Thread: DIET soda

GS4
    GS4 is offline Junior Member

DIET soda

I cant enough of this stuff, I try to drink as muxh water as possible, but I like me some diet coke to say the least I have about 3-4 a day, I read a few articles about it, but theres a lot of contradiction about this topic. Im on a clean bulk diet, so im trying to stay away from sugars amd sweets at the moment.
    Last edited by GS4; 05-29-2010 at 03:59 PM.

mikeyc is offline New Member
    I came to this forum about to ask the same question. The extent of my knowledge is that in the UK diet coke is made with aspartame which I have heard (dubious) decreases fat metabolism. I drink tons of the stuff myself regardless, especially after a really dry meal of tuna or something and I need to get the taste out of my mouth.

When I visited the US I remember it being made with sucralose instead, apparently that's meant to be better for you in some way because it does not metabolise into phenylalanine.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    well here is the thing if you were doing a cutter, personally I try avoid as much as I can from any soda and that includes sugar free ones.

Now cause you are doing a clean bulk, a sugar free soda once a day or once every second day, I dont see a problem getting little bit of enjoyment.

But consuming 3-4 a day, first of all cant be good for you for health reasons, not just on the results aspect of things.

As when your doing a cutter, consuming 3-4 sugar free soda will reduce and alter your results can be counter productive.

Do I have studies umm no but I can tell you from experience, when im cutting and cancel my sugar free soda, made a huge difference to my results..

YoungGunsNY is offline Associate Member
    Diet soda replaces carbs with chemicals that I heard could be carcinogenic after consuming for a long period of time. Now I'm not sure about this so don't quote me or anything, but that very well could've just been a rumor.

Anyway, I stay away from diet soda and get my sweet fix from crystal light, mainly because diet soda has over 200mg per can and more per bottle. I cook with seasonings that have NO sodium, so why would I take in something that has a decent amount of sodium when crystal light is 5 calories and no sodium.

Thread Information