xzoomzx is offline Associate Member

What are great foods to eat while cutting ????

What food do you all eat during cutting? im sick of my food heres about what i will eat

egg whites
    protein powders
    chicken cutlets bakd in the oven or grilled
    tuna

anyone got some good things i can eat instead having cravings ova here hurry!!!!!!!!!
    how are those really low carb foods they make they have cerials,drinks,chips and even a milk powder with no carbs..anyone try these they are cheap too

jbrand is offline Member

Re: What are great foods to eat while cutting ????

Originally posted by xzoomzx
    What food do you all eat during cutting? im sick of my food heres about what i will eat

egg whites
    protein powders
    tuna

anyone got some good things i can eat instead having cravings ova here hurry!!!!!!!!!
    how are those really low carb foods they make they have cerials,drinks,chips and even a milk powder with no carbs..anyone try these they are cheap too
    I'm sorry bro but it doesn't get too exciting in my world. For me it's green vegetables, EFA oils, whey, etc. Tne best meals I treat myself to are Sirloin steak and baked potatos.

beenie is offline Senior Member

Re: What are great foods to eat while cutting ????

egg whites
    protein powders
    tuna

Why not add in lean beef, scrod, sole, salmon, lean pork, turkey, and perhaps some tasty green veggies. I love broiled fish, its so easy to make, its good, and it is good for you.

Keto Crisp cerial is great. I used to mix 1 teaspoon of geavy creeam with 1/4 cup of wayter and it makes a low carb milk substitute. Now I use unsweetened soy milk and cut it with water 50/50. Its a little higher in carbs, but I am not as fanatical as I once was.

Wathch the low carb chips, because no one can eat just one. And before you know it what started out as a low carb treat turned into a high carb binge.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I don't know about New York but Houston has the Whole Foods market.
    it's kind of expensive but they have so many healthy items, I can create a whole menu of meals without repeats. That is if I'm not in a hurry or lazy at the moment.

well ok what are some good carbs you can eat while cutting?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Good: oats, yams (sweet potatoes), brown rice, veggies

Decent: wheat pasta, whire potatos, wheat bread (and bagels)

Bad: white rice, white bread, white pasta

The key is moderation. I'm not an advocate of ultra low carbs diets as it is not conducive to building lean muscle ...and that's what I'm all about (and most people on this board are probably looking for the same thing). However, you can comfortabley drop to 100-150g per day and still not have too many cravings if you're smart about your meals. As lond as you're doing cardio and lifting your muscle loss will be minimal, just make sure to use your eye and monitor what is happening. Loosing fat = good...losing muscle = not good.
    Last edited by Pete235; 05-06-2002 at 02:34 PM.

well ok what are some good carbs you can eat while cutting?
    My opinion is to keep the carbs as low as possible when I REALLY want to cut. Doesn't seem to be as important when you are only trying to maintain. So if you feel the need for carbs green vegetables like romaine lettuce red leaf lettuce and even iceberg lettuce are great. Celery is good. Cauliflower and brocolli are great. Not only are all of these low in carb they provide roughage to your diet, a big benefit.

Make sure you take you high potency vitamins (and minerals) when you diet.

Originally posted by Pete235
    Good: oats, yams (sweet potatoes), brown rice, veggies

Decent: wheat pasta, whire potatos, wheat bread (and bagels)

Bad: white rice, white bread, white pasta

They key is moderation. I'm not an advocate of ultra low carbs diets as it is not conducive to building lean muscle...and that's what I'm all about.
    xzoomzx,

If you eat oats yams , sweet potatoes, brown rice, wheat pasta, white potatoes, and bread of any sort, you will not be low carb dieting, at least not technically. You will be on a diet perhaps, and it MAY work well, but please don't confuse it with low carbing. the aforementioned food are LOADED with carbs.

