11WaY is offline Female Member

new female needs help

24 5'3 126lbs 20%body fat 3 years train.
    im looking for some new example diets... i would like to lose about 10 to 15 lbs while keeping my muscle mass . i eat pretty clean now but have never counted cal b4 or writtin my everyday pattern down . I run 2 -3 miles 5 days a week and lift 3 with a trainer

3egg whites with some cheese
    oatmeal

nuts and fruit

turkey with whole wheat

rice chicken fruit or yogart
    protien shake

i love sweets so i always turn to fruit ... or sugar of some kind

help me ladys please

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Here's a diet I just put together for a female client of mine. 5'1", 28% bf. Note that her goals are more casual than most of us here, so not all meals are centered around a heavy portion of lean protein and a small amount of sugar has remained in her diet.

Supplements/additions: Female specific multivitamin, calcium/bone-health supplement, 1 gallon of water daily, up to 10 fish oil capsules daily.

Note that each meal is accompanied by specific macronutrient statistics -
    (grams of protein / grams of carbs / grams of fat / calories)

Meal 1 / Breakfast - 7:00 AM: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, ½ cup oatmeal. Add splenda to your oats instead of sugar.
    20 / 28 / 7 / 261

Meal 2 / Snack - 10:00 AM: 1 oz. Almonds (about 18-22 kernels), ½ cup greek yogurt with ½ cup sliced strawberries. Add splenda to your yogurt instead of sugar.
    12 / 14 / 18 / 250

Meal 3 / Lunch - 1:00 PM: 4 oz. chicken breast sliced, 1 cup green veggies (whatever your favorite is, I like Asparagus), 1 cup brown rice.
    39 / 44 / 6 / 398

Meal 4 / Snack - 4:00 PM: Kashi brand granola bar – very healthy, low-sugar, sweet snack.
    7 / 19 / 5 / 140

Meal 5 / Dinner – 7:00 PM: 6 oz. Salmon filet, 1 cup green veggies, ½ cup brown rice
    38 / 23 / 12 / 397

Totals:
    - 116 grams of protein
    - 128 grams of carbohydrates
    - 48 grams of fat
    - 1446 calories

Grocery List for one week:
    - 32 oz. Boneless, skinless chicken breast – approximately 4 large breasts.
    - 2 dozen large eggs
    - 7 Salmon Filets (Wegman’s sells a club pack of 7 frozen 6 oz. Chilean Salmon filets for $19.99)
    - 1 jar of roasted almonds
    - 1 quart no-sugar added Greek yogurt
    - 2 packages of fresh Driscoll’s strawberries
    - 1 large cylinder of raw rolled oats
    - 1 bag brown rice
    - 2 boxes of Kashi Granola bars (6 in each I believe)
    - At least 50 oz. of brocolli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, spinach etc. You can never have too many because when hungry, you should snack on these. Buy more depending on how much you like veggies. I eat 8 cups daily. I also pay for convenience and buy them in ready-to-microwave steam bags.
    - Low calorie cooking spray for lubricating pots/pans pans. A little extra virgin olive oil now and then is fine of course.
    Last edited by Damienm05; 04-13-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Here's a diet I just put together for a female client of mine. 5'1", 28% bf. Note that her goals are more casual than most of us here, so not all meals are centered around a heavy portion of lean protein and a small amount of sugar has remained in her diet.

Supplements/additions: Female specific multivitamin, calcium/bone-health supplement, 1 gallon of water daily, up to 10 fish oil capsules daily.

Note that each meal is accompanied by specific macronutrient statistics -
    (grams of protein / grams of carbs / grams of fat / calories)

Meal 1 / Breakfast - 7:00 AM: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, ½ cup oatmeal. Add splenda to your oats instead of sugar.
    20 / 28 / 7 / 261

Meal 2 / Snack - 10:00 AM: 1 oz. Almonds (about 18-22 kernels), ½ cup greek yogurt with ½ cup sliced strawberries. Add splenda to your yogurt instead of sugar.
    12 / 14 / 18 / 250

Meal 3 / Lunch - 1:00 PM: 4 oz. chicken breast sliced, 1 cup green veggies (whatever your favorite is, I like Asparagus), 1 cup brown rice.
    39 / 44 / 6 / 398

Meal 4 / Snack - 4:00 PM: Kashi brand granola bar – very healthy, low-sugar, sweet snack.
    7 / 19 / 5 / 140

