tjh1127 is offline New Member

Question 5000 calorie dier for 180 pounder, bad idea?

I currently weigh 180 pounds at 5'10. I am a hardddddd gaine. It took months and months and a good cycle to get me past 165. I recently read a 5,000 calorie diet plan that wouldn't be that hard to eat for me. I would have to cut out some protein because protein overload is bad for test levels. Here's the numbers. 5000 cal, 525 g protein, 452 g carbs, 125 g fat. What do you think guys should I try it or is it just too much for my size. I'd like to be about 215 pounds and under 10% bf one day.

RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member
    What are your goals and what does this diet look like compared to what you are eating now?
    Also - what does your body comp look like?

My goals are not very intense one day I would like to try my hand at bodybuilding but I don't ever expect to become a champion. My body composition is athletic I guess. Even at 180 pounds I still look very small and I hate it. for the last couple months I was very depressed about the way I look and gave up working out eating right entirely. but I'm trying to dig myself out of the hole to get back on the horse and get that weight back which Is why I'm considering such an extreme diet. My usual diet before I stopped consisited of about 3000 calories a day and 300g protein and 125g fat. I appreciate any and all advice and help

By composition I mean what is your LBM (lean body mass) and BF% (Body Fat percentage)

My LBM is around 155.4 BF% is currently around 16%

How long have you been training?
    And what does your training program look like?
    ie: exercises, reps, etc.

Im trying to get a good picture of everything that you are doing so you dont set yourself up for failure

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Do you know your TDEE? If not, you need to figure that out as a starting point. Then at least you'll know what you're adding from there. If it's 3000 cals/day just as an example, eating 2000 calories over TDEE will do nothing but make you fat, even with good foods. 525g of protein is INSANE - you are begging for kidney problems - even taking out some protein as you mentioned - you need to take out a good 200g!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Do you know your TDEE?
    Were taking baby steps to find this out.

Before I got depressed and stop working out, my routine was 4-5days a week. Mostly mass building multi-joint exercises like squat and bench press things like that because I never was big enough so I never did a cutting phase I constantly was doing mass gaining exercises on the 6 to 8 rep max you know basic mass building movements and exercises

Thread Information