LouHulk is offline Associate Member

My diet needs work, help me.

Hi first off here are my stats

Height : 5' 9 1/4"
    Weight : 180
    Body fat % around 20-22

I was a lot closer to 30% body fat about six months ago managed to cut about 8-10% or so. Goals are to cut down to 15% body fat and also put on some LBM if possible while cutting. I'll say now, I don't have macros for half the stuff I eat so I won't add them unless requested then I'll add what I can. Thin g is I'd like to not lose anymore weight and just lose the fat and start adding muscle in it's place. Ultimate goal is 200lbs at 12% bf but I'm a long way from there.

Diet :

Wake-up : 9:30AM
    Muscle Milk Shake - double scoop - 32g protein

11:15AM
    6 egg whites and one whole egg mixed with some shredded cheese and some cold cut turkey for a omlet.

2:30PM
    Can of Chicken breast - comes to 65g of protein also add brown rice or a green vegetable.

5:30PM - pre-workout food - usually a banana

7:30PM - post workout food - muscle milk shake 32g of protein

9:00PM - dinner - usually a lean protein like chicken or turkey along with brown rice and a portion of green vegetables.

11:00PM - usually meal 2 again. 6 egg whites and 1 whole egg mixed with some cheese and some cold cut turkey.

1:00AM to 2:00AM bed
    Last edited by LouHulk; 08-06-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LouHulk View Post
    Hi first off here are my stats

Height : 5' 9 1/4"
    Weight : 180
    Body fat % around 20-22

I was a lot closer to 30% body fat about six months ago managed to cut about 8-10% or so. Goals are to cut down to 15% body fat and also put on some LBM if possible while cutting. I'll say now, I don't have macros for half the stuff I eat so I won't add them unless requested then I'll add what I can. Thin g is I'd like to not lose anymore weight and just lose the fat and start adding muscle in it's place. Ultimate goal is 200lbs at 12% bf but I'm a long way from there.

Diet :

Wake-up : 9:30AM
    Muscle Milk Shake - double scoop - 32g protein No complex carbs?

11:15AM
    6 egg whites and one whole egg mixed with some shredded cheese and some cold cut turkey for a omlet. lose the cheese

2:30PM
    Can of Chicken breast - comes to 65g of protein also add brown rice or a green vegetable. can of chicken? get the real stuff, less sodium

5:30PM - pre-workout food - usually a banana protein and carb source here

7:30PM - post workout food - muscle milk shake 32g of protein simple carbs here

9:00PM - dinner - usually a lean protein like chicken or turkey along with brown rice and a portion of green vegetables. good

11:00PM - usually meal 2 again. 6 egg whites and 1 whole egg mixed with some cheese and some cold cut turkey. same

eat some lean meat or cottage cheese or casein protein before bed
    1:00AM to 2:00AM bed
    In bold. I just looked over it very quickly

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    In bold. I just looked over it very quickly
    Thank you, I'll add oats to the morning shake, cut the cheese from my eggs, go with real chicken. Simple carbs? do you mean something with some sugar in it? I'm a tad concerned with adding more food to my diet but my workout partner says I should eat more and that I'm already pretty lean. So if this is another opinion to add slightly to my diet I think I might try it.

Also for my pre-workout food, Your saying I should add more carbs or is the banana enough for carbs?

Thread Information