JackBurton is offline New Member

doc says i got 70bs of body fat HELP!

So i went and saw a nutritionist back in november, she told me my LBM was 197 and i weighed 290lbs at the time, with somewhere around 28-29% body fat. Yes this is sad, im 6'5 and in the military and was on some prescription drugs for anger and they made me blow up, and the other part is i just didn't put the fork down.

I have a BMR of 2593.38
    according to the Harris Benedict Formula, my expendature is at the level 4 so that puts me at 4474 CAL a day to stay at the same weight I am at now.

My diet is hard to decipher, im curently deployed and standing at the DFAC writing down numbers will only piss off everyone who out ranks me and make my day hell, but this is a general breakdown of my diet.

Wake Up: 1 scoop Nitro Tech
    110 CAL
    10 Cal from Fat
    1G Total Fat
    1G Saturated Fat
    4.5G of Carbs
    20G of Protein

Breakfast:
    2 Hardboiled Eggs, 1 Apple

Snack 1:
    1 Scoop Nitro Tech

Lunch:
    2 6oz Fish (unknown as im in Iraq)
    1 cup salad with onions, diced turkey (100cal 30G protien)
    1 packet of Ranch, 110 cal, 100 fat cal, 11g fat, 1.5 sat fat, 3g carb
    1 cup green beans
    7 raw carrots

Snack 2/ pre workout:
    1 scoop nitro tech
    1 scoop cell mass, 30cal, 7g carbs, 0g sugar

Post workout:
    1 scoop nitro tech
    1 scoop muscle milk, 150cal, 6g fat, 8g carbs, 2g sugar, 16g protein
    1 scoop cell mass

Dinner:
    always same as lunch ( yes i am honest hear, and it sucks)

pre bed
    1 scoop muscle milk

Am i on track for loosing weigh ( fat ) here and maintaining as much lean muscle mass as i can? My workouts are intense 4x15 some to 20reps, biceps triceps, back, chest, shoulders, legs. My cardio is 1 hour in the AM before breakfast, usualy maintaing in the 137BPM heart rate range, sometimes i switch it to sprint 1/4mile walk 1/4mile at highest incline at a speed that keeps me moving.

My goal is to get to 230lbs. Help me out if you see flaws people, im tired of being fat

Wingman1 is offline Junior Member
    just dropping by to say thanks for fighting for us,, and stay safe whille out there,,,

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    First of all, your stated numbers equate to 32.1% bodyfat. The TDEE number of 4474 is a good example of how flawed that formula is, that is way too many calories for homeostasis.

Your diet needs to be completely overhauled. You are basically living on two food meals a day and the rest is from BSN products.

Alright thanks FireGuy what do you suggest I do take out the all the shake minus pre and post, and supplement them with with what? Im here for advice, the army says drink water and run. Again this is why im posting here in need of help.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    You need to design a nutrient rich food diet first. Then, if needed you can "supplement" that diet with "supplements". 5-6 meals a day, 30-40 grams of protein in each meal, healthy fats, starchy and fibrous carbs.

look i dont mean to sound like im bugging you and looking for all the anwesers from here, but I am in Iraq, my diet is pretty much restricted to the chow hall, now they serve damn near the same thing every day, fish, meats, burgers, chicken, and wings, and a sandwich bar. salad bar, and a health bar where its just fish, turkey, potatoes, and greens. Want throw me a bone here? point me in the right direction with a little more details on nutrient rich?

Wingman1 is offline Junior Member
    fish, turkey, and greens,, chicken with no skin,,,

YoungGunsNY is offline Associate Member
    what kind of potatoes? you need some good complex carb sources - oats, sweet potato/yams - I don't know how limited you are to food preparations out there. Could you cook in the "chow hall" as you put it or you can only eat what they have there and whatever you can have laying around and microwaved?

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Some rolled oats would be a good addition at least once a day. I don't know if you can buy them or have the means to cook them, though. How about brown rice? Any access/means to prepare? It looks like you have proteins covered -- access to them each meal and they can be reasonably healthy. Any chance to acquire some raw nuts? Like almonds or walnuts? (RAW -- not roasted and salted).

Thanks for serving, BTW.

Hey everyone its been awhile since i have had a chance to get on here. So i took in alot of advice, changed my diet up alot, pretty much the only protein shakes im taking in are pre and post workout. My meals remain the same, only difference is ill take some extra chicken breast or fish back to my room and save them for a snack. My lunch and dinners now include, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup black beans, and steamed veggies, lots of salad, lots of fruit and vegetables. my calories intake went from around 1500 to 2000, i feel alot better, alot more energy as well. Only thing to worry about now is im starting my workouts tonight. I still plan on doing Cardio every morning for at least a half hour, but then lifting in the evening before dinner chow. So im not really sure where to keep my calories at to gain muscle, and still burn fat.

Im trying to keep with 4x10-12, 4 excercises per body group.
    Biceps triceps
    Chest
    Back
    Sholders
    Legs

Thread Information