ValeTudoFighter is offline Junior Member

Sometimes, Always, Never

Do the foods listed below fit into a cutting diet?

I know this is kind of a general question, I was looking for a general answer (thus the title of the thread). I can post my specific diet if necessary.

Thanks Guys.
    Last edited by ValeTudoFighter; 03-31-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Sugar Free Jell-O
    Cal-10, Fat-0, Carb-0, Pro-1

Fresh Pinapple
    Cal-50, Fat-0, Carb-13, Sugar-10, Pro-1

Earth's Best Sweet Potatoes (Baby Food)
    Cal-70, Fat-0, Carb-17, Sugar-8, Pro-1

Shoprite Whole Grain Salt Free rice cakes
    Cal-40, Fat-0, Carb-8, Pro-1

Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
    Cal-100, Fat-0, Carb-7, Sugar-7, Pro-18

Popsicle Sugar Free Ice Pops
    Cal-15, Fat-0, Carb-4, Pro-0

Pepperidge Whole Wheat Bread
    Cal-90, Fat-1, Carb-15, Sugar-3, Pro-4

Whole Wheat Bagel
    Cal-250, Fat-2, Carb-52, Sugar-6, Pro-13

Boars Head Oven Roasted Turkey
    Cal-60, Fat-1.5, Carb-1, Pro-12

Jimmy Dean Turkey Bacon
    Cal-25, Fat-2, Carb-0, Pro-2

Silk Light Soy Milk
    Cal-70, Fat-2, Carb-8, Sugar-6, Pro-6

TTT

Changed my initial post to be less stoopid, I hope

Thanks.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeTudoFighter View Post
    Do the foods listed below fit into a cutting diet?

I know this is kind of a general question, I was looking for a general answer (thus the title of the thread). I can post my specific diet if necessary.

Thanks Guys.
    I don't have the knowledge you need yet to answer all of those. I can tell you however...

You saying that you could post your specific diet if necessary leads me to believe that the real question you want to know is if your diet is good enough.
    You should seriously consider just posting up your diet (facing the bitter truth that it may suck LOL) and let the guys here fix it for you and get you on the right track. You won't regret it Bro!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeTudoFighter View Post
    Sugar Free Jell-O
    Cal-10, Fat-0, Carb-0, Pro-1 fine

Fresh Pinapple
    Cal-50, Fat-0, Carb-13, Sugar-10, Pro-1 NO! All sugar!

Earth's Best Sweet Potatoes (Baby Food)
    Cal-70, Fat-0, Carb-17, Sugar-8, Pro-1 Baby Food? WTF? How about a real sweet potato?

Shoprite Whole Grain Salt Free rice cakes
    Cal-40, Fat-0, Carb-8, Pro-1 Not really - there are way better carb sources, how about some whole oats?

Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
    Cal-100, Fat-0, Carb-7, Sugar-7, Pro-18 If it really has 18g protein, I guess it's ok - with 7g sugar i'd only eat it PWO though

Popsicle Sugar Free Ice Pops
    Cal-15, Fat-0, Carb-4, Pro-0 Fine

Pepperidge Whole Wheat Bread
    Cal-90, Fat-1, Carb-15, Sugar-3, Pro-4 Be careful with breads - check the ingredients - does it have mollasses? High Fructose Corn Syrup? Check into Ezekiel Bread instead

Whole Wheat Bagel
    Cal-250, Fat-2, Carb-52, Sugar-6, Pro-13 Again, there are better sources. How about brown rice?

Boars Head Oven Roasted Turkey
    Cal-60, Fat-1.5, Carb-1, Pro-12 too much sodium, cold cuts aren't the best idea. How about real turkey?

Jimmy Dean Turkey Bacon
    Cal-25, Fat-2, Carb-0, Pro-2 It's ok, but you can probably guess - there are better protein sources - chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, lean beef, etc.

Silk Light Soy Milk
    Cal-70, Fat-2, Carb-8, Sugar-6, Pro-6 Soy isn't a great protein source - if you have to have milk, i'd stick with regular fat free/skim milk
    See Bold. Agreed with the post above though - just post your diet, it'll be alot easier!

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is the diet that I have been following:

Cardio 8:45 AM Elliptical or treadmill
    Meal 1 9:30 AM Protein Shake with 1/2 cup of oats
    Meal 2 10:45 AM 3 Egg Whites and 2 whole eggs
    Meal 3 12:30 PM Fish/Green Beans/Sweet Potato
    Meal 4 2:15 PM Chicken 8oz/Brown Rice or Yam
    Workout 3:00 PM Weights
    Meal 5 4:30 PM (PWO) Whey/Dextrose/Maltodextrin Shake
    Meal 6 7:30 PM Beef Meal 8oz/vegetable 40gPro 0gCarb
    Snack - Usually low fat cottage cheese/sugar free jello and 1 serving of almonds
    Meal 7 11:00 PM Casen Shake and 2 tbspn. natural PB.

The reason for the questions are not to make these things staples of my diet but I just want to know where they stand. I got a lot of help from forum members to create the above diet and I explained my work situation, it is not very conducive to a healthy diet to say the least. I get tied up in meetings and on phone calls for long periods of time so I try to have backup plans just to get good food in me.

I think I get the jist on most of these things now but here are two specific questions:

1.) The baby food, lol, I know it sounds funny. The ingredients are Organic Sweet Potatoes and Water...thats it. I figured it would be just as good as a regular sweet potato if I didn't have the eight minutes to nuke it. Not sure if it would be processed differently since it was liquefied though. This would be the exception not the rule.

2.) The whole grain salt free rice cakes. I am or should I say was a horrible night eater. I used to wake up almost every single night and eat while I was sleeping. Since I have been waking up earlier and working out two or three times a day this has seemed to stop. Fingers crossed. That said, I still do wake up VERY hungry and will have one of these rice cakes and some natty PB...is this horrible? Would cottage cheese be a better middle of the night option?

Thanks again for the help.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Your diet's solid. Stick to the sugar-free jello and diet soda with regard to cheating though.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    And yeah, eating rice cakes or any carbs as your middle of the night snack is terrible. Just do casein/cottage cheese and a fat source if you can afford the extra cals.

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    i eat the boars head turkey and chicken breast atleast 3 times a week--the low sodium is prob less than real chicken breast---not saying real chicken breast wouldnt b better cause it is

Great info, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Your diet's solid....
    Haha, it is solid because of you. You've been a big help, I'm trying to do my part and sticking with it. So far so good

How about the baby food, any negatives?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I doubt the baby food would be on par with regular sweet potato - if anything, it would be less thermogenic due to being processed the way it is. No added sugar in there?

Middle of the night - definitely drop the rice cakes! If you're starving, do a casein shake and a tbsp. of natty PB, or some cottage cheese and PB.

First6 is offline Member
    Good job on your diet bro. Looks like I read you wrong and owe you a "sorry man".

The night eating is a tough thing to over come. Looks like your doing the casein and matty pb already. Are you doing 2 scoops? could you try it if your not?
    I know just speaking for myself... I used to do this on nights where I waited until late to do my cardio. Is is possable that some late excersise is affecting you? I force myself to do the cardio early and then I am fine at night. Don't know man just trying to help any way I can.

Thread Information