blazerelf is offline Associate Member

eating too much is giving me problems advice please

Hi well im a ectomorph so it's clear that im aiming to gain weight; I eat 7 times a day with an estimate of 4000 calories where 50% is carb 30-40% prot and the rest fat, im really strict and constant with that.
    But my problem is that ive noticed that every time i have a meal and i get stuffed i get sleepy,lazy,weak and slow pritty much like a toy with low battery's,many of you might think this is good since you'll be sleeping alot but atleast a person like me has to go college and i cant be feelin lazy or sleepy in class or while studying. I sleep pritty good (from 10pm-5am + 2-3 hours after im back from college) and in weekend i sleep from (11pm-9 or even 11 and still i feel this way those days!)
    I researched and was told its a normal issue that After a big meal your blood supply goes to your digestive tract to help you digest faster which results in less blood flow to your other systems and as a result you get tired.

If true and this is something normal hopefully someone reading this might know how to not have this happening,idk maybe different way of eating or so (btw i eat decent amount of sugar)

Some will say to just stp being lazy and to just do stuff,but it's not the same, it wont be as efective as in a nrmal way,(pritty much like a soccer player breaking a leg or screwing a tendon,no matter if he trys hard he will never be the same)

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Eat less sugar. Eat lean meat, complex carbs (beans, lentils, whole grains, sweet potato), and incorporate a bit more healthy fat and at least 8g omega-3 daily. I'm sure you're just eating the wrong foods from the sound of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Eat less sugar. Eat lean meat, complex carbs (beans, lentils, whole grains, sweet potato), and incorporate a bit more healthy fat and at least 8g omega-3 daily. I'm sure you're just eating the wrong foods from the sound of it.
    this is what I eat suggestions please
    5am-can of tuna
    9am-1st half shake (3scoop of g-mass shakepowder,2scoop penut butter,1/4 oat,cup of corn flakes"i drink the half")
    11am-cup o rice or pasta
    1pm-cup rice or pasta with chickn/meat/fish(around a cup) "also lettice,beans it varys daily"
    4pm-same as above again
    6pm-1 scoop shake,1/4oat before gym
    7pm-gym
    8:00/30pm-2 scoops shake
    10pm-2nd hale shake (3scoop of g-mass shakepowder,2scoop penut butter,1/4 oat,cup of corn flakes"the half leaft")

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    focus on whole foods.... skip the bfast cereal and instead go with some old fashioned rolled oats.
    the reason I don't like rice is that it is usually "white" rice which has been stripped of it's nutritious outer hull. If you must eat rice, go with a natural brown rice.
    the reason I don't like pasta (usually) is that it is usually made from enriched flour, which we all know, is basically crap. it converts to glucose extremely fast, and spikes your insulin levels.

this is NOT a balanced diet! Where is your fruit and veggies?

Here's what you do. go to the diet section and spend a few hours reading and learning. Come up with a new diet plan. You can even post your new diet plan in that section for us to take a look at. I think once you start eating better, you'll feel better.

and how's your work out routine?

what you think about this??

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    focus on whole foods.... skip the bfast cereal and instead go with some old fashioned rolled oats.
    the reason I don't like rice is that it is usually "white" rice which has been stripped of it's nutritious outer hull. If you must eat rice, go with a natural brown rice.
    the reason I don't like pasta (usually) is that it is usually made from enriched flour, which we all know, is basically crap. it converts to glucose extremely fast, and spikes your insulin levels.

this is NOT a balanced diet! Where is your fruit and veggies?

Here's what you do. go to the diet section and spend a few hours reading and learning. Come up with a new diet plan. You can even post your new diet plan in that section for us to take a look at. I think once you start eating better, you'll feel better.

and how's your work out routine?
    what you say about this??

7am-1/2 cup oat;1cup milk;a banana or apple with skin
    Fat:21 carb:180 prot:35

9am-3 scoop Gmass shake;2tbs peanutbutter
    Fat:19 carb:118 prot:58

11am-can of tuna,2 breads
    fat:14 carb:25 prot:17

1-2pm-1cup rice,1-1.5 ounce chicken
    fat:2 carb:53 prot:31

4pm-1cup rice,1-1.5 ounce chicken

6pm-gym

7:30-8pm:3 scoop Gmass
    fat:5 carb:110 prot:50

10pm-3 eggs,2tbs olive oil extra virgin,1 cup of cranberry juice(unsweetened)
    fat:40 carb:32 prot 17

TOTAL:3961calories fat:102g "where around only 15g is saturated"; carb:571g prot:215g

About the rice ill try to use brown as u said but i reall dont know if its expensive here but is it really really necesaarry?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerelf View Post
    what you say about this??

