lean body mass is.. so, in turn, u need to know what your body fat percentage is...

if you dont know your bodyfat percentage, go to your gym and get tested (please dont use electronic scales to get your bf checked, they're horrible)

if you cannot find a gym to get tested at, please post up a picture for estimates, we're pretty good at it (you also have the option of pming it to me if you have more then 25 posts)

Total weight x bf in decimel form = total bf weight

Total weight - total bf weight = total lean body mass

if your total lean body mass is in lbs, u can divide it by 2.2 to get it in kilograms..

for example..

i am 6'4 275lbs at 14% bf... so i would multiply 275 by .14 (converted from percent to decimal)= 38.5lbs

275 - 38.5 = 236.5lbs lean body weight

236.5 / 2.2 = 107.5 lean mass in kg

370 + (21.6 x 107.5) = 2692 BMR (this is high for the average person, im a big guy)

BMR formula #2 (only to be used if your bf is low)

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

female BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )

TDEE

Once u have you bmr, u need to calculate your TDEE, this is simply done with some multiplication...

you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

I should also give you an idea of what dieting should look like... you need to make sure every last calorie you take in isn't an empty calorie... every time you eat you should be eating with a purpose which is to fuel your body for growth and fat loss (predicated on your goals)...

Good meats/protien to eat..

Chicken Breast
    Turkey Breast
    Eggs/Egg Whites
    Bison/Deer Meat
    93% and up lean beef (ground beef, roast beef, london broil are just a few examples)
    Fish (tuna, salmon, talipa etc..)
    Whey (PWO ONLY)
    Casien (BEDTIME ONLY)

Good Complex Carbs

Oats (not that instant crap, all natural steel cut/rolled oats)
    Sweet potatos
    Yams
    Wheat Bread (no, not the enriched type)
    Ezekiel Bread
    Glutin Free Bread

Good Essential Fatty Acids

Almonds
    Avocado (my fav)
    Cashews
    EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
    Fish Oil

You can google endless more where that came from.. get creative..

Also, try to seperate your pro/carb and pro/fat meals, usually leaving your pro/fat meals for bedtime... Beefs should be eaten closer to bed time and usually falls between the last and second to last meal

PROTIEN SHAKES (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CASIEN SHAKES) SHOULD BE CONSUMED POST WORKOUT ONLY!!!!!! DO NOT CHEAT YOURSELF BY REPLACING A MEAL WITH PROTIEN SHAKE, THEY DO 1/8 OF WHAT REAL FOOD WILL DO FOR YOU IN ITS PLACE...

Below are links to a great series of diet/nutritional vidoes that will give you a better idea as to what dieting is. Please remember that Milos only gives you a standard diet while we are trying to CUSTOMIZE one with you. This is why we need your BMR/TDEE and MACROS

Milos Sarcev "Secret of the Pro's" on Nutrition

So you wanna learn how to Diet?

You can run a great many types of diets.. low carb, high carb, carb cycle, keto, etc.... there is no ONE right way.. the best thing you can do is pick one and stick to it while paying attention to how your body is reacting to it... some people are carb sensetive, some are not... you'll have to find out yourself

MICROCALIBRATION - Microcalibration is a must for dieting.. usually based upon your goals you will be set either 500 calories above or below your TDEE. This is a starting point and you need to be checking yourself by weight or measurment every week to scale how your body reacts..

try to remember that dieting is not an overnight thing.. it takes time and patience....

Thanks for the information. I did post my stats in my post above.

I figured up the following:

BMR 2333
    TDEE 3616

I will have to spend some time trying to go back and figure my calories and macros for the past 3 weeks. I have everything wrote down in a log on another forum. I used to use Bodybugg, but let my subscription go out. I really liked the ease of that program. I have tried fitday before but find it not as user friendly.

Give me some time to see what I can do about the macros and calories of the past few weeks.

I am going to check out the videos you linked up.

Thanks again and I appreciate the help. Look forward to reading more.

make sure you watch all videos---dont look for the macros---just come up with a new diet--in a 40/40/20 split---that u think u can stick to and we will help u tweak it--

what u were eating was no good anyway---need new diet---watch the videos and then repost new diet

btw 40/40/20 split means 40% of ur daily cals come from protein 40% from complex carbs and the remaining 20% from good fats
    Last edited by mg1228; 03-18-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Okay. I will watch them tonight. I do know that my body does not do well with carbs. I put weight on really fast when I eat carbs. Oh and you asked for a picture so here it is.

