Exilus is offline Banned

need to shed from 15% BF to 10% BF. Offcycle.

im in my last week of test/deca /var cycle, great gains in mass and gonna enter PCT in a few days.

However my current bodyfat (about 14-15%) is unsatisfying to me.

Diet is standard bulking. 3500 cal from oats, bread, pasta, almonds, raisins, rice, tuna, tilapia, horse meat and chicken mostly. getting 250/300 prots, 80g fats i dont count carbs.

I hit hard 1 main muscle a day with a rest days when i feel i need them.

I don't do cardio because i fear to lose the energy required for muscle growth.

I need to know what to do. Do i have to keep my bulking diet/no-cardio during PCT to maximize gains kept? Should i just add 30 mins of cardio after each workout without having to worry about losing gains? Im kind of lost there :S

Stats:
    213 lbs
    5'9
    14% BF

Fetch is offline Member
    Where the **** do you even find horse meat?

Exilus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    Where the **** do you even find horse meat?
    grocery.....its a very rich meat with close to no fat...

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    You need cardiovascular training. People get this idea that any type of cardio will kill muscle gains. If proper nutrition is in order, then you'll be g2g. As long as the cardio isn't excessive.

I would highly suggest cardio at least 3x PW for about 15-20 minutes. Not fasted and not HIIT. Stairmaster, treadmill, ect ect.

Especially being on the juice and considering your getting good nutrition in, you will not lose muscle.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Also, how does horse meat taste? That's something new to me. I've been looking into Bison lately.
    Last edited by HawaiianPride.; 06-28-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Spell check.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've had horse sashimi(raw)...did not like that one.

Exilus is offline Banned
    It tastes better than beef. its a very very dry meat you cant eat that without a glass of water nearby.

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Also, how does horse meat taste? That's something new to me. I've been looking into Bison lately.
    bison is very tasty in fact I tend to like it better than lean beef anyday

HenryHill is offline New Member
    OP! I am in the very same boat. Eating all I can while on cycle ( although on a PH ) and I am dissatisfied with my bf % . I'm around 15/16ish ! I also stopped doing ALL cardio so I could make use of all the extra calories but I am noticing that my lungs are turning to shit ! Cardio is ALWAYS needed ( just very light, like another person mentioned maybe 3x a week very LIGHT cardio ).

I am in the same predicament. When should one start a cut after a cycle? I would NOT start a cut until I am done with PCT, in order to maximize muscle gains. I think you need to eat the same or even a little more to make sure your body keeps those gains and they become perm. But how long should one wait after PCT to start a cut, in order to keep those gains? A month? I am thinking about using clen for a cut.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OK this may be a stupid question/questions but.... are you drinking enough water? How many times a day are you eating? 6+ Are you keeping your salt intake low or almost non existent?

I agree with the cardio. If you want to loose body fat then do cardio.
    meat is meat. I would eat horse meat if it was available to try it at least. Same as I would eat cat or dog...I draw the line at human... unless she is well shaven and clean.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    You can try switching over to a cutting diet.

bmit is offline Member
    How much lean mass did you gain? I wouldn't do cardio during PCT, however I would during bulking if my body fat got too high for my comfort. After PCT you can start working cardio in and S L O W L Y dropping calories to where you are losing fat but not too much of your new muscle. I always subscribed to the theory that you have to give your body some time to adjust to the new weight and muscle before trying to lose weight if you are coming off cycle. Let your body's hormones and your weight stabilize before cutting - go to maintainace calories first, then cut.

Exilus is offline Banned
    about 24 lbs at 14% so i'd say close to 20 lbs lean

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    bump this

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    OK this may be a stupid question/questions but.... are you drinking enough water? How many times a day are you eating? 6+ Are you keeping your salt intake low or almost non existent?

I agree with the cardio. If you want to loose body fat then do cardio.
    meat is meat. I would eat horse meat if it was available to try it at least. Same as I would eat cat or dog...I draw the line at human... unless she is well shaven and clean.
    lol. that's some good stuff.

Agreed. want to lose fat = do cardio. Besides, you need it for your lungs and heart. Being huge is great but what good is it if you can't breath.

Thread Information