cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Calorie Calculator; maintain? bulk? cut?

I used the calorie calculator here:
    http://www.hardcorebodybuildingonthe...loriecalc.htm#

To maintain weight it says I need 3269 calories a day. I checked this number on other sites and it seems right.

I am about to design a meal plan in which I eat the same 6 meals a day for at least a month. I am nearing the end of my first cycle and would like to lose some fat while sacrificing as little muscle as possible. Essentially, I would like to go from 5'8" , 190 lbs to about 180 lbs leaner and harder. Timewise I would ilke to do this in 3 months.

Would it be in my best interest to eat as close to 3269 calories a day as possible for this goal? Would I actually need to eat 3000 calories a day to meet my goal?

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Ok I was reading another thread and during PCT I have to eat more than maintenance.

After that though I wanna cut so would 3000 calories be appropriate thanks

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I dont think by simply eating 269 calories below maintenance is going to get you to your goal in the time you are hoping for. You have 35,000 calories of fat to burn. At that rate you are looking at 130 days IF (and thats a huge if) your calorie deficit burned 100% fat. Even 75% fat would be on the high side putting you at your desired weight in more like 6 months. If it were me I would bump my calories up closer to TDEE and get lean by doing cardio.

Thread Information