zyzz is offline Junior Member

Need Help with my diet!!!

Okay so I am 6'0 238 at 14% bf and am starting my first cycle in a couple of weeks. My main goal during this cycle is to gain muscle while trying to lose bodyfat or atleast help me keep my muscle while dieting.

This is my cycle:

Test-C: 500mg a week for 12 weeks
    Dbol : 30 mg a day for 4 weeks

PCT:
    Clomid: 100/50/50/50
    Nolva:40/20/20/20

My diet will be the following:

Breakfast:
    1 cup of oatmeal with 60 grams of protein powder added.

Snack:
    60 grams protein shake with flax seed oil with 1/2 cup of oatmeal

Lunch:
    3 talapia fillets(60 grams of protein) and 1.5 cups of mixed vegtables.

Post Work out:
    50 grams of protein with 1/2 cup of oatmeal and flax seed oil

Dinner:
    3 talapia fillets and 1.5 cups of mixed vegatables.

Snack:
    50 gram casein shake with flax seed

any help would be awesome. Also I am a college student and I do work so I need to keep the cost down and I don't have time to cook every meal or be able to carry every meal with me.
    Last edited by zyzz; 07-25-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KickboxerChamp View Post
    Okay so I am 6'0 238 at 14% bf and am starting my first cycle in a couple of weeks. My main goal during this cycle is to gain muscle while trying to lose bodyfat or atleast help me keep my muscle while dieting.

This is my cycle:

Test-C: 500mg a week for 12 weeks
    Dbol : 30 mg a day for 4 weeks

PCT:
    Clomid: 100/50/50/50 I would do 100/100/50/50
    Nolva:40/20/20/20 I would do 40/40/20/20

My diet will be the following:

Breakfast:
    1 cup of oatmeal with 60 grams of protein powder added. Drop the protein powder and add egg whites

Snack:
    60 grams protein shake with flax seed oil with 1/2 cup of oatmealDrop the protein and add lean meat

Lunch:
    3 talapia fillets(60 grams of protein) and 1.5 cups of mixed vegtables. Add a carb source such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, ect

Post Work out:
    50 grams of protein with 1/2 cup of oatmeal and flax seed oil Drop the oatmeal and flax, add simple sugar such as dextrose or gatorade, ect

Dinner:
    3 talapia fillets and 1.5 cups of mixed vegatables. You need complex carbs first meal after your workout. Add brown rice, sweet potato ect

Snack:
    50 gram casein shake with flax seed This is ok by me

any help would be awesome. Also I am a college student and I do work so I need to keep the cost down and I don't have time to cook every meal or be able to carry every meal with me.
    This is all my opinion but you need meat in your diet. You have way too many protein powder "meals".

I am a college student who also works 50 hours/week. I have time to cook my meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    This is all my opinion but you need meat in your diet. You have way too many protein powder "meals".
    Thanks. The only reason I have some many protein powder meals is because this is my schedule:

Breakfast at 7:30am
    Class from 8am-12pm (I try to drink my protein shake on the way to my next class)
    Lunch at 12:30pm
    Workout at 2:00pm
    Post workout meal at 4:00pm
    Work at 4:30-9:30pm
    I get like 20-30 mins to eat dinner at 7:30pm
    Drink casein before bed.

See it is just hard for me to have time to cook and even if I pre cook it is hard to have time to eat. Also the protein powder is cheaper for me. I know you don't want alot of protein shakes but If i'm adding it to food will that help??? Also if you know of any real food that is easy to carry and east to eat let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    I am a college student who also works 50 hours/week. I have time to cook my meals.
    Yeah but that doesn't mean we work the same shift and have the same school schedules or live the same distance from work or school. I have tried to pre cook my meals before and it was just to hard for me to have time to sit down and eat. Most of my shakes I drink in the car on the way to work or while walking to the next class etc..

Also I have had many of people say that dextrose will add unwanted body fat and that either a waxy maze or oats should be taken for PWO if you are trying to lean up. What is you opinion on this?

Okay so is this alittle better.

Breakfast:
    1 cup of oatmeal with 8 egg whites

Snack:
    60 grams protein shake with flax seed oil with 1/2 cup of oatmeal.

Lunch:
    3 talapia fillets(60 grams of protein) and 1.5 cups of mixed vegtables.

Post Work out:
    50 grams of protein in gatorade.

Dinner:
    3 talapia fillets and 1.5 cups of mixed vegatables.

Snack:
    50 grams casein shake with flax seed.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KickboxerChamp View Post
    Okay so is this alittle better.

Breakfast:
    1 cup of oatmeal with 8 egg whites add 2 more egg whites and 1-2 whole eggs. 8 whites is only about 30g pro. Shoot for 40 each meal.

Snack:
    60 grams protein shake with flax seed oil with 1/2 cup of oatmeal. I understand sometimes it's gotta be a shake. Maybe do a protein/fat only meal here since you're just sitting in class. Example: 2 scoops whey with 1 tbspn. flax oil.

Lunch:
    3 talapia fillets(60 grams of protein) and 1.5 cups of mixed vegtables. Too much protein in one meal to absorb. The standard BB meal would be 2 fillets. Add 40g complex carbs via sweet potato, lentils, beans, oats, etc as you've already been told. Very important pre-workout, especially on cycle.

Post Work out:
    50 grams of protein in gatorade. No simple sugar PWO. It may not add unwanted body fat due to being in a 100% anabolic state and having depleted glycogen, but it's just not necessary, I promise! In regard to your above post, yes, waxy maize, vitargo, oats would be better to mix with your whey/water.

Dinner:
    3 talapia fillets and 1.5 cups of mixed vegatables. Same critique as your other tilapia meal, add 40g complex carbs, 2 fillets.

Snack:
    50 grams casein shake with flax seed. How much flax? Get in 15g of fat here.
    Wasn't much better. My thoughts are above. Just building on some good advice you've already received.

I am also a grad student and have 2 jobs. I cook all my food one day a week and take everything to work/school in tupperware.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Wasn't much better. My thoughts are above. Just building on some good advice you've already received.

I am also a grad student and have 2 jobs. I cook all my food one day a week and take everything to work/school in tupperware.
    Thanks bro. So here is my new plan:

Breakfast:
    1 cup of oatmeal with 10 egg whites 2 whole eggs.

Snack:
    60 grams protein shake with flax seed oil.

Lunch:
    2 talapia fillets(40 grams of protein) and 1.5 cups of mixed vegtables and whole wheat toast (40 grams of carbs worth)

Post Work out:
    60 grams of protein with oatmeal in shake.

Dinner:
    2 talapia fillets (40 grams of protein) and 1.5 cups of mixed vegatables and whole wheat toast (40 grams of carbs worth)

Snack:
    50 grams casein shake with flax seed.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Much better but unless you're getting sproted grain flourless bread like Ezekiel, it's a pretty shitty carb choice.

Give it a try for a few weeks. You will be surprised at how your body responds. It's much better than your 1st outlined diet.

Thread Information