Guerilla777 is offline New Member

Arrow Attempt #2!! Please critique my diet! (again!)

21 yrs old
    Height: 5'11.25"
    Weight: 190-193lbs.
    BF: about 17% and no cycles yet still trying to get a good diet going and I'm too new to lifting.
    I started bulking when I first got serious about lifting and gained some good weight, however, my diet was too unhealthy (greasy burgers and all). I stopped bulking about 3 months ago when I hit 195 and then lost a couple of pounds. I'm ready to start again and this is the diet that I've come up with:
    NOTE: this is my second attempt at creating a decent diet myself hopefully it's better than last time but as always I thrive off of constructive criticism and yes I know I'm about 17%BF but I'm okay with letting that go up a bit more.

Meal 1 - 1cup oatmeal made with skim milk, 3 whole eggs + 3 whites scrambled P41/CH58/F28

Meal 2 - .5lb. salmon, .5cup pecans, 1cup green beans P52/CH18/F50

Meal 3 – 4oz. chicken, mixed salad, 2tbs ranch, whole wheat bread OR whole wheat brown rice P39/CH60/F4

Meal 4 – 1cup oatmeal, .5weightgainer/protein shake in skim milk P40/CH104/F8

WORKOUT 1hr later

PWO shake(10min. after WO) P50/CH100/F4

Meal 5 (1hr after PWO shake) - .5lb. lean steak, potato, broccoli P60/CH74/F12

TOTALS: P283/CH423/F122

Oh sorry and the calories come out to about 3,900-4,000cal

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerilla777 View Post
    21 yrs old
    Height: 5'11.25"
    Weight: 190-193lbs.
    BF: about 17% and no cycles yet still trying to get a good diet going and I'm too new to lifting.
    I started bulking when I first got serious about lifting and gained some good weight, however, my diet was too unhealthy (greasy burgers and all). I stopped bulking about 3 months ago when I hit 195 and then lost a couple of pounds. I'm ready to start again and this is the diet that I've come up with:
    NOTE: this is my second attempt at creating a decent diet myself hopefully it's better than last time but as always I thrive off of constructive criticism and yes I know I'm about 17%BF but I'm okay with letting that go up a bit more.

Meal 1 - 1cup oatmeal made with skim milk, 3 whole eggs + 3 whites scrambled P41/CH58/F28

Meal 2 - .5lb. salmon, .5cup pecans, 1cup green beans P52/CH18/F50 I am a fan of not having carbs in all meals since some are eaten during sedentary periods. If that's the case here, stick to 1/4 cup for your nut portions. 50g of fat is simply too much. If you're active at this point of the day, I'd replace the pecans with a complex carb source. 40g worth in sweet potato, brown rice, etc. Also, as a note for nuts; almonds, walnuts, and cashews would all be lower in saturated fat and higher in poly/monounsaturated than pecans.

Meal 3 – 4oz. chicken, mixed salad, 2tbs ranch, whole wheat bread OR whole wheat brown rice P39/CH60/F4 I'd say leave out the bread and stick to the whole grain rice. Bread is a heavily processed source. No ranch, it's one of the worst things you can eat. Use vinegar and a dash of oil for salads if you're serious. Also, keep the greens dark and leafy. No iceberg lettuce/carrot salads. How much rice are you eating? Ideally 1 cup or so.

Meal 4 – 1cup oatmeal, .5weightgainer/protein shake in skim milk P40/CH104/F8 Replace the weight gainer with lean meat. 8 oz of lean steak, chicken, turkey, fish, etc. Also, add 1/2 cup oats to your current portion.

WORKOUT 1hr later

PWO shake(10min. after WO) P50/CH100/F4 What makes this 100g carbs? For bulking, I'm fine with a 1:2 p/c ratio PWO but know that it's not necessary and you should still choose a strong carb source. For simple carbs PWO, I'd do 2 scoops of whey with a large serving of fruit, 80g waxy maize, or vitargo. If you wanna keep it complex, 1.5 cup oats mixes right in.

Meal 5 (1hr after PWO shake) - .5lb. lean steak, potato, broccoli P60/CH74/F12 Is this right before bed? If not, I'd do sweet potato instead and add a casein/fat shake as you go to sleep. If this is right before sleep, I'd actually do a pro/fat meal. Sub the carbs with 4 oz. of avocado, 1/4 cup nuts, 2 tbspn. nut butter, 1.5 tbspn. of EVOO, flax oil, macadamia oil, whatever!

TOTALS: P283/CH423/F122
    Suggestions above. You also need to eat more veggies. Are you supplementing with Omega-3 pills? You don't seem to have any EFAs listed.

awesome tips, believe me this is a better diet than my previous one(scary right) but this is exactly the type of info i need to keep dialing in on a good quality diet. i'll make a better copy from here. thank you for taking the time to do this!

oh and no i'm not supplementing with omega 3 pills should i? and the protein shake is a weight gainer. i'll adjust my diet and be more specific with supplements etc. in my next diet post. thanks again

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerilla777 View Post
    oh and no i'm not supplementing with omega 3 pills should i? and the protein shake is a weight gainer. i'll adjust my diet and be more specific with supplements etc. in my next diet post. thanks again
    Yeah. Get 8-12g of omega-3 in.

As for the gainer; it's pointless for someone getting advice here. It's for teenagers who don't understand nutrition and guys who believe they don't have the time for real food. If you replaced your pre-workout gainer with a 50/50 whey/casein shake and 80g complex carbs and your PWO with 2 scoops whey and 80g complex carbs - you'd be "gaining" better. If you don't wanna flush hard-earned money, finish the tub off this month and switch to real food/whey ASAP.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by damienm05 View Post
    yeah. Get 8-12g of omega-3 in.

As for the gainer; it's pointless for someone getting advice here. It's for teenagers who don't understand nutrition and guys who believe they don't have the time for real food. If you replaced your pre-workout gainer with a 50/50 whey/casein shake and 80g complex carbs and your pwo with 2 scoops whey and 80g complex carbs - you'd be "gaining" better. If you don't wanna flush hard-earned money, finish the tub off this month and switch to real food/whey asap.
    ^^^this

ok fair enough no more "weight gainer" after this tub is up. still learning these things but with this type of advice i should be there in no time. thanks

Thread Information