Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    flexerguy is offline Junior Member

Critique my diet (and routine) please

Hi guys

Am cutting and using tren /EQ and Test E
    ECA 3x a day

5'2 and 135lbs (now about 133.4 lbs) 16 % bf and want to get to 8% in 8 weeks ...possible???

Maintenance calories for 135 lbs is 2025 kcal
    I cut the calories by 405 kcal for 1620kcal

protein 55%
    Carbs 25%
    fat 20 %

I have 6 meals a day. Each protein meal is equivalent to 37 g of protein and each of my 4 carb meals is equivalent to about 25 g (101 kcal) of carbs.

Meal 1

1 large egg and 7 egg whites
    oatmeal 38 g

workout (weights 4x per week) followed by cardio......cardio on all other days (i do either 45-60 min low intensity or 25 min intervals)

PWO shake 2 scoops protein and 1 scoop gatorade (not included in daily calorie total)

Meal 2

1/2 hr after PWO shake

eye of round 125 g
    potatoes 107 g

Meal 3

1 hr after meal 2

eye of round 125 g
    brown rice 88 g

Meal 4

2hrs after meal 3
    chicken 116 g
    brown rice 88 g

Meals 5 and 6

each about 2-3 hrs after last meal
    chicken 116 g

FATS ....total fat intake for day = 36 g.....22g comes from the protein sources ie meat and eggs so that leaves 15 g to take in other forms....i do 15 g of almonds with last meal or 1.5 Tbl spoon natty peanutbutter

debating whether to put veggies in meals 5-6

Sunday Low carb diet : 1620 kcal with 55% protein/ 14 % carbs (57 g)/ 31 % fat

Thinking of doing cardio 2x a day ..what u think?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You are 5'2 135 and cutting? And also running test/tren /eq.

Please stop now.

Have you researched at all. You dont need steroids at this point. I understand you are shorter but i find it hard to believe at 5'2 135 that you need to be cutting. If so you are years away from needing steroids

Yes, but you probably think that I am some teenager. I am 39 and have been working out for 3 yrs or so.

I have 16% body fat and so to get lean I have to cut. Of course I want to get more muscles, but I first would like to be at least 10% bf and then add quality muscle through time without getting fatter than 10 %. When I first started working out I was a skinny fatty.....huge belly and very skinny. I had a sunken chest. I look a lot better now but it is a constant slow process to change my body.
    Last edited by flexerguy; 06-30-2010 at 02:58 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by flexerguy View Post
    5'2 and 135lbs (now about 133.4 lbs) 16 % bf and want to get to 8% in 8 weeks ...possible???[/B]
    I haven't even looked over the full diet yet, but bro, dropping 8% bodyfat in 8 weeks just isn't going to happen IMO. Once you get down to 12% or so, it starts getting really tough. You'd need at least 3 months minimum.

You are probably right but I am deceiving myself. Well then what % of fat do you think that I can get down to in about 8 weeks? Woudld 10-11 % sound reasonable? I don't mind continuing with the diet after the cycle but I don't want to lose any of my muscle gained. Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I haven't even looked over the full diet yet, but bro, dropping 8% bodyfat in 8 weeks just isn't going to happen IMO. Once you get down to 12% or so, it starts getting really tough. You'd need at least 3 months minimum.
    Last edited by flexerguy; 06-30-2010 at 03:21 PM.

You are probably right but I am deceiving myself. Well then what % of fat do you think that I can get down to in about 8 weeks? Woudld 10-11 % sound reasonable? I don't mind continuing with the diet after the cycle but I don't want to lose any of my muscle gained. Comments?
    Hey, there's nothing wrong with striving for 8%. If that's what makes you work your ass off to be the best you can, then keep 8% in your head as the goal.

Honestly, I think even 10-11% is pushing it. You could do it, but you'd probably have to forgo some muscle as well. I think you can do 13% no problem, which is a noticable difference from 16%, so don't think that's bad.

So no opinions on the diet?

