nk92mi is offline Junior Member

looking to drop some lbs, please critique diet and workout

5'10
    BF: 23% (not accurate but close, electronic instrument- i range from 19-24)
    BMI: 22
    LBM: 67 kg= 148lbs
    BMR: 1456
    TDEE: 2002

this is the diet plan and the workout program that i am going to try to follow. i have not hit weights since august of last year, but have been running 5k-10ks here and there. i cant wait to feel that pump. the reason i was not in the gym is because of tennis elbow, left arm. that is about back to normal now, but last weekend at talladega (WOW), i dislocated my right shoulder wrestling mma style (F"N IDIOT I AM!). so now it looks to be another couple of weeks before i am able to lift with my upper body. please feel free to rip my diet and workout plan. and once i start lifting, i put on weight pretty fast. and i do not expect to get thru every set and exercise at first, but once i do, then i will try and change the routine.

MEAL ONE:
    1 c of Egg Whites
    ½ c of Oats
    ¼ c of blueberries

MEAL TWO:
    2 Pouches of Tuna (or some other source of protein)

MEAL THREE:
    6 oz. chicken
    1 cup veggies
    1 complex carb (preferably a sweet potato)

MEAL FOUR:
    6 oz. chicken
    1 complex carb

MEAL FIVE:
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    2 tb natural peanut butter

WORKOUT FROM 5:45 PM to 7:00 PM

PWO:
    (may want to find a protein shake that has protein/carbs)
    1 scoop of whey protein

MEAL SIX:
    8 oz. chicken
    1 cup veggie

MEAL SEVEN:
    1 c of fat-free cottage cheese
    or 1 scoop of protein (casein)

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Monday

CARDIO (AM) CHEST/BACK (PM)
    Elliptical 15 minutes DB Bench 4 x 6-10
    Treadmill 15 minutes DB Incline 3 x 6-10
    Stair Climber 15 minutes Flys 3 x 12
    Wide Grip Chins 4 x 5
    Chest Supported Rows 4 x 8
    Neutral Grip Pull-Downs 3 x 15

Tuesday

CARDIO (AM) LEGS (PM)
    Swim Squats 4 x 6
    Hack Squat 3 x 10
    Leg Press 2 x 20
    Glute/Ham 3 x 10
    Standing Calf Raise 4 x 8
    Seated calf raise 3 x 10

Wednesday

CARDIO (AM) OFF (PM)
    Swim Swim/ Golf

Thursday

CARDIO (AM) SHOULDERS/TRICEPS (PM)
    Elliptical 15 minutes Military Press 4 x 6-8
    Treadmill 15 minutes Lateral Raises 3 x 10
    Stair Climber 15 minutes DB Upright rows 3 x 8
    Weighted Dips 4 x 8
    Skull-Crushers 4 x 10
    Overhead DB Extensions 2 x 15
    Weighted Abs 3 x 10

Friday

CARDIO (AM) BACK (PM)
    Elliptical 15 minutes Deadlift 4 x 6
    Treadmill 15 minutes pull-Ups 4 x 5
    Stair Climber 15 minutes Bent Row 4 x 8
    Hammer Strength Pull-down 3 x 15

kind of what i figured. nobody ever has any answers to none of my questions. makes me wonder why i even bother asking you people!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Relax bro, when I get home from work tonight I will look through it and try and help you out. In the meantime, you can help yourself a great deal by posting macros for each meal - prot/carbs/fat/cals - in that format. It'll be much easier to critique, and i'm sure others will jump in once it's posted properly.

I haven't forgotten you, but my wife is getting pissed because i've been on the computer for too long. I will get you man, just be patient. I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by nk92mi View Post
    5'10
    BF: 23% (not accurate but close, electronic instrument- i range from 19-24)
    BMI: 22
    LBM: 67 kg= 148lbs
    BMR: 1456
    TDEE: 2002

this is the diet plan and the workout program that i am going to try to follow. i have not hit weights since august of last year, but have been running 5k-10ks here and there. i cant wait to feel that pump. the reason i was not in the gym is because of tennis elbow, left arm. that is about back to normal now, but last weekend at talladega (WOW), i dislocated my right shoulder wrestling mma style (F"N IDIOT I AM!). so now it looks to be another couple of weeks before i am able to lift with my upper body. please feel free to rip my diet and workout plan. and once i start lifting, i put on weight pretty fast. and i do not expect to get thru every set and exercise at first, but once i do, then i will try and change the routine.

