Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    collar is offline Anabolic Member
    great post bino.

you know this is excatly how I have my lentils with wheat to increase the quality and to complete it.

But awesome how you broke it down, good work.

RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member
    Yes thank you for that Bino.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Bino - very informative, thank you!!!

But what of this idea that your body can 'pool' incomplete sources and eventually combine them with other complimentary sources to create a complete/usable protein? Again, I don't want to misquote Nark and I wish he was here to jump in (no indication as to how long your body will 'hold on' to this pool) in case I misunderstood.

But basically - I used to plan my meals and let's say I had a whey shake (24g protein) and 1/2 cup oats (5g protein) - I was totaling the protein at 24g for that meal. Nark said I should be counting the 5g from the oats, although nothing I ate at that specific meal was a direct complement to the incomplete protein in the oats. I have since been counting ALL incomplete proteins and not paying attention as to what compliments what; assuming my body will 'handle' that automatically. If that's all true, i'm good to go. If not, then i've been grossly undereating protein.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Bino - very informative, thank you!!!

But what of this idea that your body can 'pool' incomplete sources and eventually combine them with other complimentary sources to create a complete/usable protein? Again, I don't want to misquote Nark and I wish he was here to jump in (no indication as to how long your body will 'hold on' to this pool) in case I misunderstood.

But basically - I used to plan my meals and let's say I had a whey shake (24g protein) and 1/2 cup oats (5g protein) - I was totaling the protein at 24g for that meal. Nark said I should be counting the 5g from the oats, although nothing I ate at that specific meal was a direct complement to the incomplete protein in the oats. I have since been counting ALL incomplete proteins and not paying attention as to what compliments what; assuming my body will 'handle' that automatically. If that's all true, i'm good to go. If not, then i've been grossly undereating protein.
    Yes you can still count the incompletes. Their is a small amino acid pool, but no real "storage" unit for protein in the body. It is said that amino's will be "pooled" in cells for maybe 24-72 hours. The true amount of time is really something I dont know and I dont know if it can be determined really and Im sure depends completely on the person, amount requirements for the body.

If you eat a diet with a variety of food sources you will be fine basically.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    Yes you can still count the incompletes. Their is a small amino acid pool, but no real "storage" unit for protein in the body. It is said that amino's will be "pooled" in cells for maybe 24-72 hours. The true amount of time is really something I dont know and I dont know if it can be determined really and Im sure depends completely on the person, amount requirements for the body.

If you eat a diet with a variety of food sources you will be fine basically.
    Thanks for the clarification! On a typical day, my incomplete protein sources would consist of oats, whole grain pasta, brown rice, asparagus, broccoli, spinach, natty PB, sometimes kidney or white beans. Hopefully there are some usable combinations in there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information