Hi guys

Am cutting and using tren /EQ and Test E
    ECA 3x a day

5'2 and 135lbs (now about 133.4 lbs) 16 % bf and want to get to 8% in 8 weeks ...possible???

Maintenance calories for 135 lbs is 2025 kcal
    I cut the calories by 405 kcal for 1620kcal

protein 55%
    Carbs 25%
    fat 20 %

I have 6 meals a day. Each protein meal is equivalent to 37 g of protein and each of my 4 carb meals is equivalent to about 25 g (101 kcal) of carbs.

Meal 1

1 large egg and 7 egg whites
    oatmeal 38 g

Not sugar packet oatmeal, right?

workout (weights 4x per week) followed by cardio......cardio on all other days (i do either 45-60 min low intensity or 25 min intervals)

PWO shake 2 scoops protein and 1 scoop gatorade (not included in daily calorie total)

How about a complex carb here? Add some oats to your shake, and personally i'd drop the sugar gatorade

Meal 2

1/2 hr after PWO shake

eye of round 125 g
    potatoes 107 g

What kind of potatoes?

Meal 3

1 hr after meal 2

eye of round 125 g
    brown rice 88 g

Good meal, but too close to meal 2, 1 hour isn't enough time. Go for 2-2.5 hours

Meal 4

2hrs after meal 3
    chicken 116 g
    brown rice 88 g

Meals 5 and 6

each about 2-3 hrs after last meal
    chicken 116 g

That's it, just chicken? What about fiberous veggies? Good that your doing fats in these 2 meals

FATS ....total fat intake for day = 36 g.....22g comes from the protein sources ie meat and eggs so that leaves 15 g to take in other forms....i do 15 g of almonds with last meal or 1.5 Tbl spoon natty peanutbutter

debating whether to put veggies in meals 5-6

No debate, do it! Fiberous veggies - spinach, asparagus, broccoli, etc

Sunday Low carb diet : 1620 kcal with 55% protein/ 14 % carbs (57 g)/ 31 % fat

Thinking of doing cardio 2x a day ..what u think?
    Overall, I don't really like the macro breakdown. I think protein is too high and carbs are too low. I'd shoot for closer to a 40/40/20 split, even 45/35/20. You need energy, period.

I think cardio 2x a day is GREAT, but again, you will probably burn LBM because you aren't taking in enough energy.

Critiquies above in bold

- Well the potatoes are red or sometimes white potatoes cooked in the oven.
    - I chose the 55/25/20 split since i wanted about 1.65g of protein per body weight...if calculations are correct then that would translate into 55 % for protein and i wanted at least 20% fat so the remainder is 25% for carbs. I wanted the high intake of protein to prevent loss of lean muscle. I remember reading somewhere that naturals should take 1.25-1.5 g/lb of body weight during a cut and aas users should have a higher intake 1.75- 2 g / lb. I took the midground at did 1.65 g. I have also been searching this site and saw somebody else doing around 55% and thought it also supported my hypothesis. of course his fat intake was like 6% and carbs was 39% idk isnt 6% a little low for fat??? (Pre competition diet 11 weeks out. PLEASE help anyways that was my thought....

- as far as the one of the meals being 1 hr after the last...welll i wanted to have calories in the system not too long after my workout to supply nutrients ...idk if that makes sense but...somebody once taught me to do this
    Last edited by flexerguy; 07-02-2010 at 03:00 PM.

ok here is another question....if one is cutting naturally then a drop in poundage is good and indicates in general that most likely fat is being lost (water too i guess) It is easier to know when to adjust the calories in such a case. However, if one is cutting on aas you can technically lose fat while gaining muscle. This would mean that scale weight would not change but fat loss is happening (you can also lose weight also). Thus, one would have to judge if the latter is happening by the way you look. If I remember correctly, fireguy1 also said this somewhere ...his wife gained muslce and lost fat....anyways it is hard for me to judge visually whether i have changed in the last 4 weeks...i am using the tape measure around the belly to gadge this....i cant remember exactly what i was at the start of the cut but i think i lost 2 inches so far...pound wise i am only down 3lbs....idk if i should lower the calories or what...would appreciate some input thanks
    Last edited by flexerguy; 07-02-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I'm just gonna come out and say it. Your goals are achievable. Run a keto diet, no carb-up/cheat. Get some clen from lion. Do 60 minutes at 120-125 bpm stairmaster cardio ed. You get what you put in.