MEAL ONE: Good meal, maybe drop the blueberries
    1 c of Egg Whites
    ½ c of Oats
    ¼ c of blueberries

MEAL TWO:
    2 Pouches of Tuna (or some other source of protein) How about some complex carbs here?

MEAL THREE: Great meal!
    6 oz. chicken
    1 cup veggies
    1 complex carb (preferably a sweet potato)

MEAL FOUR:
    6 oz. chicken
    1 complex carb

MEAL FIVE:
    1 slice whole wheat bread

This is your pre-workout meal? I'd drop the entire meal and do a good protein source and more complex carbs - need to fuel your workout

WORKOUT FROM 5:45 PM to 7:00 PM

PWO:
    (may want to find a protein shake that has protein/carbs)
    1 scoop of whey protein Add more complex carbs

MEAL SIX: Veggies cooked in olive oil? Get some fats in this meal
    8 oz. chicken
    1 cup veggie

MEAL SEVEN: Good meal, leave it!
    1 c of fat-free cottage cheese
    or 1 scoop of protein (casein)

WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Monday

CARDIO (AM) CHEST/BACK (PM)
    Elliptical 15 minutes DB Bench 4 x 6-10
    Treadmill 15 minutes DB Incline 3 x 6-10
    Stair Climber 15 minutes Flys 3 x 12
    Wide Grip Chins 4 x 5
    Chest Supported Rows 4 x 8
    Neutral Grip Pull-Downs 3 x 15

Tuesday

CARDIO (AM) LEGS (PM)
    Swim Squats 4 x 6
    Hack Squat 3 x 10
    Leg Press 2 x 20
    Glute/Ham 3 x 10
    Standing Calf Raise 4 x 8
    Seated calf raise 3 x 10

Wednesday

CARDIO (AM) OFF (PM)
    Swim Swim/ Golf

Thursday

CARDIO (AM) SHOULDERS/TRICEPS (PM)
    Elliptical 15 minutes Military Press 4 x 6-8
    Treadmill 15 minutes Lateral Raises 3 x 10
    Stair Climber 15 minutes DB Upright rows 3 x 8
    Weighted Dips 4 x 8
    Skull-Crushers 4 x 10
    Overhead DB Extensions 2 x 15
    Weighted Abs 3 x 10

Friday

CARDIO (AM) BACK (PM)
    Elliptical 15 minutes Deadlift 4 x 6
    Treadmill 15 minutes pull-Ups 4 x 5
    Stair Climber 15 minutes Bent Row 4 x 8
    Hammer Strength Pull-down 3 x 15
    Your diet is really pretty much g2g bro, IMO. I made a few changes, but you're on the right track. Still need to see macro info so we can really dig in though. Also need to know your goals, gaining, cutting, etc?

thanks for the post. i know i was getting inpatient, just started the gym back, just ancy i guess. sorry. i have been following that diet as a guide. i understand where u are saying about the pre-workout meal. here is what i usually have on an everyday basis. my goal is to drop some bodyfat and to just look fit. havent seen my abs since i was a little kid, so if i can just get to see the outline of them, i would be happy. i can gain weight very easy (both muscle and fat) but it is very hard for me to drop the weight. i like to eat too much! i started two weeks ago, but havent got to the weight lifting part of my program because my shoulder is not 100% yet. weighted 194 the first day and now 191. Weekends are my nemesis; I usually drink on one of the days. I always have something going on. i dislocated it in talladega, go figure. cant really do a push up without it hurting. i guess i just need to give it a few more weeks to heal up. I should be starting some deca soon, so that should help out some (400mg/week). here is what I try to do:

-gym 530 - treadmill 30 mins on an incline (give or take 400 cals burned)

meal one 700: oats/3 whole eggs/ blueberries or banana (mixed in the oatmeal)
    pro=20g carb=36g fat= 18g cals= 470
    meal two 1000: packet of tuna w/ mustard and mrs. dash(no salt)
    pro=18 carb=1g fat=.5 cals=80
    meal three 1200: usually chicken (or some other lean protein)/ two veggies (usually green)
    pro= 40g carb=10g fat=5-8 cals= about 300
    meal four 230-300: usually chicken (or other lean protein)/ two veggies (usually green)
    pro= 40g carb=10g fat=5-8 cals= about 300
    meal five 500: this is usually pre-workout meal (need help with this one, usually starving at this point) protein shake(whey)/slice of wheat bread/turkey
    pro= 46g carb= 25g fat=10g cals= 330 (are you thinking eat oatmeal again here instead of wheat bread?)

