musclestack is offline Productive Member

a few questions about CKD keto

I've been researching keto for about a week now. I just have a few questions I'm hoping you guys can answer for me:

1. When refeeding with carbs on the weekend, should I be eating carbs, say, Saturday night before bed? I thought carbs before bed was frowned upon?

2. I know I need to stay away from fruit. Will a bit of lemon juice on my chicken breast hurt, or should I stay away altogether? Not a big deal to let it go; I'm mostly just curious.

3. I know a lot of people eat almonds while on keto for their fat source. What about the tag-along carbs that go along with almonds? Or is it such a small amount that it is negligible?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    anyone??

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    1. its fine to eat carbs before bed on refeeds.

2. if its not a big deal to let go, then drop it, mustard is more tasty IMO, and you can have as much as you want within reason.

3. almonds are fine.

i think you over-emphasizing the whole carb intake thing, nuts and almonds dont have enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis... most people can get into ketosis and stay there with as much as 40g of carbs a day...

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    1. its fine to eat carbs before bed on refeeds.

2. if its not a big deal to let go, then drop it, mustard is more tasty IMO, and you can have as much as you want within reason.

3. almonds are fine.

i think you over-emphasizing the whole carb intake thing, nuts and almonds dont have enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis... most people can get into ketosis and stay there with as much as 40g of carbs a day...
    Bingo.

Just to clarify, the reason carbs before bed is fine on CKD refeeds is because your glycogen stores are 100% depleted from your week of keto and unless you eat like 800g of carbs before bed, they'll simple replenish said glycogen and there's no chance that they'll spill over and create new fat.

Thread Information