7am-1/2 cup oat;1cup milk;a banana or apple with skin
    Fat:21 carb:180 prot:35

Where's the protein? Add 2 whole eggs and 4-6 whites. Drop the milk, or at least make it skim. I don't understand your macros - 180g carbs? Where are you getting that from?

9am-3 scoop Gmass shake;2tbs peanutbutter
    Fat:19 carb:118 prot:58

No! 30-50g Lean protein + complex carb here. Drop the shake completely

11am-can of tuna,2 breads
    fat:14 carb:25 prot:17

What kind of bread? Are you mixing the tuna with mayo?

1-2pm-1cup rice,1-1.5 ounce chicken

Make sure it's brown rice. Again, macros are screwed up. 1-1.5oz chicken? That's about 12g protein, tops. Make it at least 4oz

4pm-1cup rice,1-1.5 ounce chicken

Same as above. Make the change and this is a good pre-workout meal
    6pm-gym

7:30-8pm:3 scoop Gmass
    fat:5 carb:110 prot:50

Forget the Gmass. Make this 2 scoops whey protein + complex carb - oats right in the shake is easiest IMO

10pm-3 eggs,2tbs olive oil extra virgin,1 cup of cranberry juice(unsweetened)
    fat:40 carb:32 prot 17

Drop the cranberry juice. Keep the eggs if you want. Make it 1tbsp of olive oil, or drop it all together - too much fat in this meal. Again, macros are off - 1tbsp of olive oil is about 17g fat - 2tbsp is almost 40g by itself - so where is the fat from the eggs? Also, you can go with a simple casein shake here and add 1-2tbsp of natural peanut butter

TOTAL:3961calories fat:102g "where around only 15g is saturated"; carb:571g prot:215g

About the rice ill try to use brown as u said but i reall dont know if its expensive here but is it really really necesaarry?
    Suggestions above in bold. Your diet is really bad right now bro! And yes, brown rice is really REALLY necessary, if you're going to eat rice. White rice is crap, might as well eat sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Suggestions above in bold. Your diet is really bad right now bro! And yes, brown rice is really REALLY necessary, if you're going to eat rice. White rice is crap, might as well eat sugar.
    thanks for the analysis GB... my interest sometimes wanes when I have to sit there and manually calculate all the macros.

There are so many other good things he could be eating. Sweet potatoes? I still dont' see the fruit/veggies that need to be there. Based on his macro analysis which you say is suspect, it is carb heavy, protein light, which is wrong too.

OP. Your best bet is to go to the diet section (I'm sounding like a broken record here), and maybe just copy down someone else's diet, then tweek it from there. That would be a good start.

You say you go to the gym, but what is your routine?

Back to the diet thing. One thing to always remember to do. Try to eat whole food in it's most natural form. Totally avoid processed food. Avoid sugar. If you are looking at something on your plate, and you cant' really identify what it's made of, you probably shouldn't eat it.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    thanks for the analysis GB... my interest sometimes wanes when I have to sit there and manually calculate all the macros.

There are so many other good things he could be eating. Sweet potatoes? I still dont' see the fruit/veggies that need to be there. Based on his macro analysis which you say is suspect, it is carb heavy, protein light, which is wrong too.
    Good catch, I forgot to also point that out - where are the veggies??? Ok, i'm not the biggest fan of fruit (more so on a cutting diet) due to sugar content, but still... you can't go wrong with veggies. OP, get them in your diet - fiberous veggies like leafy greens, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussell sprouts, etc.

And Times is right - there are more carb sources out there other than rice - quinoa, sweet potato/yam, beans and lentils, etc. And like he said, try to stick with whole/natural foods, and stay away from processed crap.

-not to argue but from what i've heard ectomorph's burn easily and fast the calories and need to consume atleast 50% of the diet in carbs(beside having in concideration the activity lvl).
    -also that i should consume about 1.5g prot per lb of weight which for me is 210g

now Im starting to see their is something i've tought as right, might be wrong or a myth..

OP. Your best bet is to go to the diet section (I'm sounding like a broken record here), and maybe just copy down someone else's diet, then tweek it from there. That would be a good start.

You say you go to the gym, but what is your routine?

Back to the diet thing. One thing to always remember to do. Try to eat whole food in it's most natural form. Totally avoid processed food. Avoid sugar. If you are looking at something on your plate, and you cant' really identify what it's made of, you probably shouldn't eat it.
    yes I've been conciouse that you told me to research in diet section but mostly i find either people trying to tone and lose fat or weight or enormous people who have diets for 200+lb people but ill keep researching for something my level.. Oh ya routine,I've being doing one from that guys called vince delmonte ill be posting ina couple minutes..

BTW thanks for the help ya all

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    They're saying that the nutrition facts/macros (pro/carb/fat/cal) info in your diet is off. Not that you shouldn't eat a high carb, high protein diet bud.

Thread Information