These were taken 16 days ago when I started my Hdrol cycle. I haven't taken any new pictures, but I do know that the scale number has not changed. But I do see changes in the mirror.

well if u dont eat carbs for a few days and then eat carbs at all u will gain water weight--by what u listed above like i said it was all over the place

u gotta set up a diet and stick to it---u cant go back and forth like u were

yea watch the videos and u will get alot better idea of how u need to eat---and we will go from there---videos r like 1 hour long total

I have 3 more videos to watch and plan on finishing those this afternoon. I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Do I count my PWO shake towards my protein intake for the day?
    2. I tend to workout usually between 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Not that full time, but it usually ends no later than 8:30 depending on what time I start. So do I need to do a shake and then eat a meal that late, or just do the shake?
    3. One more...my current eating schedule is 7:30 AM, 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 3:30 PM, I leave from work at 5:00 PM so I really don't have time for a meal prior to my workout. But that seems like a long time between meals if my last meal is at 3:30 and my workouts end so late. What should I do there? Do I try and squeeze something in and go to the gym on a full stomach?

Quote Originally Posted by NOSUPERMODEL View Post
    I have 3 more videos to watch and plan on finishing those this afternoon. I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Do I count my PWO shake towards my protein intake for the day?yes
    2. I tend to workout usually between 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Not that full time, but it usually ends no later than 8:30 depending on what time I start. So do I need to do a shake and then eat a meal that late, or just do the shake?u could just do the meal and no shake--or shake then meal
    3. One more...my current eating schedule is 7:30 AM, 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 3:30 PM, I leave from work at 5:00 PM so I really don't have time for a meal prior to my workout. But that seems like a long time between meals if my last meal is at 3:30 and my workouts end so late. What should I do there? Do I try and squeeze something in and go to the gym on a full stomach?yes squeeze something in--at least a shake and some oats--u wont b too full with that

Okay so do I base my calories off of my BMR or do I go below that? Here is kind of my schedule. Wake up at 5:30 at work by 7:00. Eat at 7:30, 10:00, 12:00,3:30, workout from 6 to 8, PWO shake at 8:15, light meal around 9:00. Usually get in bed about 10:30 and go to sleep between 11:00 and 11:30. From what I understood through the videos I am an endomorph body type which means i need to keep my carbs around 100 grams. I want to gain some muscle so I need to eat 1.5 grams per pound. That means I need about 375 grams. If I want to lose weight and keep muscle is that correct. My ultimate goal would be around 210 pounds and 10-12% BF. Working on figuring my dirt right now. He said I could have simple carbs post workout. Can you give me an example. I already take BCAA before and after workout. Thanks for the help.

So here is the diet I came up with. Already looking for another protein source for breakfast because it was very difficult for me to eat that much egg. We only have a microwave at my office so my options are limited.

BMR=2333
    TDEE=3616

7:00 AM CAL. PRO. CARB FAT
    3 Eggs 210 18 0 12
    1.5 c of Egg Whites 180 36 6 0
    1 Packet plain Oatmeal 100 4 19 2

9:30 AM
    2 Pouches of Tuna 330 36 2 20
    1 cup veggies 40 2 8 0
    1/2 cup brown rice 115 2.5 20 1.75

12:00 PM
    8 oz. chicken 200 48 0 2
    1 cup veggies 40 2 8 0
    1 cup brown rice 230 5 40 3.5

2:30 PM
    6 oz. chicken 150 36 0 1.5

5:00 PM
    2 scoops of casien 240 48 6 0

WORKOUT FROM 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM

8:15 PM-Post Workout

2 scoops of whey 240 48 6 0

9:00 PM
    8 oz. chicken 200 48 0 2
    1 cup veggie 40 2 8 0
    2Tbsp of Natty PB 210 7 6 16

TOTALS 2985 352.5 209 67.75

PERCENTAGES 47% 28% 20%

I will probably be substituting the lean meats with lean ground beef, ground turkey, fish and lean steak. The serving size will remain the same, but the macros may change somewhat.

Let me know what you think. Kind of wish I could figure something out for the 5:00 meal other than the shake, but that is when I leave work so I would be driving. Just made it seem easy.