As for responsible advice, Gbrice has your diet looking nice.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flexerguy;****060
    ok here is another question....if one is cutting naturally then a drop in poundage is good and indicates in general that most likely fat is being lost (water too i guess) It is easier to know when to adjust the calories in such a case. However, if one is cutting on aas you can technically lose fat while gaining muscle. This would mean that scale weight would not change but fat loss is happening (you can also lose weight also). Thus, one would have to judge if the latter is happening by the way you look. If I remember correctly, fireguy1 also said this somewhere ...his wife gained muslce and lost fat....anyways it is hard for me to judge visually whether i have changed in the last 4 weeks...i am using the tape measure around the belly to gadge this....i cant remember exactly what i was at the start of the cut but i think i lost 2 inches so far...pound wise i am only down 3lbs....idk if i should lower the calories or what...would appreciate some input thanks
    Take pictures in the mirror. Look for specific spots where you'd like to see more definition. Take them every week. After 4 weeks, make your call as to lowering calories.

Also, switch to sweet potatoes all the time.

PS - red potatoes are white potatoes with a red skin, no difference! As Damien said - do sweet potatoes or yams for ALL your potato meals, no more white carbs!

Ok guys ...I wish somebody would have commented on my earlier response which I quoted below in part. I hope Tops or MIKE XXL or fireguy1 (I know the latter is busy with contest prep - I wish you the best bro) would reply.

If one was to do a 40/40/20 diet which is very common then the person would in general get 1.25g per lb of body weight if that. Is that enough protein to protect the muscles? I am weary of reducing the protein since I don't want to lose the hard earned muscle. The extra protein will have an anti-catabolic effect so this is why I have kept it at 1.65g per lb of body weight (note i did not say per lb of lean body weight).

Comments please!!

Ok if I decided to keep it this high for the above mentioned reason then would it be wrong to do something like a 55/35/10. Basically this would constitute a high carb day. This could be cycled with a lower carb and high fat day eg 55/15/30.

Comments please!

Quote Originally Posted by flexerguy;****008
    - - I chose the 55/25/20 split since i wanted about 1.65g of protein per body weight...if calculations are correct then that would translate into 55 % for protein I wanted the high intake of protein to prevent loss of lean muscle. I remember reading somewhere that naturals should take 1.25-1.5 g/lb of body weight during a cut and aas users should have a higher intake 1.75- 2 g / lb. I took the midground at did 1.65 g.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    How long have you been following that diet for and what results have you got, if any?

I did maintenance diet for about 10 days till cycle kicked in and then a keto for 2 weeks (Don't ask why...its a long story and was not my idea lol). This diet I have been doing for 2 weeks. I think when I first started at the beginning of my cycle my waist around the belly was about 34-36 inches and now it is 32 inches....so 2-3 inches down. I have gone down only about 4 lbs.
    Last edited by flexerguy; 07-12-2010 at 04:13 PM.

BJJ
    6 Meals are fine but wait not less than 2.5/3 hours among the meals.
    Add to your diet fiberous veggies which you lack totally.
    Get rid of the gatorade, you may add a half small banana (not green) or if never tried before a low GI carb (for example 50 g of melon).
    Calculate your protein intake to 1.5 g per pound of weight, not more.

Regarding what you planned to achieve, just forget it.
    Actually, you may achieve that but will lose a lot of LBM.