Meal 5 / Dinner – 7:00 PM: 6 oz. Salmon filet, 1 cup green veggies, ½ cup brown rice
    38 / 23 / 12 / 397

Totals:
    - 116 grams of protein
    - 128 grams of carbohydrates
    - 48 grams of fat
    - 1446 calories

Grocery List for one week:
    - 32 oz. Boneless, skinless chicken breast – approximately 4 large breasts.
    - 2 dozen large eggs
    - 7 Salmon Filets (Wegman’s sells a club pack of 7 frozen 6 oz. Chilean Salmon filets for $19.99)
    - 1 jar of roasted almonds
    - 1 quart no-sugar added Greek yogurt
    - 2 packages of fresh Driscoll’s strawberries
    - 1 large cylinder of raw rolled oats
    - 1 bag brown rice
    - 2 boxes of Kashi Granola bars (6 in each I believe)
    - At least 50 oz. of brocolli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, spinach etc. You can never have too many because when hungry, you should snack on these. Buy more depending on how much you like veggies. I eat 8 cups daily. I also pay for convenience and buy them in ready-to-microwave steam bags.
    - Low calorie cooking spray for lubricating pots/pans pans. A little extra virgin olive oil now and then is fine of course.

Thank you for the help. I can handle this diet. Question.... can i use sause or seasoning on the chicken or fish and if so what may i use?

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Im no expert, but seasoning i always use "Mrs Dash". It taste great and many variteys. The most important thing about it, is that it has no sodium in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 11WaY View Post
    Thank you for the help. I can handle this diet. Question.... can i use sause or seasoning on the chicken or fish and if so what may i use?
    I rub a drop or two of extra virgin olive oil on my meat and then sprinkle it sparingly with kosher salt, and fresh cracked black pepper. Salt doesn't affect fat loss, however, it is the primary cause of water retention; so keep it light and try to get your flavor from other herbs and spices.

A couple seasoning blends I like:

Cajun style rub for fish/meat:
    1 tbspn. kosher salt, 1 tbspn. paprika, 1 tspn. garlic powder, 1 tspn. cracked black pepper, 1 tspn. rosemary, 1/2 tspn. cayenne pepper

Southwestern style rub for fish/meat:
    1 tbspn. kosher salt, 1 tbspn. paprika, 1 tspn. garlic powder, 1 tspn. chili powder, 1 tspn. oregano, 1/2 tspn. cumin, 1/2 tspn. cayenne

I also like using Herbs de Provence with salt and garlic for more traditional meals such as roasted chicken.

As for sauces, stick to vinaigrette, hot sauce, and fat-free italian dressing. Avoid barbecue, ketchup, teriyaki, and other sugary sauces. Just read labels and avoid high fat, high sugar, high sodium. Mustard/vinegar based sauces are usually winners.

And remember, it's all about variety. As long as your macros are consistent, the specific meals can vary from day to day and week to week. Here's some info that I'm going to start posting on a lot of threads.

Interchangeable lean protein sources:

The goal is to eat lean protein. Meats/other sources low in fat/carbs.

Ground beef (93% lean or better)
    Lean steak (Flank, flat iron, or top sirloin)
    Bison sirloin (the highest quality red meat)
    Chicken breast
    Turkey breast
    Tuna (canned or sushi grade)
    Salmon
    Tilapia (mostly all white fish)
    All shellfish
    Venison
    Whey protein (post-workout recovery purposes only)
    Casein/Cottage cheese (before bed only)

Black-list protein:

Bacon
    Sausage
    Expensive fat-marbled Steaks (Ribeye, Strip, Filet)
    Pork and beef ribs
    Pork/Lamb chops
    Restaurant ground beef (80/20 fat – most burgers)
    Duck
    Chicken legs/thighs
    Chicken skin
    Cheese

Interchangeable complex carbohydrates:

Complex carbs are now your creed. These are slower-digesting, natural, low on the glycemic index carbohydrates that digest slowly and provide us with sustained energy. They do not drastically affect our blood sugar and do not cause insulin spikes. Thus our body sees no reason to store them as fat, it would rather burn them for energy. Simple carbs such as enriched white breads/pastas/rice/potatoes/sugars (including most fruit) cause insulin spikes and are high GI foods. They should not be eaten when on a strict diet. Fruit can be consumed early in the day or pre/post-workout because of it’s high nutritional value but should usually be avoided due to being a form of simple sugar. Remember, healthy, low-calorie foods aren’t always the correct foods and such is the case with fruit.

