Thread: "Empty Stomach"

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member

"Empty Stomach"

How long after you eat is your stomach considered "empty"?

And how long before eating should you consume things that should be taken on an "empty stomach"?

NBRD1808 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878;****645
    How long after you eat is your stomach considered "empty"?

And how long before eating should you consume things that should be taken on an "empty stomach"?
    A lot of this would be dependant on the type of foods eaten, the quantity of food eaten in relation to digestion and metabolism. also the level of activity that followed the consumption of food eg. sitting on the couch after a meal vs. weight training/cardio etc. Of course there is all the usual signs: feeling of hunger, fatigue, hunger pains, shaking, low blood sugar etc etc.

Duno if this is 100% right but i usually consume things that require an empty stomach about 20mins or so before eating, that should be enough time for the body to begin digesting most things.

If its stimulants/fat burners etc i usually just wait till i feel them begin to kick in then eat if i have to

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NBRD1808;****693
    A lot of this would be dependant on the type of foods eaten, the quantity of food eaten in relation to digestion and metabolism. also the level of activity that followed the consumption of food eg. sitting on the couch after a meal vs. weight training/cardio etc. Of course there is all the usual signs: feeling of hunger, fatigue, hunger pains, shaking, low blood sugar etc etc.

Duno if this is 100% right but i usually consume things that require an empty stomach about 20mins or so before eating, that should be enough time for the body to begin digesting most things.

If its stimulants/fat burners etc i usually just wait till i feel them begin to kick in then eat if i have to
    Yeah I was figuring about a 1/2 hour before you eat or about an hour afterwards. Just a guess though.

Thread Information