jl39 is offline Associate Member

early morning training

due to things coming up iv decided to move my workout time to 7:00Am and i will be waking up at 6... what do you guys recommend for a pre workout meal and a post workout shake

frodo89 is offline Junior Member
    2-3 whole eggs, 8 whites, and a cup of oats. PWO, whey with 3/4 cup of oats. But this is rather general, you need to see how this meal fits in with the rest of your diet ie. would the 8 whites put your protein on your macro's for the day to high.

i was thinking of doing a shake at 6:00am when i wake up consisting of 8oz of milk 2 scoops of whey 1 cup of oats and 1 banana never tried to blend all that will see how it goes... and post workout have 2 scoops whey and a serving of cell tech... then one hour later 2 whole eggs 4 egg whites 1/2 cup oats and slice of wheat toast

I personally like to have whole foods rather than a supplement, specially before training. The reason why is because a whey protein shake is extremely fast in digestion, that's why it's used PWO. But try it for yourself, try your shake banana and oats for two weeks, then try the whole food that I suggested for two weeks, then see which one gives you the best result. From experience, the whole food will.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Frodo has some solid points about eating whole foods as oppose to shakes. That being said breakfast is sometimes the hardest meal to consume whole foods as a lot of us are in a hurry, so I normally consume 8oz. liquid egg whites, 1 scoop of ON whey, 1 cup of oats, and 1/2 banana...mix it all together in a blender and you have a quick meal. The oats and liquid egg whites should be slow enough digesting that they should last you through your workout.

where do u buy liquid egg whites

Quote Originally Posted by jl39 View Post
    where do u buy liquid egg whites
    Do what Imola told you to do. Still would constitute as a solid meal as opposed to a shake. I used to do that when I had work early in the morning. But you can find them in your freezer section at your supermarket

thanks guys i did that shake and its not to bad its hard to get the oats blended up with the little hand blender i use i may need to get out the big boy

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jl39 View Post
    thanks guys i did that shake and its not to bad its hard to get the oats blended up with the little hand blender i use i may need to get out the big boy
    my cheap $20 Walmart blender works great and has last me 2 years strong so far. You can also get the liquid egg whites at Walmart too!

Thread Information