Oats/Oatmeal
    Grits/Cornmeal
    Unsalted/non-buttered popcorn (great, low-cal snack)
    Sweet potato (the best choice)
    Butternut squash
    Whole wheat pasta (not enriched)
    Organic whole wheat bread (not enriched wonder bread crap)
    Brown rice
    Ezekiel bread
    Swedish grain bread
    Gluten free bread
    Wheat couscous
    Corn
    Quinoa
    Lentils
    Beans
    Many more, look up the GI (glycemic index) for healthy choices

Black-list carbohydrates:

White pasta
    White bread
    Baguette
    Bagels
    Cookies, cake, muffins, cupcakes, all sweets basically.
    White couscous
    White rice
    You get the idea…

Interchangeable fat sources:

We look for fat sources that are high in omega-3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. Also, many are high in protein. We do not want saturated fats such as butter, cream, meat fat. We don’t want test tube fats like trans (the worst). We want mono/polyunsaturated fats that our body can use for something other than calories. Remember, even good fats are high in calories.

Natural peanut butter (no sugar added, just roasted peanuts)
    Natural almond butter
    Cashews
    Almonds
    Peanuts
    Flax seeds/oil
    Salmon and Trout (great fatty proteins)
    Fish oil
    Extra virgin olive oil (should be used on all veggies/salads)
    Chia seeds
    Grapeseed oil
    Macadamia nut oil
    Udo's oil
    Walnut oil
    Sunflower seeds/oil

Acceptable miscellaneous foods:

These foods don’t provide much as far as macronutrients but are great for adding vitamins/minerals and taste. Notice some of these other foods are dairy. Dairy is another animal’s milk. We lack the enzymes to digest it as they do and it’s high in fat/sugar. It should only be eaten early in the day for nutrient purposes with the exception of whey and casein (cottage cheese).

Skim milk (Hood brand is only 45 calories and 3g of sugar per cup)
    Greek yogurt (no sugar added)
    Berries (all berries are much lower in sugar than other fruits and packed with fiber/nutrients – eat berries)
    Green Vegetables. These are technically carbs but they are packed with fiber (a type of carb that isn’t used as energy or stored). In bodybuilding/nutrition – we refer to most vegetables as fibrous carbohydrates. While a serving of Broccoli may have 6g of carbs, 5 are from fiber. Meaning that it contains only 1g of storable carbohydrates. In addition, green vegetables are a calorie neutral/negative food (our body uses more calories to digest them than they contain – think celery). Veggies should be eaten with every meal. Every day. If you do this, you can become almost impervious to getting sick. Some vegetables are better than others for healthy diets.
    Many non-green vegetables. Most are fine – just check labels, some have a good bit of sugar and should be eaten in moderation only (carrots)

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I rub a drop or two of extra virgin olive oil on my meat and then sprinkle it sparingly with kosher salt, and fresh cracked black pepper. Salt doesn't affect fat loss, however, it is the primary cause of water retention; so keep it light and try to get your flavor from other herbs and spices.

A couple seasoning blends I like:

Cajun style rub for fish/meat:
    1 tbspn. kosher salt, 1 tbspn. paprika, 1 tspn. garlic powder, 1 tspn. cracked black pepper, 1 tspn. rosemary, 1/2 tspn. cayenne pepper

Southwestern style rub for fish/meat:
    1 tbspn. kosher salt, 1 tbspn. paprika, 1 tspn. garlic powder, 1 tspn. chili powder, 1 tspn. oregano, 1/2 tspn. cumin, 1/2 tspn. cayenne

I also like using Herbs de Provence with salt and garlic for more traditional meals such as roasted chicken.

As for sauces, stick to vinaigrette, hot sauce, and fat-free italian dressing. Avoid barbecue, ketchup, teriyaki, and other sugary sauces. Just read labels and avoid high fat, high sugar, high sodium. Mustard/vinegar based sauces are usually winners.

those all sound great! thank you im excited to see how this all goes! been a big help. cheers

Focusmen is offline Associate Member
    you look good in your avatar! hows the diet coming?

FranciscoG is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe in different approaches and getting results by backed up approaches.

Do you know about carb cycling and the Set Point theory?

Thread Information