Ok will change the protein to 1.5 g per pound...which is 1.5 x 132=198 g/lb or 792 kcal for protein out of the total amount of protein. and if i go with 1525 kcal (which is 500 kcal below maintenance) that would mean that protein would comprise 52% ...so that is ok?....how should i allot the remaining calories to carb and fat? 33 and 15 %???

ok you are saying that my goal of 10%bf is unrealistic for the remaining amount of time. ok fine...once the aas cycle is done would you recommend cutting to get to 10% or what ...i really dont want to lose muslce.

thanks for you feedback and as well everyone else who posted!!

BJJ
    Look your cycle makes no sense with the way you eat and or intend to proceed.

2 Questions here:

1. How did you calculate you BMR?
    2. How old are you?

I used the following method to compute maintenance calories which I guess is DEE ...basically 15kcal per pound....15 X 135 lbs (i was that at the time) = 2025kcal and if i ate this many calories then i stayed at that weight....if i look at the typical forumula to calculate BMR (BMR = 66+ (13.7 X Lean Weight In Kg) + (5 X height in cm )-(6.8 X age) then BMR would be 1297 and DEE 1296 X 1.6 = 2075 which is close to what i have ....just 50 kcal difference

I am 39

BJJ
    My calculation leads me to 1420 and not 1297.

66+(13.7*61)+(5*157)-(6.8*39)

You are using body weight 135/2.2=61 kg ...the forumula calls for LEAN body weight so 135-16% =113.39 /2.2= 51.55 kg

height 158 cm

BJJ
    You are using body weight 135/2.2=61 kg ...the forumula calls for LEAN body weight so 135-16% =113.39 /2.2= 51.55 kg

height 158 cm
    Look you said you are lean then 16% is not correct in the first place.
    Second, the formula calls for weight in kilos only.

The formula you talk about, which takes into account the body fat percentage, cannot be applied to your case because you should have a correct number to use.

So, I would stick with the basic one to be more precise.

My total weight at the time was 135 lbs with fat and all. I was 16% body fat at the beginning of the cycle ...it was measured via calipers..I am wanting to lean out....the formula asks for Lean body weight so would I not subtract 16% from my weight which includes the fat??? thanks

BJJ
    My total weight at the time was 135 lbs with fat and all. I was 16% body fat at the beginning of the cycle ...it was measured via calipers..I am wanting to lean out....the formula asks for Lean body weight so would I not subtract 16% from my weight which includes the fat??? thanks
    You cannot use the Katch-McArdle formula (BMR based on lean body weight) because you should have your body composition tested.
    BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

What you need is the simple Harris-Benedict formula (BMR based on total body weight):

The Harris Benedict equation is a calorie formula using the factors of height, weight, age, and sex to determine basal metabolic rate (BMR). This makes it more accurate than determining calorie needs based on total bodyweight alone. The only variable it does not take into consideration is lean body mass. Therefore, this equation will be very accurate in all but the extremely muscular (will underestimate caloric needs) and the extremely overfat (will overestimate caloric needs).

Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 X wt in kg) + (1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in years)

Note: 1 inch = 2.54 cm.
    1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs.

Example:
    You are female
    You are 30 yrs old
    You are 5' 6 " tall (167.6 cm)
    You weigh 120 lbs. (54.5 kilos)
    Your BMR = 655 + 523 + 302 - 141 = 1339 calories/day

Now that you know your BMR, you can calculate TDEE by multiplying your BMR by your activity multiplier from the chart below:

Activity Multiplier
    Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
    Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
    Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
    Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
    Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

Example:
    Your BMR is 1339 calories per day
    Your activity level is moderately active (work out 3-4 times per week)
    Your activity factor is 1.55
    Your TDEE = 1.55 X 1339 = 2075 calories/day

Oh and i did use kg in formula...51.55 kg for lean body weight

BJJ
    Do not complicate your life, lol.

Sorry i am confused ...i did have a body composition and i was 16%

Ok I the source I got this formula from says lean body weight ...ok whatever....i can use this version....where do i go from here...what 1.5 g per pound for protein then what for fat and carbs?
    Last edited by flexerguy; 07-13-2010 at 10:15 AM.