Please give me any advice.
    Last edited by NOSUPERMODEL; 03-23-2010 at 02:08 PM.

nk92mi is offline Junior Member
    Good Complex Carbs

Oats (not that instant crap, all natural steel cut/rolled oats)
    Sweet potatos
    Yams
    Wheat Bread (no, not the enriched type)
    Ezekiel Bread
    Glutin Free Bread
    Quinoa
    Brown Rice

nk92mi is offline Junior Member
    i have about the same goals as you. my thing is that i usually drink on saturdays, a lot! i have cut it out during the week. i am finding out that the more i keep track of what goes in my mouth, the more i can cut weight. i am not hitting any weights right now but running about 8 miles a week, 4 miles at a time. i am getting over tendonitis so havent been in the gym since august! there are also some great recipes for using your protein powder in different ways, like pancakes, muffins, waffles.

I forgot to post up my workout schedule

Legs/Back
    Chest/Shoulders
    Triceps/Biceps
    Legs/Back
    Chest/Shoulders
    Triceps/Biceps

I usually do about 4-5 exercises for each muscle group and do about 4 sets at each exercise. So I am getting between 16-20 sets per muscle group. Sometimes I might superset some exercises. Like DB bench supersetted with DB flies. I workout with a trainer twice a week and he does mainly Strength and Endurance exercises with me. I only allow 45-60 seconds rest between my sets. I usually progress the weights with each set. For example-DB chest press-60x12, 75x12, 90x12, 100x12

I do 20 minutes of cardio every day. Either stair climber at a 7 or I do the eliptical at an incline of 7 and resistance of 3. Or I do the treadmill where I run a minute at 8.0 and then walk a minute for 4.0.

I also do abs everyday. Either 300 crunches different variety. Or I do planks and core exercises to hit the obliques.

So here is the diet I came up with. Already looking for another protein source for breakfast because it was very difficult for me to eat that much egg. We only have a microwave at my office so my options are limited.

BMR=2333
    TDEE=3616

3 Eggs 210 18 0 12

2 Pouches of Tuna 330 36 2 20add 1/2 cup oats
    1 cup veggies

8 oz. chicken 200 48 0 48good
    1 cup veggies

6 oz. chicken 150 36 0 1.5drop the apple--add oats or sweet potato
    1 apple

2 scoops of whey 240 48 6 0if u got some casein it would b better

2 scoops of whey 240 48 6 0add a complex carb--i obviously like oats

8 oz. chicken 200 48 0 2add a good fat source--natty pb, udos oil,avocado--ur choice
    1 cup veggie

TOTALS 2310 332 119 46.5

PERCENTAGES 57.5% 20.5% 18%

I will probably be substituting the lean meats with lean ground beef, ground turkey, fish and lean steak. The serving size will remain the same, but the macros may change somewhat.

Let me know what you think. Kind of wish I could figure something out for the 5:00 meal other than the shake, but that is when I leave work so I would be driving. Just made it seem easy.

see bold---make the changes and updat cals and macros and let us know

Quote Originally Posted by nosupermodel View Post
    i forgot to post up my workout schedule

legs/back
    chest/shoulders
    triceps/biceps
    legs/back
    chest/shoulders
    triceps/biceps

i usually do about 4-5 exercises for each muscle group and do about 4 sets at each exercise. So i am getting between 16-20 sets per muscle group. Sometimes i might superset some exercises. Like db bench supersetted with db flies. I workout with a trainer twice a week and he does mainly strength and endurance exercises with me. I only allow 45-60 seconds rest between my sets. I usually progress the weights with each set. For example-db chest press-60x12, 75x12, 90x12, 100x12

i do 20 minutes of cardio every day. Either stair climber at a 7 or i do the eliptical at an incline of 7 and resistance of 3. Or i do the treadmill where i run a minute at 8.0 and then walk a minute for 4.0.try to do 45 min--do u do cardio pwo or at another time?

i also do abs everyday. Either 300 crunches different variety. Or i do planks and core exercises to hit the obliques.good news---quit doin these and put the time towards cardio
    [b]

I usually do the cardio after I lift weights.

I will make the changes in the bold to the diet, but it kind of worries me about adding the extra carbs into the diet. The videos said that endomorphs are supposed to have around 100 grams of carbs a day. That would just be adding carbs wouldn't?

Also you note to add complex carb post workout, but he mentions in the videos to eat a simple carb.