-gym 530 – want to start lifting here once shoulder is better. For now, I am doing just light weights and legs. Workouts vary day to day. Usually burn another 300-400 cals

Meal six 730-800: lean protein (chicken/beef/fish)/sweet potato
    pro=40-50g carb= 30g fat= 8-10 cal= 400

meal seven 900-930: this one is usually optional. Sometimes I am too full to eat.
    Cottage cheese/1/4 scoop protein/ natty peanut butter
    Pro= 41g carb=17g fat= 19g cal=320

Quote Originally Posted by nk92mi View Post
    I should be starting some deca soon, so that should help out some (400mg/week).
    I would not run a cycle anytime soon. First, how old are you, and do you have any cycle history? Secondly, your BF is too high IMO.

i have a couple of cycles under my belt. i am 28. last cycle last year was 200mg of primobolan for 10 weeks, anavar for 5weeks, and winny the last 5 weeks. gained about 12 pounds of lean mass. went from a 35 to 33 waist. was eating good, but nothin like i have been learning in these diet sections. plan on doing 280mg/week test prop for 10 weeks (40mg/day), deca for first 5 weeks (400mg/week), ot (turnibol) 40mg/day for 6 weeks. i also have this hgh fragment 176-191 that i got just to try it out. didnt cost me too much for these things, but it was my only source so its what i have now. mainly just want a healing cycle. to help out with my joinnts and tendons, i need to strengthen them up.

Well, at least your a good age. If I can't change your mind, good luck with the cycle and keep us posted on your progress. Honestly, I think your BF is too high and puts you at risk for sides. I would consider cutting naturally for 3 months and then revisit the cycle idea. Your choice of course, just my .02

gotcha. i appreciate your advice. i think i am going to try the cycle, and just try to keep on the meal plan. it is crazy how a body can change in three weeks. i am at 188 right now and legs are gettin strong. did them saturday and they are really not sore at all, love doing squats! shoulder starting to feel better so i am going to start out with some light weights this week. my endurance is going up also, but i know that i need to push the cardio a lil harder in the AM. i have people at work that see me everyday asking me if i lost some weight, so something positive is happeing here. i can definitely see now, how important the dieting part is. i am getting better at it

oh yeah, i also have asthma and prescribed albuterol. but i only use it as needed. i need to use right before i hit the gym. do you think that clen would be a good thing to add to the end of this? i have used it in the past, it helped with my breathing. also to note, blood pressure 100/68, HR 48. low heartrate because the running i have been doing.

it has 21 days since i started this. doing well except on weekends, like to drink on saturdays. trying to limit that now. i was looking at a calender from last year this time, and i weighted 205. today i weighted 187. i am starting to see definition again in my arms, but it is still early. my strength has definitely gone up. i struggled on squats the first week, now i barely get sore from them. cant do heavy weight with squats b/c of back, but i did 185, 3 sets of 10 with no problem. havent started the good part of the cycle yet, just doing frag everyday ( dont know if it works, may take longer time like hgh) and 40mg of test prop split between two doses (every 12 hrs). i think that once i start the deca , i will bump the test up to 80mg/day, for the 4-5 weeks. then lower the test back to 40mg/day for a month. after the deca is done, i will start the turinabol at 50-60mg/day for the final 5-6 weeks. then i will start some nolv for pct. i will use the frag til i run out of it, have 14 bottles at 2mg each.

Sounds like you're making good progress. I'm not sure about Clen given your condition, although I know it's prescribed for asthma so you'd probably be fine.

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if u can just hold off a lil while before cycle and get ur BF down too like 14 percent or so that would be best for u hit cardio hard for the next month then start the cycle bf a lil 2 high too start right now

i am trying to hold off as long as i can on the deca . it is burning a whole in my drawer if ya know what i mean. i plan on doing it within a month. i know that my BF wont be as low as i will need it, so i will have to work harder on the diet aspect.

thanks for the advice.

Thread Information