Twin is offline Associate Member

Is this a good PWO drink

gatorade with 2 scoops of whey protein (50 G ) and strawberries.(1 cup)

RED26 is offline Associate Member
    It depends.
    1.- How much gatorade?
    2.- What's your goal?
    3.- Stats? Do you know your daily caloric requirements and proper macronutrient ratios?

Twin is offline Associate Member
    135 lb's. 5 foot 8.
    i dont know my daily calorie requirments. all i know is i am eating 3,000 calories a day for the past month and gained 4 lb's. im bulking hard.

and this type of size.

adzy is offline Junior Member
    Gatorade after every single workout seems a bit pricy.....

Firstly i think you need a fast digesting protein, namely WPI. Since you are bulking i would go with some kind of simple carb, i find dextrose works great.

Depending on what your macros are for the day will ultimately dictate the amount of protein and carbs need PWO. I like to use a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein.

You can also try whole foods as well pre workout, works great!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm not a suscriber of the 2:1 carbsrotein ratio PWO. If you're taking in 50g of whey, I don't see you needing 100g of carbs in that same meal, 50g would be just fine.

As for the shake, i'd mix it with water instead of gatorade and go for a better carb source. Vitargo looks very promising as a fast acting carb, although it may be pricey. I'm personally a fan of complex carbs PWO, I mix oats right into my shake. Then again, i'm forever cutting...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not a big fan of getting my carbs from "gatoraide". I understand the need for simple carbs, but I do not understand why everything has to go in a cup PWO. yes, I do a PWO shake, but I also eat a banana and maybe a little honey in the shake. Whole strawberries PWO is nice too.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Uncooked oats for PWO carbs here. Very lean source.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Pretty wack PWO you've got there. Mix your whey with water and a real carb source. Another vote for oats as the staple suggested by a couple guys. For bulking, you can also use vitargo, waxy maize. You can keep the strawberries in there, very low GI and fibrous. Also, I saw your other thread, you should add 5g creatine monohydrate to that shake regardless.

RED26 is offline Associate Member
    Well, It seems all the answers got here faster than I did...
    So it's simple, as the boys already said.

If you're "bulking", I share the opinions of gbrice75 and I would go with vitargo (waxy maize) instead of the gatorade or just dextrose, if the vitargo looks somewhat expensive to you.

Also, I don't believe either in the "rule" of taking 2:1 ratio of carbs/protein... I think there's no much logic behind that reasoning and some people just couldn't take so much carbs without adding fat. That's why knowing your body, your proper daily macros and calories is so important. You maybe can get away with following that rule, maybe you need even MORE carbs, maybe you need less (most likely)

For cutting, I would keep the recommendation of whey mixed with water and some complex carb with it. (Yeah, oats it's the best, but brown rice also works) But anyways, that's not your case, since you said you're bulking hard and for that matter, the options above are more suitable for your goals.

sprinter911 is offline Associate Member
    HawaiianPride, do you blend the uncooked oats into your shake? I always cook mine the night before and cool it in the fridge so I don't have a hot shake PWO. Uncooked would a lot less time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinter911 View Post
    HawaiianPride, do you blend the uncooked oats into your shake? I always cook mine the night before and cool it in the fridge so I don't have a hot shake PWO. Uncooked would a lot less time consuming.
    He means uncooked. There is no NV difference. Do what's easy.

n00bs is offline Member
    If your going to waste money buy pineapple juice..

sprinter911 is offline Associate Member
    Good deal Damien. Thanks. I'm trying it tomorrow

adzy is offline Junior Member
    So you guys obviously are not fans of the 2:1 ratio. It's always worked well for me, usually 30-40g of protein and 60-80g of carbs. Do you guys still try to have more carbs than protein PWO?

Quote Originally Posted by adzy View Post
    So you guys obviously are not fans of the 2:1 ratio. It's always worked well for me, usually 30-40g of protein and 60-80g of carbs. Do you guys still try to have more carbs than protein PWO?
    Nah, usually always been more like 1:1 in my case. In fact, when I had a later work-out time on my last cycle, I did fats PWO instead. Gained just as well.

Thread Information