Also, do you have any other suggestion for protein in the morning to replace just some of the eggs?

Another thing that worries me about the carbs throughout the day is that I have a desk job. I own a construction company with my dad and I basically take jobs off all day long. So not alot of movement during the day. If I get any its to drive to a job and get out and walk the job to check on it. I would hate to have those carbs just be sitting there all day being stored as fat.

HeavyL is offline Junior Member
    I would like to know the answer's to the last couple of questions as well

I usually do the cardio after I lift weights.ok--well try to do atleast 30 min--the more u do the more fat u burn

I will make the changes in the bold to the diet, but it kind of worries me about adding the extra carbs into the diet. The videos said that endomorphs are supposed to have around 100 grams of carbs a day. That would just be adding carbs wouldn't?didnt really add any--replaced apple--and i like carbs pwo--u could do a good fat source pwo if u want--u eat like this and i guarantee u cut fat

Also you note to add complex carb post workout, but he mentions in the videos to eat a simple carb. when cutting i dont recommend it--im bulking now and i still do complex--those videos are to help u get an idea of how and when u need to eat--dont have to follow it to a T

Also, do you have any other suggestion for protein in the morning to replace just some of the eggs?any lean protein source u want---eggs digest faster than most proteins--so thats good first thing
    see bold---redo macros and cals with the changes and see what it looks like

I will redo the macros and everything tomorrow. But can you answer the question about me sitting around all day and how the carbs will be stored. And by the way my wife saw your picture and she said I better listen to everything you say. LOL!!!!

I will redo the macros and everything tomorrow. But can you answer the question about me sitting around all day and how the carbs will be stored. And by the way my wife saw your picture and she said I better listen to everything you say. LOL!!!!
    thats funny about the wife---dude, i sit around all day except when im wrkin out or workin in the yard or somethin--i work from home, and trust me it aint labor intensive

BMR=2333
    TDEE=3616

3 Eggs 210 18 0 12

2 Pouches of Tuna 330 36 2 20
    1 cup veggies 40 2 8 0

8 oz. chicken 200 48 0 48
    1 cup veggies 40 2 8 0

8 oz. chicken 200 48 0 2
    1 cup veggie 40 2 8 0
    2 Tbsp Natty PB 210 7 6 16

TOTALS 2985 352.5 209 67.75

PERCENTAGES 47% 28% 20%

I made the changes in the bold that you told me. Changed the percentages somewhat. Added abour 90 grams of carbs total. Added some calories that put me over my BMR. Is that a problem?

Tweak it some more if it needs it. And I used green beans as my veggie. I know I will change it up but for now I just figured it based on that. And I figured the additional carbs as rice since I already had the calories and macros for that.

I made the changes in the bold that you told me. Changed the percentages somewhat. Added abour 90 grams of carbs total. Added some calories that put me over my BMR. Is that a problem? ur bmr is if u had no activity whatsover--basically if u were sitting around all day or in bed--realistically u wanna b about 500 cals back of tdee

Tweak it some more if it needs it. And I used green beans as my veggie. I know I will change it up but for now I just figured it based on that. And I figured the additional carbs as rice since I already had the calories and macros for that.

edit ur original diet---cause when u quote it wont let me add changes

I edited the original diet. I am on my second day of this diet. Of course today I am taking into account the changes you made yesterday.

BMR=2333
    TDEE=3616

3 Eggs 210 18 0 12

2 Pouches of Tuna 330 36 2 20is the fat a mistake?
    1 cup veggies 40 2 8 0

8 oz. chicken 200 48 0 48what about this fat?
    1 cup veggies 40 2 8 0

2 scoops of casien 240 48 6 0

8 oz. chicken 200 48 0 2
    1 cup veggie 40 2 8 0
    2Tbsp of Natty PB 210 7 6 16

TOTALS 2985 352.5 209 67.75receck ur fat totals

PERCENTAGES 47% 28% 20%

how did u come up with that tdee of 3600--what multiplier did u use?

Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    The fat on the tuna is right. I believe it is Starkist brand. The chicken fat was wrong on that 12:00 time. It should have been 2. I changed it. The totals were correct. I got them from my Excel file. I just typed in the wrong fat on the chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post
    how did u come up with that tdee of 3600--what multiplier did u use?

I used the 1.55 multiplier. That gave me a TDEE of 3616.

