R69
    R69 is offline Associate Member

Keto type diet advises

Hi
    I want to make a keto type diet and i dont really know what i can eat and what not.Can anyone give me some advices?What food conatins more proteins and not too much carbs?What you people can you tell me about fruits,vegetables and cereals?I dont want to eat more then 3 times a day,now i workout 6 times/week(1 hour/day) and when i will be on the diet i would like to make 4-5 times/week 30 mins of cardio/day.How many calories i will need to maintaign my muscle mass when im on this diet?How many creatine and glutamine to take while im on diet?Im 84 kg's,tall 1,74 m.How much fat i can burn/day when im on a keto type diet?How long to stay on this kind of diet?I will loose power,my muscles will be weaker?I really like to drink milk,the milk what contains?Can i drink milk while im on keto diet?Thanks for the asnwers in advance,any advises are welcome .
    Last edited by R69; 02-07-2003 at 11:15 AM.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Let's see to answer your questions, let's go on down the paragraph:

-My advice, don't do a keto diet. Very unhealthy IMO and very unsafe.
    -Foods, hmmmm well on a keto I don't think you are supposed to go over 20g of carbs a day so good bye to bread, fruit, most veggies. Take in lots of fat and protein. Egg whites, lean cuts of meat, mayo, tuna, flax seed oil, udo's oil, natural PB.
    -Fruits, can't ever have any. Veggies, green leafy ones are ok. Cereal, *laugh*, say goodbye to that.
    -You don't wanna eat more than 3 times a day? Say hello to speeded metabolism and say hello to fat store mode.
    -How much calories needed to maintain muscle? Eat at least 1.5g of protein per lean body pound. That will help, but muscle loss is inevitable. Alot of it, in fact.
    -Creatine, I don't think you need it during this type of diet and cutting phase. Glutamine, 15-20g of a day should be good.
    -How much can u burn....hmmm no idea on this one. Monitor this by taking your body fat and monitoring it. If your weight keeps going down and your BF is remaining constant, you are probably losing water and muscle.
    -How long to stay on the diet? Up to you but I wouldn't recommend over a few weeks.
    -Will you lose power? Yes sir
    -Milk....You can drink it but a glass of it is like 12g of carbs in it of itself there. I wouldn't.

durbin22 is offline Member
    Check out www.c-k-d.com. It's all about keto.

R69
    Thank you very much guys

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    you eat:

chicken, beef, meat and eggs
    and more chicken, beef meat and eggs
    and more ...................

creatine, min 20gr a day

no milk as a glass contains 11gr of carbs

R69
    There si no problem that the meat is fat?In a keto type diet fat is recomanded or....?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

bro......

u must research more about keto diets. I myself don't approve of them, but then again I have my own gig/diet/programs.

If you don't understand about fats, and their very KEY role in keto dieting, better read up!

~SC~

Thread Information