40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member

Does drinking tons of egg whites cause body odor?

I"m not talking about flatulence, I know it does that. I have been consuming 40-50 raw egg whites a day for the past couple of weeks and my wife is telling me that our whole house stinks and my body stinks and it is from the egg whites.

I could even buy that odor could come from the mouth so began brushing my teeth and tongue much more regularly, as well as gargling. Obviously I use deodorant and shower as usual.

I just did an internet search and could find nothing about consuming large ammt's of raw egg whites causing body odor through the pours of one's body. Obviously I don't want to smell, I have a job and co-workers and don't want to be mr. stinky on the job. So if it's true I will make a change in this diet, but I want to know if there is any merit to it.

Or is she exaggerating because of my flatulence (which does stink real bad) and maybe because she has some sort of psychological issue with me drinking 40-50 egg whites a day.

She has offered to boil eggs for me but peeling and dumping the yokes takes extra time I would prefer to avoid. It also takes longer to consume them.

So is there any merit, any science to back up what she is claiming.... that I now have terrible BO because I am drinking large ammt's of egg whites?

Wannabejacked is offline New Member
    I'm not sure about the smell, but 50 raw egg whites a day? That is easy over 200g of protein right there. What does the rest of your diet consist of? The key might be in the other things your eating, post your diet. Eggs whites are one of Gods great gifts, but too much of anything cant be good. Never heard of someone drinking 350 egg whites a week. Here is an article I found regarding food and body odor. Didn't come across anything specifically linking egg whites and odor though. Good luck.

http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_bodyo.htm

Well I"m 6'2", broad shouldered and weigh in at around 240 and i'm shooting for like 350g or more of protein/day or more. I get my other protein from chicken breast and turkey breast. I also eat complex carbs (oats and Ezekiel bread) and healthy fats (natty peanut butter, flax seeds, and extra virgin olive oil. I drink lots of water too. I do not get nearly enough veggies I must admit.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bad breath and body odor from perspiration can also indicate liver or kidney issues. These issues can come from dietary imbalances.
    I would say there is a very good chance that the odor is from the eggs. You need to detoxify and start with a balanced diet, you got way to many egg whites.

Info appreciated terraj, even thou u made my (short term) eating/meal prep routines much harder

Lol.

I still don't know if it causes body odor, but I wound up with constipation up the ass last night cuz of it. Had to give myself an enema lol. The pack said to keep it in there for 2 min and you will feel the force to take a crap u won't be able to resist. I had that shit up my ass for 10 min and didn't even feel the need to go bad, that's how constipated i was hahaha. Also, after reading that article u posted I realized my liver was and had been hurting. I'm gonna break open my 2lb's of milk thistle seeds and start chewing on them today to see if they make any difference as the liver is still hurting (I'm prepping for a Test P/Var cycle, hence the thistle).

Gottu up da oats and such and I'm downgrading to 1 dozen boiled egg whites max/day.

On the upside I just ordered 10,000 iu's of HCG throu my insurance as me and my wife had been seeing a fertility dr. I hope they don't have a system to follow up to find out we are not doing a fertility cycle right now and i'm trying to get the HCG on the cheap thru insurance.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 06-16-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    I still don't know if it causes body odor, but I wound up with constipation up the ass last night cuz of it. Had to give myself an enema lol. The pack said to keep it in there for 2 min and you will feel the force to take a crap u won't be able to resist. I had that shit up my ass for 10 min and didn't even feel the need to go bad, that's how constipated i was hahaha. Also, after reading that article u posted I realized my liver was and had been hurting. I'm gonna break open my 2lb's of milk thistle seeds and start chewing on them today to see if they make any difference as the liver is still hurting (I'm prepping for a Test P/Var cycle, hence the thistle).

Gottu up da oats and such and I'm downgrading to 1 dozen boiled egg whites max/day.

On the upside I just ordered 10,000 iu's of HCG throu my insurance as me and my wife had been seeing a fertility dr. I hope they don't have a system to follow up to find out we are not doing a fertility cycle right now and i'm trying to get the HCG on the cheap thru insurance.

We are around the same age, and I tell you this ...... for us, Fiber is the most important part of the diet, keep the body healthly then up the protein....not a bad idea to cut the protein right back to maybe half of what you would normally take, even if it is just for a few days, you need to give the organs a break sometimes and also mix the protein sources up.

6ft5 is offline Member
    Lol my farts are leathal! Egg whites by the carton. Small carton has 8 sevings at 6g pro each. Like 48g one cup oats has like 54 carbs 10 pro. Scoop natty pb 20g fat 10 g pro. All estemates as I'm not looken at labels now. The egg whites are also pasturized which makes it safer to drink and not stress vitals to much. Just my .o2
    My process is buy a bunch of cartons.
    Boil water throw in oats, slam eggs. Eat pb till oats are dun. Slam oats w ff milk to cool. And it makes em easier to eat. Takes about 15 minits.

sean_holland is offline Associate Member
    I could embalm a concert hall full of people with my Protein Gas! Body odor is the same as its always been.

Thread Information