I know whenever I was wearing my Bodybugg device. I usually averaged between 3300-3800 calories burned in a day when I worked out. It adjusted depending on how much cardio and what body parts I was working out. So its got to be close.

I did sign back up for Bodybugg to log my calories. I won't use my armband to track my calories burned just because it wears my tattoo off with all the rubbing and sweating. But its great for me to log my food especcially since it has everything in it that I eat on a regular basis.

I will let you check it out when it gets logged back on.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSUPERMODEL;511***4
    The fat on the tuna is right. I believe it is Starkist brand. The chicken fat was wrong on that 12:00 time. It should have been 2. I changed it. The totals were correct. I got them from my Excel file. I just typed in the wrong fat on the chicken.
    i eat starkist---are u looking at the actual package?

No I don't have the package. I wrote everything down on Sunday. I will check the next time at the store.

ok--u may b able to find it online

Okay I don't know what is going on. I weighed 248.6lbs on Wednesday morning. I weighed 251.9lbs Friday morning.

Can you check out my bodybugg and look at my last two days worth of food. I worked out both days like normal and did stair climber for 20 minutes one day and ran/walked for 20 minutes the other day.

Just wondering why I would be gaining weight.

how many cals u been eatin---how many would u say u were eating before--

either way it will take ur body time to adjust to eating like this---most likely food and water weight

The last two days I have eaten 2400-2500 calories. I don't have an idea of how many I was eating before, but it was probably less than that. The carbs added quite a few calories and I was not eating that much protein. I was probably only eating 1 lb per body weight on the protein and I was hardly eating any carbs whether they were veggies or complex carbs.

My macros yesterday were 55%P, 28%C 17%F
    The day before that they were 59%P, 25%C, 16%F

I am also notcing have the stuffed feeling all day long. Don't know if thats from the carbs or that I am just eating that much more now than what I was.

I wish I would have weighed Monday morning when I first started this new diet, but I forgot.

Don't get me wrong I am not going to give up on it just because I have put on some weight. Just wondering about everything.

And just to make sure you know, I am on an Hdrol cycle right now. I posted that at the beginning, but just throwing that out as a reminder. I am finishing up the 4th week this Sunday.

yea keep doin what ur doin---its normal

try to get protein down to 40% and raise carbs or fat

sellersis is offline Junior Member
    And remember......fitday.com is your friend!

One thing I have noticed with this new diet plan(eating more carbs) is that I get gassy and get rumblings in my stomach all day long. And by the end of the day when I get home its time to go to the bathroom and have some alone time. Is there any reason that the carbs would do this to me? Becuase I really don't notice it when my carbs are real low. In fact I can not go to the bathroom for a couple of days when I keep my carbs low.

Have you had a chance to check out my food log?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sorry to be jumping in here at the 11th hour - but I know where you're coming from with being sensitive to carbs and feeling like a 40/40/20 split is too much. MG is familiar with my diet and situation and has also helped me in the past. I was doing a 45/35/20 split - but if you start bringing carbs down too much, you'll just be getting way too much protein (have to make up for those lost calories somewhere, and it ain't gonna be fat!). If you get all of your carbs in (good complex carbs) in the 1st half of your day, you should be fine.

Also - you're going to get sick of that brown rice really quickly. Mix it up - oats, sweet potato, yam, etc. are all great sources. Pasta isn't the greatest since it's not a natural food, but I personally use Barilla Plus which is about as good as pasta can be. Not sure how MG will feel about this.

Finally, regarding protein in the am - I have the same problem, I can't eat 100 eggs/egg whites, especially since my first meal is 4:30am. I know a shake is typically reserved for PWO (and Casein at bedtime) - but I see nothing wrong with slamming a shake 1st thing in the morning. I would do 1/2 whey and 1/2 casein. I actually think it's beneficial = it breaks the fast and gets some quick protein in you (the whey), and the casein makes it a bit more of a real meal and longer lasting protein. Add to that the oats and eggs, and you have a good meal. I do this every morning.

Yeah I went with the pasta to switch up from the rice. I won't be doing that very often. I am not a realy big fan of sweet potatos or yams, but I guess I need to learn to like them.

What kind of bread can I eat that is good complex carbs?

I will try the shake in the morning to see if that helps any. Sometimes I crumble up some ground turkey and put it with my eggs just for a different texture.

Its a process but I am working on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information