Fetch is offline Member

Difference in Diet from men to women?

I have a pretty good grasp of what is needed for a guy to gain or lose weight and what to eat to do it as cleanly as possible. Is there a significant difference in what to tell a woman who asks for advice on losing body fat? I would normally figure out the calorie need to maintain weight, have the person eat fewer calories (number varies depending on weight.), and start an aerobic routine. I would also explain which foods are Ok to eat as 'clean', and the times of the day to eat each type of food, (natural peanut butter, lean protein, oats, etc, as opposed to heavily processed stuff.) Do women require different macros than men? I typically like to go with 50/30/20 P/C/F or somewhere close to that for my own diet. Are there any other significant differences between a diet for a woman and one for a man? Does the BMI calculator in the How to Bulk thread work for both sexes?

Sorry if this post is retarded, but I was really curious.

Dan111 is offline Associate Member
    ^Bump

Because my workout partner is a female that I've been friends with for about 10 years and I was kind of wondering this too. I assumed the diet shouldn't need to really be that different, but it'd be nice to get a confirmation from anyone who is more knowledgeable.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    No difference in terms of a good BB diet boys. However, bone density can be more of an issue, especially later in life, so a good calcium supp and some yogurt/dairy should be implemented, at least sometimes.

Thread Information