I intend no disrespect Pete, because you know I think the world of you, and respect what you say, but adding such a blast of carbs would add so many carbs I dout it would be considered low carb anymore. Paybe reduced carb, but not low.

beenie i am not sepcifically on a low carb diet.......i was just wondering if those barely carb foods wee any good......i am all italian and pasta is hard to live witout ..........

beenie i am not sepcifically on a low carb diet.......i was just wondering if those barely carb foods wee any good......i am all italian and pasta is hard to live witout ..........
    If that is the case what exactly are you SPECIFICALLY doing?

I should tell you that my experience with people who try to change through moderation never get anywhere and that it takes a very big commitment. So, you can do well be restricting fat and calories, OR by limiting carbs. But if you are counting on making a huge impact by swiching from white rice to brown rice you will be sadly dissapointed.

From you inital post I assumed that you were on a NO carb diet.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by beenie
    Maybe reduced carb, but not low.
    Beenie, that's the type of diet I was assuming he was looking for (reduced carb) which is why I catagorized carb sources. But I agree with you on this point completely.....xzoomzx, what exactly are you looking to accomplish bro? Please be very specific.

well i will choose the low carb route i will intake about 30 or 40 grams a day ......mostly from veggies

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    Fiber One Cereal. High Fiber, which aids fat burning for cutting. It actually doesn't taste that bad either.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Oatmeal
    Tuna(try pooring some EFA oil YUM)
    rice cakes
    chiken breast
    serloin steak
    Pita bread(whole weat)
    Fish

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by FromFleshtoSteel
    Fiber One Cereal. High Fiber, which aids fat burning for cutting. It actually doesn't taste that bad either.
    That stuff tastes awesome!!! Mix a Tablespoon or 2 of natty pb....that is some goooooooood eatin'.

Have you ever considered a carb rotation? I'm lovin what I'm seeing with it...no weight loss for the past two weeks, although I am getting new veins every day.

i'll have to try that pb trick, sounds great! what's the story with carb roatation? never heard of it. More veins sounds good to me!

Carb rotation is quite simple, however you have to be strict. It's exactly what it sounds like. You rotate your carb intake. High one day, moderate the next, low, moderate, no, low....I'll give you a sample of what i do.

I keep switching it every week or two, my body is never going to know what its ever hit with, which is the point of all of this, keep the metabolism on fire...cuz it never knows what its gonna get.

BTW... This is what I reccommend for a 200lb'ish LEAN athlete. This does not replace diet advice from a licensed nutritionist. It works for me though.

Day 1: Day 1 consists of 150 carbs.--50 grams the first two meals, NO carbs preworkout meal, only healthy fats, protein, and some fibrous veggies. 50g of simple sugars post workout, and that's it for today. Replace carb calories with healthy fats and protein.
    Day 2: 100 Carbs.-- Either 50g for your first and 50 simple post workout. Or you can do like 25 for your first two, none pre workout, and 50 post.
    Day 3: 75 carbs.-- 25 first meal, 50g post workout.
    Day 4: 50 carbs.-- veggies only all day. Besides 50g postworkout.
    Day 5: 25 carbs.-- only postworkout sugars. (make sure to do cardio to deplete glycogen stores as much as possible)
    Day 6: 400g of carbs.-- 100g for first four meals. Since today is most likely saturday if you start on monday, make your fourth meal your post workout meal. Keep carbs clean, oats, barley, brown or long grain rice, sweet taters. Eat minimal fat during first four meals, try to keep under 5g. Then for your last couple-few meals eat a good amount of healthy fats...10-20 meal.
    Day 7: Try to work your weakest body part today. Now if today is sunday and you rest on sundays, start the program on a different day when you DO workout.

***Remember, this is a sample. I make it different each week, and I don't think I'll ever need another diet. Keeps me lean, obviously not contest ready, but I don't have enough muscle, as you can see in my pic to compete yet. Give me two years.

Change it up as often as you want. Add more carbs if you are not seeing what you like, take away carbs if you aren't seeing the results you would like to. This is a diet for an already lean athlete. As, there are carbs in there, and most dieters like to go low carb with a carb up every couple weeks. Try it, I love it. I'm coming off a cutter, and I've added 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Still seeing the veins, and abs.

Hope this helps a bit.

thanks for the info bro, that sounds great...i'll let you know how it works out for me.