BJJ
    Use the Katch-McArdle formula then and use your LBM number, forget about the fat.

That is fine but then what macros ...1.5 g protein per lb and the fat and carbs what %?

BJJ
    I just cam back lol.

Sleeping time now, I will answer you deeply tomorrow.

BJJ
    BMR = 370 + (21.6 * 51.55) = 1483 Kcal
    TDEE = 1483 * 1.55 = 2298 Kcal
    DK = 135 * 12 = 1620 Kcal

Proteins: 135 * 1.5 = 202 g (808 Kcal)
    Carbs: 158 g (632 Kcal)
    Fats: 20 g (180 Kcal)
    Total Daily Kcalories: 1620

The above written macros have a proportion between proteins and carbs of 1.27, not suitable for a long time but necessary at the beginning.

After 2 weeks of that regime, a new proportion, more stable and suitable for the organism needs to be set and used. In this case the proteins/carbs relation is 0.83.

Proteins: 135 * 1.1 = 148 g (592 Kcal)
    Carbs: 178 g (712 Kcal)
    Fats: 35 g (315 Kcal)
    Total Daily Kcalories: 1619

Remember, the secret to reduce body fat is to avoid insulin spikes at all cost.
    Drink mineral water only, no more than 1.5 gallons a day.
    Eat only low GI glucides and unsaturated fats.
    My best choices are oat, melon, wild salmon from Alaska and EV olive oil.

Thanks for info BJJ

I am just curious. You would think that the higher amounts of carbs in stage 2 would prevent you from having fat loss...hmmm ok .... when at stage 2 loss slows down would you start carb cycling? So just start removing eg 2 meals of carbs? What is your process for carb cycling?

Oh and why just mineral water?

BJJ
    Thanks for info BJJ

I am just curious. You would think that the higher amounts of carbs in stage 2 would prevent you from having fat loss...hmmm ok .... when at stage 2 loss slows down would you start carb cycling? So just start removing eg 2 meals of carbs? What is your process for carb cycling?
    Sorry I did not understand what you mean here.

Oh and why just mineral water?
    Almost all carbonated water contain bicarbonate. In case of excessive consumption may be poorly tolerated by the body, causing for example swelling, and in some cases cause colitis (irritation of the bowel) or reflux (heartburn) in a person more sensitive.
    The last thing you want is to mess up your intestine.

So I take it that 1.5 g and 1.1 g of carbs are enough to maintian current lean muslce mass?

Ok so lets say I wanted to diet a year later. I take the same ratios of 1.5 g of protein and 1.1 g of protein as well as the protein and carb ratios mentioned would remain the same. Ones calories might differ based upon a new calculated BMR etc right?

So if one does not want to spike insulin levels then the PWO shake should have no gatorade right? And carb meals can be consumed earlier and the later meals would have the firbrous carbs ie veggies.?

What about cycling of carbs? Do you do that at a later stage. ie 2 days high carb then low...do you simply take out eg 2 meals of carbs
    Last edited by flexerguy; 07-14-2010 at 12:50 PM.

BJJ
    You do not need that, IMO.

Carbs cycling is for those who are already ripped and want to get rid the hardest part.

First get down to 10%, then you may want to consider carbs cycling.

ok ...oh I was modifying my last post while you were on here so you probably did not see my other questions

BJJ
    So I take it that 1.5 g and 1.1 g of carbs are enough to maintian current lean muslce mass?

Ok so lets say I wanted to diet a year later. I take the same ratios of 1.5 g of protein and 1.1 g of protein as well as the protein and carb ratios mentioned would remain the same. Ones calories might differ based upon a new calculated BMR etc right?

So if one does not want to spike insulin levels then the PWO shake should have no gatorade right? And carb meals can be consumed earlier and the later meals would have the firbrous carbs ie veggies.?

What about cycling of carbs? Do you do that at a later stage. ie 2 days high carb then low...do you simply take out eg 2 meals of carbs
    Dinner time lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information