musclestack is offline Productive Member

help with macros in sirloin

I've been to MANY different websites to calculate the macros in a sirloin steak, but so many are different. I went to livestrong.com and it tells me that there are 69g of protein, and 11.37g of fat in an 8 oz. sirloin steak. Does this sound right? I don't have a scale right now, so I'm estimating the weight of my steak. Can anyone tell me what macros you use when calculating for a sirloin? Like I said, I don't know how many grams it is, but it would be the typical size of a steak you would order at your average restaurant.

Thanks!

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    a site like nutritionaldata.com lets you choose how much fat is left on the steak prior to choosing the size of the portion to see your macros. since i don't eat the fat where possible, I choose "trimmed to zero fat" and choose the 1 ounce option so i can multiply or devide extra portions with ease..so:

Beef, top sirloin, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, select, cooked, broiled gets me:

1 oz.

calories -50
    fat -1
    sat. fat -1
    carb. -0
    protein -9

multiply macros by however many oz. you eat.. fairly close to what you had found...

scales on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_lpo_k...BWKDMBBZSAKV7X
    Last edited by HitIt; 08-08-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Thread Information