Mounts is offline New Member
    an excellent way to have broccli is to buy lowfat kraft italian dressing and marinate uncooked broccli in it then eat it like a salad...its damn good

Yumm mounts....that sounds awesome. But I stay away from salad dressing as it's got soo much sodium in only 2 T... it sucks, cuz it's so good. But you gotta make sacrifices I suppose.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Some low-cal foods that help me get over cravings:
    [list=1][*] Baked potatoes with plain, unsweetened yogurt instead of sour cream[*] Skinless chicken cooked on a BBQ (it's more tasty & satisfying than plain grilled chicken IMO[*] Make a salad of lettuce & chopped veggies w/ a bit of Balsamic vingar, oregano, salt & pepper and a touch of olive oil in a pita.[*] Sugar-free Jello & Pudding[*] Shakes make from Raw egg whites, milk & bananas[*] Hamburgers made with very lean beef: add some egg white (to make the patties stick together), salt, pepper & A1 of Heinz 57 sauce. Bril it, or fry in a teflon pan with a little Pam to keep if from sticking. Skip the cheese and mayo, just top with a little ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes & lettuce, serve on toasted whole wheat bread.[/list=1]

Sticking to a low-cal-low-fun diet for too long gets too stressful, ya gotta have some fun--without ruining the diet!

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    Carbs are classified in four ways: simple sugars, refined carbs, starches, and fiber.

Simple Sugars are found in table sugar, honey, molasses, fructose, and corn syrup. Sugar is not a good source of carbohydrate intake, causing high sugar levels in the blood which shoot up fast and then drop dramatically causing a "crash" effect. It burns too fast, and causes the body to release high levels of insulin which promotes fat storage.

Refined Carbs: Made from flour sources such as breads, baked goods, pastas, and cereals. The refining process causes them to be quickly digested and absorbed thus behaving like sugar. Not a good thing for athletes needing sustained energy sources.

Starches: The most natural form of carbs found in foods such as oatmeal, beans, corn, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and brown rice. These forms of carbs are better for the fitness athlete due to the slow burn. They are not digested quickly, and they do not promote fat accumulation nearly as much as sugar or refined carbs which make them the better source.

**********Fibrous Carbs: Come from vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, oat bran, and onions. These forms of carbs are very important because they slow down the release of insulin--so do egg whites, when digesting starches and limiting the amount to be stored as fat. Fibrous carbs aide in the digestion process as well.

Iam currentley experimenting with carb rotation slightly lowering amounts per day every week.
    Iam having really good results also just the lack of energy sucks but that's what hydroxycut is for

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    Hey there,

I mix Fiber One with Yogurt and Salad. It taste great. One serving has 24g carbs (0 Sugar), 14g Fiber, and 2g Protein.

Originally posted by Bobbo
    Hey there,

I mix Fiber One with Yogurt and Salad. It taste great. One serving has 24g carbs (0 Sugar), 14g Fiber, and 2g Protein.
    There is a school of though that suggests that you can deduct each gram of fiber from your carb count. If you blieve in this, it would mean that of the 24 grams of carb in Fiber One, only 10 grams are digestable.

I found Pure Oat Bran in my super Market in the Oatmeal section. 18 grams of carb, 8 grams of fiber. Persumably it would have the same net effect.

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    i'm on a low carb diet and have awsome results heres what i have been doing, of course it changed alittle from here to there but bascially this is what i do
    1= 6oz turkey breast , 1 heaping scoop of protein (otp or designer)
    2= protien bar designer whey
    3= can of tuna fish 2 egg whites
    4= protien bar (1 hour before gym)
    5= 40g protien shake post work out
    1 hour later
    6= grilled chicken breast with salad
    7=before bed
    2 scoop desinger whey time release shake, sometimes a sugar free jello
    i take eca,multi,guggulbolic

That's an awesome diet. I am particularly impressed by the fact that you even investigaged your protien drink to make sure it is low carb. A lot of guys make that mistake, and keep to a low carb diet then unknowingly go with a brand of protien that is so high in carb all of thier hard work goes down the drain.

Thread Information